Sixteen

You Are My Phobia

 

Jinki leaned back and watched the mountain pan out below them. His eyes flickered back to Joon a couple of times. The man was obviously unafraid of the height. Jinki felt a little dumb for dragging the theory out so much. He’d have to find something else.

 

“Don’t analyze me,” Joon instructed, after catching Jinki eyeing him for the second time. “Relaaaax,” He said. Joon’s hand s up to Jinki’s forehead and pulled it down to meet his shoulder. His fingers idly ran up and down Jinki’s temple.

 

“I am relaxed,” Jinki insisted.

 

“Right now,” Joon said. “You weren’t a second ago.”

 

“Details,” Jinki hummed. Jinki could have fallen asleep right there if he wasn’t brought back to reality by his stomach growling. Hadn’t he just eaten?

 

“We should eat before we go up the tower,” Joon said. Jinki nodded, rubbing his forehead against Joon’s shoulder.

 

When the cable car reached the platform, Joon almost had to pick Jinki up and carry him out. Joon was some sort of magician, relaxing Jinki that quickly. But Jinki quickly snapped out of his trance at the promise of food.

 

“Stay here,” Joon told him, setting him by a guardrail and going into a food shop. Jinki shoved his hands into his pockets and leaned against the railing. In an attempt to pass the time, he blew plumes of hot breath into the frosty air. Eventually, a microscopic snowflake found his nose.

 

Jinki didn’t hate cold weather, but he wasn’t a fanatic either. He preferred warmth and comfort. But when Joon returned to him, there was no question to where he’d rather be.

 

“I hope you like chicken,” Joon said, handing Jinki something wrapped in tinfoil. Jinki smiled.

 

“I do,” He said. Joon smiled as well.

 

“Let’s get on our way,” He suggested. Jinki nodded, following Joon. The food could wait. Hell, anything could wait for Joon.

 

Joon paid the fee to ascend the tower, and the two men stood in the elevator with a couple of young girls and an elderly man. Joon flashed Jinki a smile as they rose. Jinki returned it without hesitation. Although, his smiles were growing smaller. Joon was starting to bring his basic functions down. Including the most important; Jinki’s heart rate.

 

Slowly, the other people in the elevator got off at different areas of the tower. Joon seemed to be set on getting of at the next stop, so they walked out onto the viewing deck.

 

“This side has no people!” Joon exclaimed. “Someone upstairs is looking out for us today!” Joon reached out and took Jinki’s hand, tugging him along to the fence. Jinki had never seen the famous Namsan Tower padlocks in person before. They were actually pretty cool. Jinki read a few of them. They each said the same mushy, love dovey things one would expect them to say. After a few, Jinki finally got around to unwrapping and eating his food.

 

“Are you cold?” Joon asked.

 

“I’m fine,” Jinki answered. “Are you?”

 

“I’m fine,” Joon mimicked. But by the time they had eaten, Joon was looking a little anxious.

 

“Jinki,” He said. “If we had a lock, what would we write on it?”

 

“We don’t have a lock,” Jinki reminded him. Joon grinned and reached into his jacket pocket, producing a silver padlock.

 

“Ta-dah,” He sang. Jinki laughed.

 

“Okay, smarty,” He said, “What do we write on it?” Joon grinned even more.

 

“Ah,” He breathed, “What about… first kiss on Namsan Tower?”

 

“Our first kiss wasn’t on Namsan Tower,” Jinki pointed out. Joon looked visibly upset by this.

 

“That one doesn’t count,” He said, pulling a felt pen from his pocket. “First kiss on Namsan Tower,” He said aloud before showing the lock to Jinki. “Now it’s on the lock. We can’t lie to the lock.” Jinki laughed again. But Joon wasn’t laughing. He was merely smiling at the prospect of what was to come. Jinki felt his face go warm.

 

“You’re blushing,” Joon pointed out. This only served to deepen the blush. Joon reached out to hook his finger under Jinki’s chin, tilting his face in the right direction. Jinki could have sworn there were literal butterflies in his stomach when their lips connected.

 

“Jinki, are you running a fever?” Joon asked, stepping back. Jinki shoved his shoulder, causing Joon to laugh. “Aaah, cute,” He hummed. “Here, put the lock on the fence.” He handed Jinki the lock.

 

“Where do I put it?” He asked, trying to will away the butterflies in his stomach. Joon began carefully scanning the fence.

 

“Here,” He said. Jinki found where Joon was looking and locked the padlock onto the fence. “Now it’s there forever,” Joon said.

 

“Unless we cut it off,” Jinki pointed out. He was startled by Joon throwing his arms around him and swinging him back and forth.

 

“We won’t cut it off!” He said. “Never ever ever!” Jinki burst out laughing.

 

“Are you a child?” He snorted.

 

“Yes,” Joon answered. “Of course I am.” Still holding onto Jinki, he craned his neck to kiss him on the cheek. “But I’m your child, right?” Jinki hummed, watching their accumulated breath turn into white clouds in the air.

 

“Of course you are,” He said. Joon stopped pulling Jinki around, but he didn’t release him. Instead, Jinki felt the man resting his chin on his shoulder. They stared out at the Seoul skyline for a while, breath mingling in the chilly winter air. Joon’s hands found Jinki’s, and the held onto each other for what Jinki had hoped would be forever.

 

Unfortunately, they had to separate when more people came onto their side of the viewing deck. Instead, they resorted to standing as close as humanly possible and holding hands under their jackets. Jinki didn’t mind, as long as he at least got to be around Joon.

