It's a deal.

It's a deal.

Alright, just keep calm. Don't want to look like an idiot again, right? … I'm trying my best to avoid showing that side.

I let out a sigh as I approached the familiar café, trying my very best not to look nervous in any way, which was actually starting to work out pretty well for me.

That was probably thanks to the many times I went there before that I managed not to look like a complete fool, it was rather surprising as I remembered having a head like a tomato the first time I went.

As I opened the door, I heard a light jingle, announcing to the employees that yet another costumer had entered the store, though that didn't actually seem to mean much as a lot of them were already busy.

I smiled a little, feeling relieved that the café was as busy as ever, I made my way over to a seat near the window, it was my favourite spot, for a rather silly reason, but I was glad I almost always got to sit there.

Why that was my favourite spot? Oh well...
 

-Flashback-

I walked along the street, unable to stay inside, too fidgety to calm myself, I figured getting some fresh air might fix it.

Honestly, it wasn't really working, I decided that perhaps I should try something else, such as get a nice cup of coffee, anything really.

And right as I thought of that, I saw a small café, I remembered it had opened recently and I actually hadn't gone inside yet.

... It can't hurt, right...?” I muttered to myself as I made my way over to the café after standing frozen for a few seconds, contemplating whether I should enter the place.

Stepping inside, I heard some sort of bell jingle, it seemed to gather some attention from whoever was in the back of the café, as I suddenly heard some stumbling.

I looked around to find that I was one of the few people there at the time, it wasn't that strange as it was rather early.

Looking around for a seat, I spotted a place near the window, I walked to it and sat down, looking out the window, seeing how sunny it was outside, I smiled a little, feeling myself calm down a bit.

Well, that was until it happened...

Good morning~ Would you like to place an order?” I heard a voice behind me, it sounded sweet, slightly high pitch, but also very warm somehow.

A little startled, I turned to look who the voice belonged to-

My heart nearly stopped when I saw a familiar girl, smiling brightly at me, I immediately felt my cheeks heat up and my heart beating wildly.

Uhm... I-I'll just... have some coffee I suppose...” I managed to utter, mentally kicking myself for stuttering, I knew I must've looked incredibly stupid right then, I lowered my head in shame.

Don't worry, I won't bite~ I'll get you that coffee. Don't run away in the meanwhile, okay~?” I heard the girl respond with a small giggle, I looked up at her, surprised at her friendly response, she simply smiled before turning around and walking away to get my order.

I sat frozen, wondering how on earth all these things could've happened in such a short time.

-End Flashback-

It was then that I had realized that the girl I had been worrying about actually worked in the same café I came to get my thoughts off of her.

Her name was Sunny, and she was a classmate of mine, the day before I had gone to the café for the first time was the first day she showed up at school, as a new student.

The moment she had walked into the classroom, I had found myself staring at her, unable to keep my mouth closed, which was rather embarrassing as she had pointed it out a minute later, asking me if I needed help closing it.

She was a very friendly girl, and of course the teacher just had to go ahead and put her next to me, making it impossible for me to focus on class that whole day, I tried to, really, but I always caught myself staring at her every 5 minutes or so.

This girl had thrown my world upside-down, and somehow I didn't even mind that much, besides that I had to spend my days trying not to make it too obvious to her.

It appeared she thought I was just shy, she was very kind to me and tried her very best to befriend me, I was very grateful for that as I would've probably hid as fast as possible if she hadn't done that.

But instead of staying a stranger to her and admiring her from afar, I got to be her friend and get to know her, though that didn't exactly help my feelings much, I only ended up liking her more every day.

Which is what led to going to the café every weekend, she worked there, as her parents owned the place, she was helping them as the café got popular very fast after they opened, they were low on workers and so Sunny helped them out.

Now as to why I was there... I wasn't great with dealing with my feelings, you see? I'm a nervous person when it comes to love and I somehow couldn't come up with a way to try and ask her out.

The stupid part was that I came to the café to try and talk to her outside of school, but I somehow always ended up either not seeing her that one day I had the courage to talk to her, or she would be there and I would be too scared to talk to her.

It had been months, and yet not once had she been my waitress since the first time I came there, I wasn't sure if I was glad about that or not-

“Hyomin? Hi! What brings you here? Came for your morning coffee?” A sweet voice suddenly interrupted me, I snapped my head in the direction of the source of the voice.

“S-Sunny! Uhm... Well...” I responded, somehow she managed to make me stutter again, I bit my bottom lip, once again feeling like an idiot.

“Hmm? … What's wrong? You seem stressed... Is something bothering you?” Sunny asked as she sat down next to me, making me gulp, she was so close I was wondering if she could hear my heart beating.

“Oh, well, I... Don't worry about it...” I muttered, mentally cursing at myself for chickening out yet again, but then-

“Hyomin... Don't lie to me. I know something's bothering you, and you're going to tell me what it is. Whether you like it or not. Look, my break is in 10 minutes. I'll bring you some coffee and after that we can talk, alright?” Sunny said, getting up and walking away to get my coffee before I could even respond.

And sure enough, she was back with a cup of coffee only a few minutes later, she watched me as I drank it, which made it very hard for me to drink slowly, I was trying to make the wait until we had to talk as long as possible.

I was too nervous, I was scared she was going to find out what was bothering me, and then leave me because I creeped her out or something like that.

“There we go! Come on, let's go somewhere nice and quiet.” Sunny said when I finally took my last sip of the coffee, she grabbed my hand and stood up, pulling me along, out of the café.

“... Where are we going?” I asked, a little confused as to where she was taking me, she turned around and showed me a light smile.

“Oh, we're just going to the park. Sheesh, Hyomin, calm down, it's not like I'm going to bite you~” Sunny said as she giggled lightly, I laughed along nervously.

We walked for a minute or so until we reached the park, it must've looked nice and peaceful to her, but I could hardly find any peace in anything at the time, as my heart was beating wildly in my chest, reminding me I had no idea what to tell her.

“Ahh... There we go... So, what's bothering you?” Sunny said when we found a bench to sit on, she sat down and patted the bench, telling me to sit down.

“Sunny, I don't want to bother you-” I started as I sat down, but Sunny put her finger on my lips, she frowned a little at my response.

“Now now Hyomin. What did I tell you about keeping things from me? You shouldn't do it. Your problems matter to me. So please, tell me what's bothering you...” Sunny said, a serious expression on her face.

I opened my mouth to answer, but instead froze, unsure of what to do and too nervous to even start to think of a proper response.

We stayed like that for a little while until Sunny slowly raised an eyebrow at me before poking my side, as if checking if I was still alive.

“Earth to Hyomin... Are you still in there?” She said as she poked the side of my head gently, I finally closed my mouth and lowered my gaze, feeling ashamed that I was just too scared to say anything.

“... Hyomin, don't be like that. Please, you're worrying me...” Sunny said as she put her hand on my cheek, gently lifting my head so I would have to look at her.

“... You're really pretty.” I muttered when our gazes met, it was very random, I didn't even know why I said that, it seemed like my nervousness finally got to me and made me go crazy.

“Huh-? Thank you...?” Sunny's eyes had widened, she seemed confused and surprised, our gazes stayed locked until she lowered her head a little.

“I don't know what that has to do with your problem, but, thank you, I guess...” She muttered, I couldn't see her eyes anymore, she was staring at the ground it seemed.

“Everything.”

“What-?”

“It has everything to do with my problem.” I said, staring at her as she lifted her gaze and gave me a confused look.

“How could that have anything to do with your problem-?” She said after a small silence appeared between us, but I suddenly spoke again, unable to stop myself.

“You're really pretty, really sweet and I wish I could tell you-...” I suddenly froze in the middle of my sentence, Sunny looked at me, I couldn't see what she was thinking, her expression was unreadable for me.

“... I wish I could tell you all of that... and what I feel for you... without scaring you away...” I forced myself to go on, even though I immediately regretted it, I lowered my head and closed my eyes.

I'm sorry I couldn't keep my mouth shut...

“... What you... feel for me...?” A soft reply came, it sounded a little shaky, something I definitely wouldn't have associated with the Sunny I knew, and so I lifted my head to look at her, confused as to what was going on.

All I could tell was that she was shocked, but that only scared me more, I bit my lip again, before taking a deep breath, deciding it was then or never.

“I think you're the most amazing person I ever met. You're so kind, and really pretty, and sweet, you went out of your way to try and befriend someone like me. I didn't deserve that effort and neither do I deserve to be around you, especially with these feelings...” I said, letting my thoughts out to her.

“... I really... really like you, Sunny... I'm sorry...” I lowered my head when I was done speaking, I didn't want to see whatever disgusted or scared look she would have on her face after what I told her.

“... Why are you sorry?”

“Huh?”

I looked up, finding her smiling at me lightly, something about her seemed a bit weird, but before I could figure out what it was, she suddenly leaned towards me, grabbing the front of my shirt and pulling me towards her until...

Ours lips met, she kissed me, and I had no idea what to do, it stunned me, left me frozen, until I felt her grip on my shirt loosen and she pulled back, a scared look on her face.

“I'm... sorry, did I misunderstand? Maybe I shouldn't have done that, oh gosh... Hyomin-” She spoke, for the first time I saw a timid Sunny, for once she was the one that was scared, not me, it seemed so strange, but when I saw her eyes watering, I knew what I had to do.

“Sunny.” I said, interrupting her, she froze, for just a second we sat frozen, until I leaned over and pressed my lips against hers.

It didn't take long before I felt her grab hold of my shirt again, and, her kissing me back, my heart was beating wildly, but in a good way this time.

“... I'm sorry I scared you... You didn't misunderstand, really.” I said after I pulled away, she smiled at me and pecked my cheek softly.

“Don't you dare do that to me again... I really thought I made a terrible mistake.” She said, giggling lightly, I smiled apologetically.

“I'm sorry... I was just really shocked... I didn't think you'd feel the same...” I responded, before I felt her tapping my nose lightly.

“Hey, what are you doing thinking that? Have you even realized how cute you are when you act all shy...? It's adorable...” She said, I felt my cheeks heat up again, and of course she giggled at that.

“Aww, right on cue!” Sunny cheered as she pecked my cheek again before pulling me into a hug, I couldn't help but smile.

“I'm not that cute... you're way cuter.” I replied, Sunny pouted playfully as she pushed me away a little, confusing me a little.

“Oh no, you're cute. I'm not.” Sunny replied as she puffed her cheeks, I smiled and shook my head before I kissed her lips shortly.

“Come on, just admit you're cute already...” I muttered, making Sunny giggle lightly before she smirked as if she had just thought of something.

“Fine. I'll admit I'm cute. But... I'll only do that if you agree to be my girlfriend.” She said as she grinned at me.

“... Fine. It's a deal.” I giggled as I played along, smiling at her, I earned a sincere smile from her, before she leaned over and kissed my lips again.



-The End-