The Shadow

Megalomania.

The bell signalling class rang and Suzy shut her locker and walked to class with Fei trailing somewhere behind. The corridor was slowly emptying of students but Min stayed near the opposite end watching Suzy. She quickly reminded herself that somehow the throne had to be hers again. How, oh how did she lose it to that pest Bae Suji? No matter, in no time this school will be like before. Just like a shadow, I'll creep up on her and snatch her crown. She's made this school corrupt. It was much better with me. Everyone is so scared of her. Someone has to stand up to her and I'm going to be that leader. Min adjusted her bag on her back and dragged her feet towards the first class. Suddenly she felt a gust of wind sweep past her with an added dash of panting. 

"Oh! Minyoung-ah! Why aren't you at class yet?" Jia breathed heavily. She had clearly been running.

Oh my gosh, it's that extremely friendly girl again Min thought to herself. "Hi Jia-ssi. I was just... thinking."

Jia's eyebrows knitted in confusion. "Ah... okay Minyoung-ah. Omo! I'm late! Bye Minyoung-ah! See you later!" Jia flashed a smile at Min and quickly shuffled to class.

That girl is really peculiar Min thought. She looked at her watch and made her way to class. Before she arrived she knew that if the teacher caught her late she would receive some sort of punishment. She crouched at the doorframe of her classroom and waited for the teacher to be completely distracted on writing on the chalkboard before she ran to her seat. Once she sat down, Min quickly took out her pencilcase and books and laid them out on the table. Before she knew it, she heard a voice from the back of the class.

"Seonsaengnim, Minyoung just arrived to class now. We all know that's against the rules of this school."

Min could recognise that voice from anywhere. It had only shouted her name one few thousand times. Damn Suzy! I totally forgot she was in my class this morning! Ottoke? Min pretended to be completely absorbed in her work, writing the boardwork down. 

Miss Song turned around to see Min doing her work quietly. She knew Min to be a well behaved student and well, Suzy was the opposite. She looked over to Suzy who was smirking. "Suji-ah. Where are your manners?"

"Seonsaengnim, I'm serious, Minyoung-SSI here just arrived late." Suzy made sure to emphasise the ssi.

Miss Song sighed. "Okay Suji-ah. Minyoung-ah, did you just arrive now?"

Crap. I'm screwed. Ottoke?! Just act innocent. Min slowly raised her head and looked widely at the teacher. "Aniyo seonsaengnim. I arrived with the rest of the class." Min attempted at looking earnest. Hopefully she'll believe me.

"Seonsaengnim, Minyoung-ssi is telling the truth. She walked in with me." Hyosung said. She smiled reassuringly at Min.

Min didn't have to think hard to know why Hyosung was siding with her. Every girl hated Suzy and were sympathetic to Min who got overthrown by her. But Suzy slammed her palm onto the table scoffing.

"Seonsaengnim, they're obviously lying! She just walked in!" Suzy yelled standing up.

"Bae Suji-ya, where are your manners?! That's it. Twenty minutes detention for you after school." Miss Song was clearly unimpressed by her behaviour. Suzy opened in protest but Miss Song silenced her, "And that's final Suji. Speak another word and that will earn you another twenty minutes." 

Suzy sat down with a huff and rolled her eyes in disgust. As if I'm going to attend that detention, she thought. If only Fei was here to back me up. Too bad she has Sport Medicine this morning Suzy thought to herself as there stared outside the window.

Min smiled to herself. Min 1, Suzy 0. Once I get to 10, I'll have my rightful place back as queenka.

Suddenly the door burst open and the whole class looked to the door. It's probably another late student Min thought.

"Seonsaengnim! I'm very sorry for being late, I'll make sure that it won't happen again!" The student bowed politely at 90 degrees. 

Miss Song momentarily stopped writing on the board and sighed. "Okay twenty minutes for you after school with Bae Suji-ah. You two will clean this classroom. Please take your seat." Miss Song continued to write on the board.

The student bowed again and took to their seat.

Ugh. Suzy thought. Good thing I'm skipping detention.