Prologue

Hitting on Lee Taemin

 

     "Lee Taemin". Those were the best and worst words I had ever heard in my life. I had given up my life, everything I had just to hear those two words. And now I regretted it all. My dad had passed away, while working on his last mission. I had never really been able to get used to the fact that my father was an assassin. It was what he did for a living.

     When I was about 2 years old, my father had lost his job at the toothpaste factory he used to work at. So for 2 years, he looked for another job, and my family lived on our life's savings. But after those 2 years, he was still jobless, until he met Park Jeongmin. He offered my father a job, a job my father would never dream of accepting.

But we were down to the last few won that were left in our savings account. So he took the job out of desperation, figuring it was a temporary thing. But soon, others found out about my father and how he had done a great job on his first mission, and people began to offer him other missions, each one paying more and more than the last.

So, by the time my father passed away we were practically rich. Although I hated my father’s job, I never actually hated him. I knew he was doing everything for the best of the family.

     My father had been working on the last mission that Park Jeongmin himself had assigned my father to do. Mr. Park said it was the biggest, but definitely the last mission that anyone was willing to give him. He was prepared to pay my father 3,000,000 won for the price of the death of this person. So, my father took the job, thinking it would be easy to finish.

But when he unexpectedly passed away, he left that mission undone. Mr.Park with no other choice, asked me to go through with the mission for my father. He knew I despised my father for the way he provided money for the family, and he knew I would never accept the offer.

So when I turned down his offer of finishing off my father’s mission, he broke me down. He kidnapped my family, took all our money away, got my friends to turn on me and even sold the house. He left me with no reason to live.

     Mr.Park told me that if I didn't get this mission done in a month, it would be then end of my family, and me. I didn't believe him at first. I didn't think he could be that cruel. But, boy was I wrong. Sure, he wanted people dead, but he wasn't heartless enough to do it himself. Instead, he hired people to do it for him. But he was cruel. A cruel and heartless man.

     Night after night, he would call me and make me listen to the torturous cries of my family in agony and pain, as him men tore them apart. So, I had no choice but to take the job. And taking the job, would free my family, and earn us some money so we could get our life back on track. But, when I heard who my victim wad, I regretted everything.

Lee Taemin, the teenage heartthrob, was to be the one that I would viciously murder. He was my idol. He was the only Kpop star who got to me. I LOVED the boy band SHINee, and Taemin was my ultimate bias.

It wasn't like I was in love with him or anything, at least I didn't think so, but Taemin was my favorite singer of all time. So, when I was assigned to kill him for reasons, unknown, reasons that Mr.Park would not tell me, not even after I begged him, my whole world fell apart.

I had kept alive without my family, without my home, without money, on the hope that this one death would fix everything. But hearing it was Lee Taemin, went against everything I had hoped for. His death would cause a huge commotion, and I could definitely get caught. I begged Mr.Park to give me another victim, but being the heartless man that he is, he refused.

     Taemin was the one he wanted killed and if I wasn't willing to kill Taemin, he would kill me and I would soon be following their fate. So, for the next month, I will be pretending to work as Taemin's tutor. Taemin, being the maknae of SHINee, hadn't received as much education as the rest of the members.

So, by pulling some strings, Mr.Park had managed to get me to be hired as Taemin's tutor. During my time with him, I was to get to know him better, gain all his trust, and spend as much time with him as possible, so when the time comes, I can kill him and leave the scene without getting caught.

I had a lot of doubts about doing this, but I needed to do it for my family. So, I had put aside everything about Taemin, and thought of him as my victim, not as my bias. I, Kim Hyuna, am ready to kill Lee Taemin.                                            

 

 

 

........Sorta Ready.