[2nd Arc] Castle Made of Sins

Finding Prince Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A comfortable curtain of silence fell in between Sooyeon and Yoona. The latter wanted to ask many things but no coherent sentence is forming in her head. She was rendered speechless by the unexpected presence of Sooyeon. It made her feel a mixture of many things- happiness, confusion, and shock.

 

"Soo-"

 

"Shhh!" A hand quickly covered Yoona's mouth preventing her from saying anything more.  "You really want the entire plane to know the Princess is here? Are you really this surprised that you seem not understand what I just said."

 

Yoona swallowed hard before nodding her head slightly. "Jessica-"

 

"There, that's better." Jessica removed her hand from Yoona's mouth.

 

"-wha- why.. when- how did you get here?"

 

"Why? Is there a rule that forbids a Princess to ride a plane?"

 

"No." Finally Yoona has found her voice. "You know well what I mean. You're suppose to be having your wedding ceremony right now."

 

"Do you not like it that I am right beside you now?"

 

Yoona turned her body slightly to fully face the girl. She pensively eyed her up and down just to check this isn't a dream.

 

"I will give anything just to have you beside me but this isn't right. You said-"

 

"I take back what I said." Jessica cut her off. "If you are willing to give up everything just for me I realized I should do the same."

 

"Jessica-"

 

"No,  you're more important." She blurts with finality. "This time I'll be selfish and choose you above anything else."

 

Yoona fell silent. She doesn't get how the hell did her wish come true? How did Jessica ended up on the seat beside her? Did her chaffeur or body guard drive her here? Yes, Yoona is happy. But this wasn't the purpose of her departure. She wanted Jessica's life long dream to happen- to be the Queen, to serve the people and continue the legacy of her ancestors- yet it was thwarted by no other than the very purpose why Yoona decided to leave in the first place.

 

"What is your family's take about this?"

 

Jessica gulped. She nervously circled her thumbs unable to answer. "Ummm... They... Hmmm... are-"

 

Yoona's face scrunched as she listened to Jessica stutter. And then she gasps when she realizes something.

 

"Wait... Don't tell me they don't know anything about this."

 

Jessica stared at Yoona's clouded with uncertainty eyes before gathering her shoulders together to muster a small nod.

 

"Huh?!" Yoona stared at her wide eye as if she's seen a ghost. "You ran away?"

 

Jessica hurriedly clamped Yoona's mouth once again looking rather nervous. Yoona will end up blowing her cover if she doesn't hush down.

 

"I did, okay? But can you please lower your voice? I really don't want to go back."

 

Once she earned a nod, Jessica removed her hand for the second time.

 

"I did run away." She gazes into Yoona's eyes with outmost sincerity and intensity. "And that's because I want to be with you."

 

"You do know if they find you-"

 

"I don't care if they drag me back. What I care about is spending more time with you."

 

"More time?"

 

"Yes. I want to compensate for being an idiot and choosing my dream over you." She clung her arm around Yoona's and leant her head over her shoulder. "I guess forever is enough for that compensation right?"

 

Yoona looked at the crown of head resting on her shoulder. A small smile slowly crept its way to her features and it only grew wider when Jessica used both of her hands to hold Yoona's right.

 

"Forever's not enough." Yoona planted a small kiss on top of Jessica's head.

 

Jessica smiled and Yoona can feel that against her arm. "Then I'll spend another lifetime with you."

 

"Then I guess that's enough."

 

Yoona finally let go of all the doubts and hesitation. If Jessica is here with her without any doubts and is willing to be with her then Yoona should capitalize for this opportunity. If Jessica has decided to be selfish then maybe it's time that Yoona too should stop her selflessness.

 

the whole world, Yoona thought.

 

 

****

 

 

Taeyeon gasped for air as she half-walk, half-run in her high heels around Incheon Airport. She is looking for her cousin who she cannot wait to beat into pulp.

 

Finally she sees the check-in counters. She quickly approached an unoccupied counter and tapped it impatiently with her palm.

 

"Miss! When will the flight for Paris depart?"

 

The attendant was startled for a while but quickly regained her composure. With a few types and clicks, she quickly found out the answer to the inquiry.

 

"The last flight for Paris has just departed ten minutes ago."

 

Taeyeon's face was drained from its color as if she's just seen a horrendous scene right in front of her.

