018

Dance with Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

6 years later

It had been another exhausting day filled with non-stop schedules, from interviews to dry rehearsals for music shows.  Just as Jieun sunk back down into her car seat, her manager said, “There’s one more schedule for the day.”

“I thought we were finished for today.”  Jieun said, not surprised at this turn of events.  Plans were always changing in order to accommodate any late minute changes from the broadcasting companies.  Jieun had grown from a nobody who was booed at during her debut stage to a well-respected solo singer with many successful albums under her belt. She was nicknamed the ‘nation’s little sister’. 

“You know your special stage for Music Bank’s end of year concert.  The artists you’re doing the collaboration with is only available on certain days so the first planning meeting has been moved several times already.  I know you’re tired, Jieun but we don’t have much choice.”

“Who am I collaborating with?”

Her manager only smiled though with his usual ‘you’ll find out soon enough’ expression on his face.

Their first stop was to the KBS broadcasting building, to meet with the main PD of the Music Bank who was explaining the concept of the stage with her in one of the meeting rooms.

“I’m looking forward to working with you IU,” he said with a bright smile.  “I’ve made some arrangements with a chorographer and director to put together the stage for you.  Today, you will go through the main outline and the go through the song with your partners.  I’m thinking of a Romeo and Juliet type concept.  I’m certain you will love working with this artist.”

“Who am I working with?”  She asked for the second time today. 

It was at this time there was a knock on the door. 

“That must be them.  I’ll introduce them to you.”  He said excitedly and turned towards the door, “Come in.”

The first one to come through the door was a very familiar face she hadn’t seen in person for a very long time.  The moment their eyes met, he ran up to her for a hug.

“Hi Jieun!”  Sehun said as he hugged her very excitedly, not paying any attention to the surprised looks around the room. 

“You guys know each other?”  The PD asked curiously. 

“We’re good friends.”  Sehun asked proudly.

That was when Joonmyun pulled Sehun back from Jieun and bowed politely at her.  “Sorry about that IU.  Sehun still need to learn his manners.”

And one by one the Exo members entered the room and greeted the PD and Jieun politely.  The last one to enter was the one she was dreading and looking forward the most.

Jongin. 

He had entered with a slight smile on his face; his hair clean cut and gelled back.   He was handsome, no longer than the young teenager with cute boyish smile instead now he looked much more charismatic and mature.

It seemed like just yesterday, both of them were spending day and night in their sweats, practising their butts off.  It’s not much different now, just they also got to be dolled up and got to wear fancy outfits.

She wondered what he thought of her now.  Jieun wondered if he believed all the rumours about her, the good and bad ones.

“Nice to meet you, IU-sunbaenim,” Jongin said, bowing to Jieun.  So this was the angle Jongin wanted to take?  Pretend that they had never met before?  This made Jieun relieved yet disappointed.

Jieun had debuted a few years ahead of him and in that sense that made her his senior.  It was the first time Jieun had seen Jongin in person since he debuted.  She knew she would run into him sooner o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter