Hello, Love, Goodbye

Suddenly

With his luggage strolling smoothly behind him, this good-looking guy made his way through the vast airport. His angelic face doubtlessly stood out from those unfamiliar ones in the crowd. Each feature seems to be perfect.

Everything in him seems to be ideal – from those inexpressive brown orbs to his perfectly contoured nose down to his sinfully inviting lips. He simply caught everyone’s attention with his charm but he didn’t seem to mind them. Not even a bit.

He appeared to be lost in his own business as he held out a worried expression in his face. But he still is dashing nonetheless. He had been looking around the place, like he was searching for a familiar face in the groups of people. Apparently, he found none though. And so he fished out his cellphone from his pocket and dialed a number from his list.

“James? I’ve arrived at the airport. Where are you, guys?” He asked as his eyes continued to wander. The accent was there as he talked.

“We’re here on Starbucks right now since the wants to have some of coffee.” A masculine voice with an Aussie accent spoke from the other line. “We’re gonna wait for you here. Is that okay?”

 “Okay.” He answered as he involuntarily chuckled upon hearing the “” word. He, above all, knows who the person under that name is – Ann Li, his cousin’s best friend since grade school. “I’ll be there in few minutes. Wait for me.” Then he hung up. He then continued walking as he made his way to the said coffee shop.

-

Soon enough, after minutes of searching, he found the particular shop he was looking for. However, when he was about to enter, he accidentally bumped against a girl. Due to the large impact, the girl almost lost her balance. In spite of this, luckily, the striking stud was able to take hold of her waist for her to avoid landing down the cold floor badly.

“Ah…” The girl automatically muttered. That was then that the guy had the chance to look at her face.

“Beautiful.” That was the first word that entered his mind. She is indeed beautiful, he thought as he unconsciously stared at the girl. She has this porcelain skin that appears to be glowing. Her nose is not perfect but he likes it that way. Her lips that were naturally pinkish didn’t fail to entice him as well. Lastly, will he fail to notice those rounded brown orbs that he likes best? They were like hypnotizing him – fascinating. She is so good to be true and he caught himself thinking that maybe, she was just dream. But he was wrong.

Suddenly, a fake cough was heard. It’s the same cough that snapped him out from his reverie.

“I’m okay now, Mister.” Her melodic voice rang inside his ears as she smiled amiably, her eyes twinkling. It was his first time to witness that kind of smile, he thought. Sweet and breath-taking as he defines it.

 “You can put me down now.” The girl said awkwardly as she kept her gaze away from him.

“Ah, Sorry…” He then gently let go of her and scratched his head. A crimson hue crept to his cheeks without him knowing.

“It’s okay.” She smiled once more and he felt his heart skipped a beat. And then it hammered furiously against his chest. There’s nothing he could do aside from gulping that invisible lump in his throat hardly. Her presence is capable of shutting his mouth up. He found himself contented with just looking at her, smiling. Somehow, he caught himself smiling as well. It was infectious, he thought.

“Hmn? By the way, I have to go. See you when I see you. Bye.” She waved her hands slightly and left him, speechless.

When the girl was out of sight already, a dashing guy abruptly came out from the portal. Behind him was a shorter girl.

“So where is he now? He said he’ll be here in few minutes, right?” The girl asked as they looked around, searching.

“Hey Ivan, is that you?” The guy asked as he was holding a cup of coffee.

It was then that the guy turned his head to their direction with his smile still hanging on his lips. “James, Ann.” He uttered, almost unbelievingly.

“Hey Ivan, are you alright? And were you looking at someone before we came in? You look like an idiot with that smile.” It was Ann Li’s turn to ask. James silently laughed upon hearing her remark.

“Ah, yeah. I’m alright. Ah, I just bumped against someone who’s really, really pretty, I must say.” He explained as the scene earlier replayed inside his mind once more.

“Really? Did you get her number? You should have at least introduced me to her.” His cousin, James, commented. He earned a punch from Ann Li, his best friend, because of that statement. This couple-to-be is just so childish sometimes. No, scratch that. Always.

“How can I when I didn’t even get the chance to introduce myself?” Ivan pointed out as he shook his head disappointingly.

James then stated with a hint of sarcasm. “You really are slow, bro. I pity you.”

“It’s fine. Besides, I don’t think that we’ll meet each other again.” Ivan replied. There were traces of sadness and regret in his voice.

“You should have but you didn’t get her number, you idiot.”

“James. Shut up, you only make him regret it.” Ann Li butted in as she threw killer glares to James. “Ivan, don’t you want some drink?”

“No, thanks. I’ll just have a drink when we reach home.”

James snatched Ivan’s luggage from him and trailed off. “Okay. Come on. Mom and dad are waiting for us.”