A Step Closer

Beautiful Stranger

The next morning....
 

 

"Good morning everybody! Had a goodnight's sleep? Good dreams too, perhaps? No? Haish. Why can't one of you be a little friendly and polite and respond?? Whatever. Anyway, I'll be home a little late today," you broke the morning silence. You directed your last sentence towards your Dad because you know he's very particular about house rules. The girls in the family can't be home later than 8pm on school nights.

 

 

Finally you got the attention you want because your Dad instantly asked you "Why?? Where are you going??"

 

 

"Getting a gig ticket at the nearest Grabbiet outlet," you beamed. You know you'll get a hell of a lecture since the ticket requires money and your family is just an average family. Financial can be tight at times.

 

"Concert ticket??! Who's the band or group? That INFINITE of yours?" your mum interrupted as she sat in her seat at the dining table. She really dislike it that you have a craze for KPOP.

Oh how I wish INFINITE is mine you thought.

 

 

"Nope. It's a korean band, NELL. But they speak English!"

 

"Who'll be going with you?" 

 

"No one," you whispered.

 

 

 

"So you're going to a concert alone.... do you know how crazy a gig can be? There will be moshpits and lots of unruly guys around. incidents do happen in gigs while the band is playing."

 

 

"I know, Dad. But NELL is not some punk rock or screamo kind of band where all this can happen. Plus! Our country's security is really tight!!"

 

 

"Details of the gig then."

 

 

You mentally punch your right fist into the air. You know you're close to being allowed to attend the concert because your Dad asked for details.

 

 

 

 

On the way to school with Hana....

 

"So when are you getting your NELL's ticket?"

 

"After school later. Wanna come along?"

 

"I can't. I have to be home straight away after school for three weeks remember? Stupid grounded rules!"

 

"Oooopsi! I forget. Heh. Then, be a good girl and just go home. That way, not only are you making your parents proud of you, but your Sungyeol oppa as well!"

 

 

"Aish! Shut up! You make it sound so real like as if I belong to Sungyeol and vice versa!"

 

 

"It's real though, isn't it? Just like how I'm attached to Myungsoo oppa!" With that, the both of you laughed heartily while continuing the journey to school. Both your imaginations can really run wild when talking abut your biases. 

 

 

After school...

 

"Hana, I'll leave first! See you tomorrow!"

 

 

"Alright! See you tomorrow, Jas! Be safe!!! Pay attention to your surroundings especially when crossing! Spazz about your ticket once you're safely home!!"

 

 

"Dehh dehh ommmonim!" You said that while rolling your eyes at Hana.

 

 

Throughout the journey to Grabbiet, you smiled while listening to your FFavourites playlist.

 

 

 

At Grabbiet...

 

 

"Good afternoon. How can I help you?"

 

"Hi afternoon! I'm here to purchase a ticket for NELL's gig. I would like it to be in the standing pit," you said in a high pitch tone which is totally unnecessary.

 

 

"Ahhh I see. Well I can say that you're one of the few young fans of them. Those who purchased their tickets last night and earlier today are all middle aged and beyond."

 

You just smiled when she said that taking it as a compliment, yet imapatiently waiting for her to book your ticket for you.

 

"Alright here you go and it'll be $210." You handed her your money and in return for your NELL's ticket.

 

 

You just can't stop grinning. Finally. At long last, you'll be going to NELL's concert!

 

 

 

At home...

 

 

 

"Someone's being too happy."

 

"Let me see it!" Your brother snatched the ticket you were holding in your right hand grabbed it from you.

 

"OI! GIVE IT BACK TO ME THIS INSTANCE!" you roared. You can't bear to think about any misfortune happening to your beloved NELL ticket.

 

"Hand it over to me NOW." your mum said sternly as she appeared from the kitchen with a ladle in her right hand. Without hesitating, your brother handed her the ticket. She looked on the both sides of the ticket and then passed it back to you. You quickly ran to your room before anyone could snatch it back.

 

 

As soon you're safe in your bedroom, you lied down on your bed and text your two best friends to let them know that you've got the ticket.

 

 


 

A/N: I know this chap is awfully and painfully boring. But I promise you the appearance of Myungsoo in the next chapter ;)