Charmed.

Charmed.

7 months have passed and she still doesn’t know if she made the right decision in joining We got Married.

She’s been following the program since its birth, smiling when Solbi lovingly prepared kimbabs and rolls for Andy during his Shinhwa’s 10th anniversary concert, giggling when CrownJ, after graduating from Alex’s “academy of event preparation training”, tried his hardest to impress Seo In Young, and crying her eyes out when she witnessed the split of the JoongBo couple.

This program is scarywas the first thought that popped into her head. Heck, feelings, emotions were involved. The only thing you’ll get out of it, Victoria muses, was heartbreak. What happens after the show, when you see the other person backstage after a program or show, do you greet them politely as if nothing happened? Smile? Chat for a while maybe? The transition from a couple to friends or acquaintances will just be too abrupt, too sudden, and wouldn’t you get caught in between not knowing how to react? Not given enough time to adjust?

She was pretty sure all the celebrities who have been cast had good feelings for each other, how did they feel when their show was up? No one ever bothered to ask.

So when her manager told her the PD of WGM would like to interview her as a potential candidate, she refused. Flat out no, she lashed out in her head. She wasn’t willing to put her emotions out for others to enjoy and lap up.

But here she was, 7 months into marriage, with him. She wasn’t sure herself how she came to this point, but she knew she was afraid. Dangerously afraid. And she didn’t like it one bit.

He was a fine man, but too polite, and too gentlemanly. She had blushed when he held out her hand to steady her as she got off the bus, kept fixing her hair whenever he smiled (she pretends she doesn’t see how his beautiful eyes become crescent-shaped when he smiles). And oh, how she tried her hardest to remain neutral whenever he prepared an event for her, but she’s a girl for goodness’ sake, so she merely blames her gender for the increased heartrate, the color in her cheeks, and the giddy smile tugging the corners of her lips.

It’s not right, she berates herself, she should be stronger than this. She wasn’t going to let her fall right into his charms. She just can’t.

She was so lost in these thoughts that she didn’t realize he was standing next to her. Filming for wgm had just ended, and the filming crew was busy packing the equipment.

“Are you fine? You look stressed out.”

Well, of course I’m stressed out! I’m stressing over how not to fall into your charms, dammit. She pushed these thoughts further back into her head, and smiled.

“Nothing’s wrong. It’s late, you should go back. You’re flying off tomorrow for a performance, aren’t you? You should get some rest.” She murmured.

She gave a surprise yelp when she felt him take her hands into his own.

“Wha.. what are you doing?”

“You’re cold.”

She felt her heart palpitate faster. Well, now that my heart’s pumping more blood, I suppose I’m warmer now. Gee thanks. She quietly mused. Her cheeks felt hot.

“My manager is coming in 10 minutes’ time so I have time. Come, tell me what’s the problem.” He whispered, gently tracing circles at the back of her hand.

Are you always this… this friendly with girls?

“No, only when I’m with you.”

And she gave an audible gasp, before she felt herself being embraced by him. Her stomach gave weird flip-flops and she was making a conscious effort not to hear how fast her heart pounded. No, this isn’t right. And she found herself trying to extract herself.

“Why are you always pulling away?” He grumbled, refusing to let go of her.

Doesn’t she know that she makes him feel this way? All fluttery inside… could guys even feel that way? Every smile, every touch…she doesn’t know she drives him crazy.

“Let go of me, Nichkhun. This isn’t proper.”

She doesn’t get it, does she?

“It isn’t proper to hug a girl a guy likes? Me thinks this is proper” He grinned, his smile getting wider when he felt Victoria stopped struggling and raise her head to look at him. (He pretends his heart doesn’t suddenly do a somersault when he catches her gaze.)

“I like you, Victoria. Very much-“

“Why yes, that’s understandable Nichkhun, we’re a virtual couple, of course we have to like each other, otherwise—“

He tried to suppress a groan, and cast a firm gaze upon her.

“I. Like. You. I like your 4D personality, I like your bunny eyes, I like how you always put others before you, I like your strong fighting spirit.. You got me charmed, Victoria. There goes my dignity.” He sighed, gently fixing her bangs.

“well-,” she barely managed to splutter out,

 

 

 

“You’re not the only one who’s charmed.”