Saying I Love You [ONESHOT]

Saying I Love You [ONESHOT]

Dara's POV

I lost count the many times Jiyong, my cute schoolmate, told me the words "I love you" when he was courting me. He said those words so often that I had taken them for granted.

Now that I was his girlfriend, not once did I hear those words again. I needed to hear those three little words. I waited for months but he never said them again.

I couldn't stand it. I thought he didn't love me anymore. I broke up with him.

I could see that this was unexpected for him. I saw that he was hurt, but I was angry that I didn't care what he felt.

"There's a reason, but it's up to you to find out," I said when he asked me why we were breaking up. "A vital part of our relationship is missing and your ignorance about it only proves how little you care for my feelings!"

I walked away then, and our relationship officially ended.

Taeyang became my next boyfriend. He was very romantic and obviously loved me more than Jiyong did. He always sent me sweet words through text messages, and never forgot to say, "I love you." I don't think I could count the times he said those words. The more he said it, the sweeter they sounded, as if they were coming from heaven.

Having someone say, "I love you" was different from "I care for you" or "I like you"; saying those three little words meant much more than words could ever describe.

But I found out that Taeyang wasn't sincere. Even though he often said "I love you," he didn't seem to show that he meant them. He'd break promises, tell lies, and be late for our dates.

I saw later that he didn't love me at all.

I found out by accident that I wasn't his only girlfriend. In fact, i was the latest of his for conquests, all of which he was dating at the same time.

I was sick in bed with fever the next day. I sent Taeyang a text message that I never wanted to see him again and that I might kill him, if he ever showed his face again to me. He never replied, obviously he knew I had discovered his other "loves."

As I lay in bed, I remembered Jiyong. I remembered how much I hurt him because of my selfishness and narrowed mindedness.

When I was well again, I visited Jiyong and explained to him my past actions.

"I'm sorry for everything," I said. "I called it quits because you never again told me you loved me after we became steady. I understand now. You're a man of few words and action is your specialty.

"I'm really sorry. You're the one I truly love. Can you forgive me? Will you take me back?"

"Of course I will. Why shouldn't I when I love you so much?" he said as he lovingly embraced me.

His last words echoed again and again in my mind. And coming from him, I'm sure he meant them.

 

THE END...

_______________________________________________________________________________