 

"Is there any more flight today?"

 

"I'm sorry ma'am but our flights to Europe are limited to one flight a day except in London and Paris."

 

"Good! When's the next flight for Paris?"

 

"Umm... The flight that departed ten minutes ago is the second and last flight to Paris for today ma'am."

 

Taeyeon felt like a slap was thrown at her face. The last flight to Paris has departed which means her cousin has left already and the assurance of her return seem to be uncertain.

 

Like a brainless zombie, Taeyeon dawdled on her way out lost in her own thoughts. Her cousin, her favorite cousin left without much of a goodbye.

 

"Taeng, you know I love you right?"

 

"Yah, cut it out with the cheesiness."

 

"It's not cheesiness. It's the truth. Take care of yourself okay? Call me when you feel lonely. I will always be there for you even if I am somewhere far away."

 

"Ugh. You're creeping me out with this."

 

"Yah, I'm serious here. I will miss you, Tae. Like a lot."

 

 

Exhaling loudly, Taeyeon runs her finger through her now messily unkept hair.

 

"I should have known something was wrong then when that kid kept on blabbering nonsense things."

 

Taeyeon felt like crying as of this very moment. No words can describe how she loves Yoona. Sure they sometimes fight but still Yoona is her closest and most favorite cousin. She actually treats Yoona as her sister, she sees her as her sister. And now that sister has left and Taeyeon felt betrayed.

 

Why didn't Yoona tell her she is hurting? Why can't Yoona tell her she'll be leaving to heal her heart? Why can't Yoona man up and tell to Taeyeon's face that she's no longer coming back?

 

Tons of questions flooded Taeyeon's mind and it only left her annoyed at her cousin.

 

"Sure. Go! You think I'll be lonely without you?"

 

Taeyeon mumbled half-heartedly. She might have said that but she didn't mean any of it. She was just hurt, upset and pissed that's why it came out her stupid mouth.

 

"Go away! I don't need you!"

 

She stomped her foot like a kid that had her lollipop taken away.

 

Taeyeon used the back of her hand to wipe her tears away. One would think she's not in the right mind at all but Taeyeon doesn't give a damn about what people will think of her. She was feeling down and she wanted to let out all those frustration. Nothing will stop her from throwing a fit.

 

"Taeyeon!"

 

Taeyeon looked up and to her surprise found Sunny standing in front of her. A worried look quickly made its way to Sunny's face the moment she saw the wet cheeks of her dear girlfriend.

 

"Why are you crying?" She quickly cupped her face. She wiped away the tears but it keeps on getting replaced with fresh, hot tears.

 

"Yoong-" Taeyeon sniffs unwomanly like. "-she left.  She left without telling me."

 

"But didn't she say she'll leave for Paris?"

 

"That's different! I thought she will come back b-but n-now..." Taeyeon trailed off as tears once again threatened to spill.

 

Sunny sighed and pulled her girlfriend of a hug. She was too immersed comforting Taeyeon that she forgot she had company.

 

"Ehem."

 

At that fake cough, Sunny reluctantly pulled away and threw the person on her side a bashful grin. She then glanced back at the dazed Taeyeon and snapped her out of her reverie.

 

"Baby, I have to tell you something."

 

Taeyeon sloppily wiped her nose and eyes just so she can pay full attention to her girlfriend. She tried stopping her whimpers and ended up hiccuping instead.

 

Sunny pulled the arm of her company who was dressed in a skinny jeans, shirt and a baseball cap. Taeyeon eyed her carefully, noticing the familiar face structure.

 

She gasps when she realized who it was. "Princess Soojung!"

 

Sunny and Soojung were quick to clamp shut to avoid any spectator. They sighed in relief when no one paid attention to Taeyeon and those who did pay attention are now back doing what they were doing earlier.

 

"W-Why are you guys here? Shouldn't you be in the wedding venue?" said Taeyeon.

 

Sunny shrugged. "Why should we when the bride nor the groom aren't there?"

 

"Why? Is the wedding finish already? What? You guys didn't attend it?"

 

"Like Sunny unnie said there is nothing to attend when the groom and bride aren't there." Soojung rolled her eyes when Taeyeon looked so lost with what she said. "What we mean is Sooyeon unnie and Jinki oppa aren't getting married."