 

The two went home when the sun began to waver in the sky; threatening to drop below the skyline. Despite the fact that many other people were leaving at the same time, and the place was crowded, Joon and Jinki were content. It had been a perfect day.

 

Jinki curled up against the window in Joon’s car while Joon drove them away from the subway station. Jinki expected him to stop at Jinki’s apartment, or at least his own. Instead, he drove into a shopping mall parking lot. The mall was closed, and no other cars were in the lot. Jinki watched, puzzled, as Joon got out of the car and took a few steps into the thin snow.

 

“My dad used to take me to parking lots when I was young, during the winter,” Joon said, loud enough for Jink to hear. “We’d do doughnuts until we were sick. I was thinking I could do that, but I figured you didn’t want to be sick.” Jinki got out of the car and leaned over the hood.

 

“Now what?” He asked.

 

“Well, it’s pretty, right?” Joon said. Jinki looked around at the abandoned parking lot. The sun had set, leaving the streetlights to illuminate the snow-covered lot. Snowflakes floated down from the sky, light softly bouncing off of them.

 

“It is,” He said. His train of thought was abruptly cut off when a snowball hit his shoulder. Jinki looked back to see Joon retreating behind a lamppost. “That’s dirty play!” Jinki told him.

 

“All’s fair in love and war,” Joon shouted back. Jinki crouched down behind the car to gather a couple of snowballs. When he looked back over the hood, Joon was out of sight. Jinki yelped when a snowball hit his lower back. He whipped around and pelted Joon’s legs with powdery snowballs. They all disintegrated upon contact.

 

“What snow are you using?” Jinki asked loudly as Joon ran around the other side of the car.

 

“War snow!” Joon told him. Jinki laughed weakly.

 

“Really? I think I’m using love snow. It’s not working,” He quipped. Joon came back around the car, snowballs in hand. “Aaah, don’t hit me,” Jinki whined. Joon handed him his arsenal of snow-weapons.

 

“Hit me,” He said, standing back.

 

“I can’t hit you with your own snow,” Jinki said, pouting.

 

“C’mon, it’s not fair otherwise!” Joon insisted. Jinki hesitated before taking a snowball and flinging it at Joon. It hit his waist with a smack.

 

“I didn’t mean for it to hit that hard!” Jinki laughed, putting down the remaining snowballs. Joon was laughing with him. Jinki patted the spot of impact. “I’m sorry, hyung,” He chuckled.

 

“It’s okay,” Joon said. “I have abs of steel.”
 

Jinki looked up at Joon with narrow eyes. Finally, he sighed.

 

“How am I supposed to feel confident around you?” He asked. Joon chuckled.

 

“Jinki, I have a stomach that can take snowballs. You have a smile that could melt all the snow in the world,” He said. Jinki bit his bottom lip, trying to hide his instant need to smile. “For a grown man, you sure are adorable,” Joon said. Jinki rolled his eyes. “Are you cold?”

 

“A little,” Jinki answered.

 

“Let’s head home then,” Joon suggested, returning to his side of the car. Jinki got into the car. He was shivering by the time they left the parking lot, and Joon turned the heat on ‘full.’

 

Jinki watched Joon for most of the car ride. He was pretty safe, since Joon had to keep his eyes on the road. The man seemed to get more attractive as the days went by. By the time they were almost at Jinki’s apartment, Jinki had made up his mind.

 

“I don’t want to go home,” He said softly. Joon looked at him briefly before turning back to the road.

 

“Where do you want to go?” He asked. Jinki shrugged.

 

“I don’t know,” He answered. “I just don’t want to go home.” Joon paused.

 

“That apartment of yours isn’t very nice to you, is it, Jinki?” He asked.

 

“No,” Jinki answered. “It isn’t.” Joon nodded inwardly.

 

“Well, it’s nice in mine, right?” He asked. Jinki nodded. Joon changed courses and headed straight to his own apartment. When they reached the building, Joon ushered Jinki onto the couch. He went to the kitchen and came back five minutes later with hot tea and a fleece blanket. He handed Jinki a mug, dragged the blanket over both of them, and the TV.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to watch a horror movie?” Jinki asked. Joon laughed.

 

“Jinki, you know that relationships are built on trust, right?” He said.

 

“It’s not that I distrust you!” Jinki insisted. “I just think you’re hiding something from me and putting on a complete ruse to cover it up.” Joon laughed again.

 

“If you have such a strong phobia, then I shouldn’t have any,” He stated. “I need to be fearless for you.”

 

“I don’t care if it’s something weird, like a fear of ducks,” Jinki assured him. Joon promptly took Jinki’s head and leaned it against his collarbones.

 

“We should eat dinner,’ He said. Jinki hummed in response. “Oh, I think I have some barbeque meat left. I’ll go cook it up.” He stood up, ensuring that there was a pillow under Jinki’s head to fill his place. Jinki silently watched the TV while Joon was in the kitchen. He returned a little while later, handing Jinki a plate of meat and rice.

 

“You’re always feeding me,” Jinki said softly. “How am I gonna repay you?” Joon sat down next to him. He stopped to think about it for a minute before planting a soft, tender kiss on Jinki’s forehead.

 

“By staying in my life,” He said. Jinki smiled. That was one thing he was sure he could do.

 


 

Phewy! I had this written an hour ago, but my computer had a hissy fit T^T Ah, but it's done now XD

 

YAMP hit 100 subs since the last update~! 

Arigatougozaimaa! I love you all!! :D

 

Kiss kissu, as a special thanks ;) 

 

See you all on Tuesday (possibly Wednesday; I'm heading out of town tomorrow X3)