Completely Different

Completely Different

You rang the doorbell, and were greeted by the open arms of your best friend.

"Oh my gosh, I've missed you so much! You're finally back!" she gushed, squeezing you tightly.

"Can't... breathe!" you gasped, strangled by her arms.

"Oh, sorry," she laughed. "I'm glad you could come, this was really good timing."

She was having a get-together, and you had just so happened to be back in Busan. You had moved away years ago, because your father was offered a better job in Seoul. You had kept in touch with your best friend, and finally you were back, and there to stay.

You recognized a few people, and made small talk, catching up on the major events you had missed in the past few years. It wasn't all too interesting, but then he came in. The doorbell rang, and you looked over to see who it was when your friend opened the door. He was handsome, and you had absolutely no idea who he was. You had to find out.

You scurried over to your friend, who was still closing the door.

"Who is that?" you asked, eager to know the answer.

"The guy that just came in? That's Kyung Soo, remember him? He goes by D.O. now," your friend replied.

"Well, time has certainly done him good," you said, looking him up and down casually.

"Stop that!" your friend slapped your arm. "You look really creepy."

"I'm awkward, it's what I do," you said happily. And with that, you walked over and tapped his shoulder. He turned around, and looked at you.

"Hi D.O. You're hot," you said.

"Thank you," he smiled, not seeming the least bit creeped out by you.

You walked back to your friend, whose eyes were wide with wide open.

"You'll catch a fly in your mouth," you teased, pushing her chin up so closed.

"You're really something, you know that? What happened to the quiet girl from when we were kids?" she asked.

"Someone turned up her volume," you replied.

~~~

After forty-five minutes of catching up on absolutely everything, your friend quickly stood up. She had said something you couldn't hear, but you walked with her anyways. She turned around and looked at you funny.

"What are you doing? He won't tell me if you're there!" she laughed.

"What are you talking about?" you asked, still not knowing what she was doing.

"I'm going to ask D.O. what he thinks of you," she said, turning to walk away.

You caught her by her shoulder.

"How about you don't do that?" you asked, meaning it to be more of a command.

She walked off anyways. You trudged back to the couch and sighed.

"This girl," you shook your head.

Suddenly, she came running towards you, and plopped down on to the couch next to you.

Panting, she said, "He thinks you're cute."