 

Taeyeon's eyes widened in surprised. She was rather glad because if her cousin finds out about this then maybe she can return but then she was also baffled as to why they won't marry.

 

"Why? What happened?"

 

Sunny smiled but didn't answer. They watch at Soojung excited run to the open field overlooking the huge runaway. A fence was in the way making Soojung grasp at the wires, shaking it violently as she wave vigorously at the plane ready for take-off.

 

"You haven't answered my question." Taeyeon turned to Sunny. She was still confused as because she has no idea what is happening right now. She's at a lost.

 

Sunny answered with a smile, pointing at the plane Soojung is waving at.

 

"Sooyeon followed her heart."

 

Taeyeon's blank face changed to that of surprise when she realized what her girlfriend meant.

 

"Wait! D-Don't tell me Princess Sooyeon boarded the same flight as Yoona."

 

Sunny zipped shut.

 

"Yah! Why aren't you answering?"

 

"You said not to tell."

 

"So it's true?!"

 

"Not only is Sooyeon unnie on the same flight as Yoona unnie." Soojung gladly let a long sigh of relief. "She's also seated next to her."

 

And that was enough to drive Taeyeon crazy.

 

 

****

 

 

King Yunho, Queen Ara and grandma Jung gathered at the huge living room of the Palace with a huge classic looking chandelier lighting their gloomy faces, except the latter. Jinki's family were present as well, the head of the family, Prime Minister, doesn't look that good.

 

"Where did Jinki go?" He muttured through gritted teeth. His hands are now curled into fists, knuckles turning white at the pressure.

 

"Father, don't be too hard on yourself." Jinki's dad attempted to calm his father but the Minister wouldn't relax even for a second.

 

"I can't relax! This is a disgrace to our family! He eloped with that girl? I told him to end things with her permanently but look at him. He ran back to her like a dog looking for his owner."

 

"Minister." King Yunho intervenes. He can understand the Minister's sentiments but he didn't have to go far with his rants. "I understand what your feeling, my daughter too ran away. But to compare Jinki with a dog, even if it's only a simile, still remember he's your own flesh and blood."

 

"I apologize for the rudeness your majesty. It's just that I am ashamed with what he did."

 

"There is nothing to be ashamed of." Yunho got up his seat and started pacing around. "Our children has chosen their own path. It is I who is sorry for putting your family into shame."

 

"That's preposterous, your majesty!" The minister quickly denies. "You shouldn't apologize, your majesty. You did nothing wrong."

 

"I think I did." Yunho stood in front of the window over looking the garden. "I should have considered the feelings of our children. I was just focused on marrying off Sooyeon. I didn't even discuss things with her nor did I take the time to talk to Jinki for his opinion."

 

Grandma Jung heaved a long dejected sigh. "There's nothing we can do. We can't force them to marry each other when their mind, body and soul is against it. If they marry they won't be happy because this is not what they want."

 

"Then what about Princess Sooyeon? She must be married, your majesty."

 

"The rule states that the Crown Prince or Princess should marry first before they ascend the throne. As long as I am still sitting as King, it's alright if Sooyeon doesn't marry now. It's also okay for her to choose whoever she wants to marry."

 

"Yeobo." Queen Ara was touched at the remark. "You mean-"

 

"Sooyeon can marry that guy, whoever it is, she ran away with." Yunho faced the Lees with a small smile. "Don't be to hard on Jinki. Our children are still young and they can make mistakes. But I guess this mistake is something they will not regret later in life because they did it for their own happiness."

 

Jinki's mother nodded as she sobbed. She was worried for her son but at the same time relieved that he wasn't able to push through the wedding. Truthfully speaking she was not glad when his son was chosen by Princess Sooyeon. She liked Jinki's then girlfriend and she really wished she has a daughter-in-law like her. She was sad and upset with her father when he insisted that Jinki break up with the girl.

 

Jinki's father comforted his wife, a fatherly smile etched on his features. "It's alright, yeobo. Jinki will be fine."

 

The Prime Minister can only look on. He then averted his gaze back to the King. "But what about the Princess, your majesty. Can we guarantee her safety?"

 

At the question, grandma Jung quickly comes in. "Oh I wouldn't worry about her safety. She's in good hands."

 

She earned questioning looks but she could only smile mysteriously at them.

 

 

****

 

 

"Ummm... What's with the face Taeyeon?"

 

Sooyoung asked the just arrived Taeyeon since the red eyes and nose gave the impression as if she she been crying the whole week.

 

"Allergy." Sunny cuts in with a soft chuckle. She then noticed Yuri and Tiffany sitting at the table near the cashier still wearing their outfits from the discontinued wedding. "Why are you here? I thought-"

 

"The wedding didn't happen." Yuri quickly intercepted with a sigh.

 

Taeyeon and Sunny exchanged brief looks for about two seconds before feigning surprise.

 

"What happened?" Taeyeon prodded while donning a fake scowl. She knew what happened perfectly though. Sunny and Princess Soojung filled her on the way back from the airport. The Princess dropped them off before returning to the palace.

 

"Princess Sooyeon and Jinki both ran away." Yuri answered.

 

"Ran away? You mean together?" This time it was Sunny playing dumb.

 

"No, separately. They both followed their heart's desire." Tiffany added dreamily. "Aish... That Jinki didn't even tell us."

 

Tiffany, Yuri and Yoona were friends with Jinki during high school. When they went to university they went separate ways but they still considered the other a friend. It didn't change.

 

"What did the Palace say to the media, the public?"

 

Now Sunny was just curious. Soojung didn't tell her anything since she wasn't in the venue. They were out sneaking Sooyeon out the hotel. Jinki did the preparations beforehand. He called someone over the phone, asking for a chat. It turned out that person was his ex, the girl he's still hang up, and the reason she came was to say greeting for this new stage in his life before she completely let him go.

 

But to her surprise, Jinki proposed to her. It happened right in front of the two Princesses and Sunny. Sooyeon had a huge smile on her face when the girl stared into her with uncertainty. When Jessica nodded, the girl, known as Park Sunyoung otherwise called Luna,  accepted his proposal.

 

After the short-lived romantic proposal, Sooyeon, Sunny and Soojung traded their gowns to casual outfits. To their surprised Jinki has packed the things Sooyeon will need for her journey. The smart young lad has planned this all along after that talk with Yoona.

 

They used Luna's car to leave and the girl drove them to the airport. Jinki handed Sooyeon's travel documents. To her surprise the name in the passport and ticket is addressed as Jessica Jung. Her passport photo is that of her look when she lived the life as Jessica, a brunette but this time she has sported a clean cut bangs.

 

They wondered how Jinki did all that preparation but the answer is really simple: money. For the first time Jinki used his connections as a Lee to prepare all the documents, in a span of 12 hours. Not only Sooyeon's but also his travel documents and Luna's. It was also rather easy to dodge airport security if there happened to be a flaw in the plan since the Lees family business all along is an Airline Company. And did he mention they just bought the majority of shares of Incheon Airport? So basically the Lees own it.

 

Jinki went great heights in order to find his happiness and in the process helped Sooyeon and a dear friend of his, Yoona.

 

"Yes. The Palace decided to tell it but they said their own version. They told the media Princess Sooyeon and Jinki cannot bring themselves to marry each other. But they asked the people inside the venue to keep the secret about the whole story." explained Tiffany.

 

"Wait. They didn't say the truth? They didn't say the two ran away?"

 

"They didn't have to specifically say that because right after they released the statement and after that statement was broadcasted many speculated that they ran away. The Palace didn't have to say it blantantly because they know many will conclude that Jinki and Princess Sooyeon left."

 

"Wow Tiffany." Taeyeon can only stare at her with awe. "You're like your dad. I wouldn't be surprise if you enter politics."

 

"I won't enter it." Tiffany quickly replied. "I'm not interested and I don't want to go bald like my dad."

 

Yuri chuckled and because of the blinding eye smile Tiffany has right now, she stole a peck on her cheek.

 

"Eeeeep!"

 

Sooyoung, who seem to be in deep thought since the beginning of the conversation, suddenly spoke.

 

"Is the Princess okay?" She ponders. "I mean she's probably somewhere out there without her precious security. What if-"

 

"Don't worry." Taeyeon beamed widely at her. "I think she'll be in good hands."

 

She veered her eyes to her lover Sunny who was smiling back at her.

 

Finally their precious cousins have found their happiness.

 

 

****

 

 

Yoona cannot stop the gr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter