f i n

Walk Me Home

She was used to doing things alone. Ever since she entered high school, she refused to allow her mother to acompany her home or to school. She knows it sounds stupid, but she felt childish and humiliated to let her schoolmates witness it. It's been years since she came to school and went home, all alone. She enjoys it, at the same time despise it. She didn't like being over-crowded, and she didn't like being shunned from the world -- a feeling she felt all the time. Still, she walks herself home each day, with no one to talk to and no one to bother her.

She doesn't remember when did he appear. Exactly two years ago, she remember his teasing on her. She hated it. She hated him. Of all the classmates, why did he have to chose her? She had so painstakenly forced herself out of their sight, knowing that they would only hurt her more each day from their name-callings. So why, the two of them never crossed path - heck, she didn't even know she exists in her class previously - did he have to choose her of everyone else to tease?

Few weeks earlier, a friend of her's who heard the story told her the most absurb theory about the whole constant teasing. "You know, a guy only teases the girl he likes," she said. She had merely scoff off, "Don't be ridiculous." That was the last thing that she would believe. After all, her friend didn't understand the situation. But maybe she herself didn't understand the situation any better.

She watches as he walks besides her like it was the most natural thing, ignoring all the cat-callings that were climbing up her nerves. She didn't speak to him, she never did, neither did he. Ever since all that teasing, she found herself unable to look at him straight in the eye without blushing. For what reason she didn't know, but she didn't like how her cheeks would tinge pink everytime she looks at him. There were many times they had eye contact. She didn't know why, but he seems to be staring at her as well. And what she hated the most was the unexpected and unwanted crush she had for him years after.

Oh well, as much as a jerk he is, he is quite the intelligent math genius in class. Blessed with charming looks, it's no wonder she found herself under his spell reluctantly. She looks at him from the corner of her eyes, because as much as she doesn't look like it, she couldn't entirely avoid him without wishing for him to look at her. He didn't. He simply walked alongside with her without a word. Blushing, she walks without stealing another glance at him (which to say, she failed quite miserably).

The next time he walked her home was on a rainy day. She watches him approach with a slight raised brow. She was quite sure that he would already be at home. Why was he still in school, almost as if he was waiting for her? He continues to walks her home, and she continues to allow him. Neither of them had umbrellas, not that it mattered to her. She didn't mind being soaking wet. Quite the contrary, she loves the rain. She enjoys how the rain-water falls on her and flows across her skin. It made her skin crawl, in a wonderful way.

It was then her light brown eyes found his black ones. For the first time, in such close proximity. And really, you couldn't blame her for blushing. She never had guys so up close to her before, she could basically feel the heat radiating from his body, and her blush only deepened. He stared at her like he never saw her before. His eyes trailed the rain drops that ran across her bare skin and drip to the already wet ground. His eyes trailed at her soaked uniform that was almost translucent and clinging onto her slim figure. She know, very well, that he would basically see her bra. Not only because he's so close, also because of the stupid white school uniform top that is basically see-through once in contact with water.

And black eyes found the light brown eyes again. That was all the things she could remember. Eyes are really beautiful things, the window to a person's soul. She realized she likes how his eyes sparkle, and she hates that realization. Because she only blushed harder, which she was sure it did nothing to help the situation. His usual untidy mess of a hair was soaking wet and clinging to his pale cheeks. She didn't realize until she tensed slightly from his warm touch as he tried to push her hair that was clinging onto her cheeks out of her face. The heat from his fingers was unnaturally hot against the chill from the rain and it's blowing wind. She shivered ever so slightly, and was sure he could feel it. His gaze never moved away from her's.

She barely registered the unfamiliar soft, warm lips that were pressed against her own. She didn't even realize it was a kiss until he pulled away a while later. She blinked, blank as she stared at the guy in front of her. His face as emotionless as ever while she was still in a daze. She didn't know what was happening to her, but she was quite sure she was shivering, very hard, at the moment. The kiss almost took her breath away, and she could only stare at the guy who stole her first kiss, unable to form any thoughts.

"Next time," his voice soft and gentle, "Kiss me back."

She blinked, barely nodding. And he walked her home as usual, under the pouring rain. It wasn't after her mother fussing over her and after her showers, as she huddled under the warmth and safety of her blanket did she fully realize what his action might have meant. As much as she tries to forget and ignores it, the image pops into her mind each time. And so she tossed and turn till the next day, not even aware of her untouched homework that were due that day and blinked, blushing as she imagine the kiss again.

It was her first kiss. She had been dreaming about her first kiss like any other girls. She'd like a kiss under the rain, a kiss by the beach, a kiss underwater and many other romantic ways. Unexpected as it had been, it was still her first kiss. Even though she didn't respond, it was still quite romantic. She touched her lips as she sat in front of her dressing table, getting ready. And she touched her lips again when she took one last look at the mirror. She still wonders if it was a dream.

The third time he walked her home, it was a cloudy day. At least the sun wasn't beating down on them. She wonders, not for the first time, why he was doing this. They never crossed path, and basically ignored each other all the time. So what made him do this? "A guy only teases the girl he likes," her friend's voice rang. She shook her head slightly, smiling slightly at her foolishness for even trying to believe what her friend said.

And not for the first time, their eyes met again. She still notices how his eyes trailed over her face and her body, absorbing every detail about her. This time, she wasn't clueless. She had an idea of what he wanted, and like the first time, she made no attempt to resist. That's when she felt his lips on her's for the second time. It was still soft, and much more experienced at such things that she was. She closed her eyes and felt herself kissing back.

"Why?" she asked breathlessly.

He kissed her again.

"Why are you doing this to me?"

He kissed her harder each time she broke apart. For the first time, she threw everything away. She stopped asking, knowing there would ne no answers, but flung her arms around him, his arms around her waist, and kissed him like there's no tomorrow. She never felt this desperate, this thrill and want. She kissed him just as hard as he kissed her. And she understood why a kiss was able to take someone's breath away. Because his kisses took her breath away - literally and figuratively.

Her blush never left. She didn't even realize he had walked her all the way to the stairs. Normally, he stops at the junction and watches her leave. She didn't understand, she didn't understand anything at all. What did everything mean? Mostly, what did that kiss mean? She asked no questions when she knew he answered none. But she was desperate for answers. She didn't look at him as she ran up the stairs, forgetting all about the elevator, but really, she couldn't wait at this current moment. Her parents were not at home. She almost drown herself while she showered until she dragged herself to her bed, hiding under her covers.

She didn't know why she was crying, but she simply felt like it was appropriate to do so. Ridiculous as it sounds, crying was the only way to soothe her current wild mix of emotions that she doesn't even understand why she was feeling so. Did those kisses meant nothing? He was experienced, of course, after all, he had dated before. But what else does a kiss mean? She was so inexperienced, so unfamiliar and painfully new to the whole 'love-dating' thing that it confused her more than it should. And she cried herself to sleep.

For weeks he stopped walking her home. She wonders if those kisses and the potential meanings behind them scared him just as much as they scared her. It was quite ridiculous, but she didn't stop to wait for him, to wonder if he would ever walk her home again. She was just trying everything she could to place as much distance between both of them as possible. She figured, if he was just toying with her, she'd make sure she won't show him how much it had hurt her. How simple it was to break her world apart.

Something within her still broke. It hurts so much it suffocates, and it bewilders her even more because she couldn't understand why it hurt. So, like always, she chose to ignore and forget. It still hurts, a lot.

She was used to walking home alone.

Nothing changed, she reminded herself. And nothing will ever change. Her daily routine returned to normal, like they never changed. She still walks to school alone and walks back home alone. She still laughs and plays with her friends. She'd tell them everything, but she somehow convenietly forgotten about the whole thing. It must be a dream, she told herself. A girl is allowed to dream, as far-fetched it may be.

Almost a month passed and neither of them crossed path, like always. She didn't simply ignore him this time, she practically avoided him like the plague. Her friends continued to times to times, she smiled weakly but made no defence. She kept his kisses a secret. She really wouldn't want to know how her friends would react. After all, it was just a game (not exactly fun to her though), and no one would think it would come true. Adding on, she really didn't want to know his reaction to how she felt. He tricked her once, she wasn't going to fall for the same trick again.

It was a rainy day. She always loved the rain. Not only because she enjoys the feeling of huddling under the blanket, but because it also represent her mood sometimes. It may sound impossible, but sometimes she believed she could control the rain (really, she watched too many anime fantasy dramas). Sometimes, she pleads in her mind for the rain to stay, for the storm to get wilder -- and it happens. And today, she didn't bring her umbrella, even though her mother warned her about the rain that would fall (when someone who had seen the world more than you ever will and rich with so many experiences, it's much wiser to listen to what they say...really).

She didn't really mind though. Sure, it was freezing, but she enjoyed the water droplets falling on her nevertheless. Her mind blocked of the cold that her body didn't managed to. She let her hair down the moment school ended. She never really like to tie her hair, it hurts and the tightness bothered her. So, for the second time in the month, she was soaked throughout. Her black hair clinging onto her cheeks and her clothes clung tightly onto her body.

That's when she felt another presence beside her. Her face didn't betray her surprised feeling within her as she turn to look at him. For a moment she didn't know if she was more angry or upset, she just felt that she wanted to cry. Seeing him again hurts so much, maybe that's why she was subconsciously avoiding him at all cost. She didn't want to be reminded of the painful memories. Quite stupid, really. Since they didn't meant that much, so why did she care? It should have hurt, it shouldn't have at all.

Reluctantly, she stares into his black orbs. As much as she didn't want to admit, she loves his gaze. She blinked when a drop of rain water almost fell into her eyes, it stung a little. She had a million questions she wanted to ask, but she found herself losing her voice and forgetting everything when he kissed her once more. Her eyes widened and this time she didn't bother about the water droplets that fell into her eyes, forgetting everything else apart from him and her, and the kiss.

She didn't know if she was crying, or maybe he was crying, or it could have been the rain. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. There was something warm to the drops of water dripping onto her cheeks. She wonder if he was the one crying, or maybe it was her, since she did felt herself sobbing, though lightly.

"Why me?" she questioned, breathlessly and sobbing lightly, "Why me?"

Her light brown orbs searching into his black ones, almost as if she was desperately trying to find an answer that never exist. And her breath was roughly took away once more as he kissed her again. His kisses, until now, had always been light and gentle. But current one was different, it didn't take her breath away, it knocked her breath away, it stole her breath, her soul, her will and everything about her away.

"Your friends really wasn't kidding," finally, he spoke with a light frown, "If you are determined to do something, you will."

She blinked, confused and not really able to understand what he was saying. Heck, she couldn't even form his words together. Her mind was still blank from the after-effect of the kiss.

"Wha-?"

"You were determined to avoid me, weren't you?" he raised an unamused brow.

She didn't know if she wanted to blush of push him away (hello, whose fault was that, exactly?), so she remain silent.

He really enjoys doing unexpected things, either that, or he really loves catching her by surprise. Not that she complained being kissed again, but shouldn't he explain what he meant by that, and what's with all these kissing? Really, in case he has not realized, they weren't a couple at all. She wanted to push him away, but found herself really weak. Damn him for being such a wonderful kisser.

(She tried not to think how many others he kissed before.)

"You can be quite an idiot sometimes," he commented dryly.

"Well, if you will forgive me for that," her voice suddenly cold as she lightly pushed him away.

He stared at her silently, causing her to squirm slightly from his intensive gaze. She found herself really unable to understand the guy standing in front of her. Sure, they had been classmates for the previous two years (although she basically had no knowlegde of his existance for the first year...oops), but they basically never crossed path. The only time she would look at him was after all those teasings. She found herself, sometimes, unable to look away. She was the lonely girl in class, her friends didn't understand how much she didn't like their attention for the spotlight. He was, on the other hand, the typical popular (idiot) smart alec in class. He didn't show it, but everyone knows he's basically a genius (especially in maths, coincidentally, her worst subject).

She would be lying if she said she never been attracted to him. He wasn't the best looking guy in school (there had been other crushes on other better looking seniors she met), but for some reason, when her class appeared at his matches to cheer him and his team on, her gaze always rested on him. She liked the way he looked when he was concentrating, always serious and sharp. Of course, not that she had to worry. Her school was famous for their undefeatable volleyball team. Instead, she would have been surprised if her school didn't win. Still, everyone cheered as loudly as possible (she wasn't part of them...she hid her face in her book).

She could hardly fathom what he was thinking (not that she tried).

"You are really an idiot sometimes," this time, he sounded more exasperate.

She pursed her lips, totally not understanding what he was saying, but due to her pride, she refused to ask. She knows her grades were only average, but hey, at least she ace in languages much better than he ever will! Who was he to call her an idiot (even though she quite, reluctantly, agrees)? He seems to have read her thoughts (was she an open-book? Geez..) and chuckled slightly.

He gently moved away her hair that was clinging onto her cheeks. She shivered as she felt his finger traced her nose downwards, before resting his finger on her soft lips. She didn't understand his intention, but she felt like she had the goosebumps from the slight warmth from his finger. His eyes never moved away from her's. She felt her breath hitched.

"Will you let me walk you home?"

She let a small smile grace her lips.

"You never had to ask," he kissed her again, "Walk me home."

 

 

~~~

A/N: This oneshot was initially written without any characters. I just felt that Changmin and Yoona fit this story more than anyone else, so I decided to use them as the main characters. However, I've decided not to add their names into the story because I think that it somehow doesn't fit. Like ruins the whole feel if I added names into it. I hope it won't be too confusing, because it'll still be Changyoon anyway. It's not very good, I know, but I hope it's not that bad either. Anyway, please do enjoy and tell me what you think about it ^^ And I'm really thankful to all the subscribers, I hope I didn't disappoint.