You're Not Stupid

Stupid

 

Sungmin sat on the sofa, watching TV but his mind wasn’t really on the screen, but rather on a certain person, his brother: Hyukjae. It wasn’t really past their curfew time, 10.30, but it was pretty late for Sungmin. Moments later, a click on the door was heard and Sungmin sat right up, anticipating to welcome back his brother only to face Hyukjae’s irritated face. “Is everything alright?” Hyukjae turned and answered with a tired smile, “Yes.” Sungmin was not convinced. “You don’t look that way.”

Hyukjae sighed, closing his eyes and rubbing his temples, “Look. I’m really stressed out and tired. Can you not bother me now, please?” Sungmin opened his mouth to ask whether Hyukjae has eaten or not but Hyukjae cut him, “I don’t feel like eating tonight. Good night.” Hyukjae closed the door to their shared room while Sungmin sighed sadly. ‘He never skips his meaks.’

 

Sungmin tried to sleep that night, but to no avail the storm that had started minutes ago brought him back to reality. Sungmin whimpered, tossing and turning around his bed, triggering Hyukjae’s annoyance. “Quit moving. The bed’s creaking.” Hyukjae practically growled out below him. Sungmin frozed. “Sorry,” He meeped out. Hyukjae didn’t answer back. ‘Stupid,’ Sungmin mentally hit himself, I should’ve just went right back to sleep. Tears seeped out of his eyes and he quickly rubbed it off.

 

Rumble

Sungmin pulled his covers, hiding his whole face so he couldn’t hear anything. The rain was clashing on to his windows pretty hard, people may think it were rocks rather than rain. Ignore, ignore… Go to sleep. You’ll never be a grown up if you keep being scared of the storm, stupid.

 

Flash

Sungmin squeezed himself to the wall, waiting for the sound of the thunder to come make him shriek like a girl, make Hyukjae shout at him for being a coward.

 

Bang (a/n: sorry for the stupid sound effects ^_^)

Sungmin jumped up, praying God blessings for not making him shriek or make a sound to wake Hyukjae up. “I need a drink,” he whispered to himself, climbing down the wooden stairs that connected to Hyukjae’s bed below him.

Hyukjae, on the other side, regretted snapping at his brother. He didn’t mean to, heck, the bed above him hardly made any sound at all. He was just having a bad day, getting bad marks from the perfectionist jerk in Math class, finding out his crush a.k.a best friend likes his brother. He knew Sungmin knew nothing about this, his brother was always supporting him, taking care of him since their parents were too busy about work to even care about their family anymore. Their parents weren’t even home at this time yet, it’s like they hardly exist anymore. “I’m sorry.” Hyukjae whispered before dozing off to sleep.

A crack was heard fifteen minutes later, Stupid,  Sungmin thought, How can you miss the last step of stairs?! Sungmin held his ankle which the ladder fell on, and he was pretty sure it was blue and sprained by now. Sungmin hissed, massaging his ankle lightly, secretly hoping Hyukjae won’t be awake by the small accident that happened, but he was wrong. “Min?” Hyukjae spoke, sitting up from his bed, observing Sungmin sitting on the floor. “I’m okay, Hyuk. Go to sleep.” Sungmin got up from the floor, careful not to put too much pressure on his left leg. Hyukjae glanced suspiciously at how Sungmin was walking. Limping, actually. Sungmin reached for the bar handle when he accidently tripped on the chair, sending him to the floor, again. Just as he was almost in contact with the floor, Hyukjae bolted from his bed to catch his brother just in time. “Min!” Sungmin opened his eyes, facing Hyukjae’s worried one. “Are you okay?” Sungmin bit his lips and looked down, nodding a little. Stupid. “I’m sorry.” Hyukjae stared stupidly at his own brother. He carried Sungmin bride-style and put him on his bed, turning on the side lamp while taking out his first aid kit he usually brought when playing soccer with Junsu. “This may hurt a little.” Hyukjae massaged Sungmin’s ankle lightly, noticing Sungmin winced and stopped for a moment. “Sorry.”

After Sungmin’s ankle was wrapped with an ace wrap, Hyukjae looked up to Sungmin. “What happened?” Sungmin bit his lip. “I was getting a glass of water.” Hyukjae smiled and got up, retrieving with a glass of water. “Thanks,” Sungmin mumbled, gulping down the water. Sungmin hopped down Hyukjae’s bed but stopped when Hyukjae asked, “Where are you going?” Sungmin looked back and answered obliviously, “My bed?” Hyukjae narrowed his eyes. “No, not with you leg like that. Sleep with me tonight.”

Sungmin tensed and hesitantly got into Hyukjae’s bed, facing the other wall. Hyukjae snuggled to Sungmin and hugged him from the back. “I’m sorry,” Sungmin whispered. “What for?”.“For making you mad.” Sungmin looked stressed. Hyukjae wrapped his arms around his brother’s waist, regretting what he did earlier. “I wasn’t mad. I was just having a bad day.” Sungmin looked up to stare at Hyukjae’s eyes. Hyukjae stared back and noticed a tear making it’s way down Sungmin’s cheek. Panicking, he quickly leaned forward, kissing Sungmin’s tears trailing down his cheeks, also surprising both of them. Sungmin buried his head into Hyukjae’s chest blushing, not aware that the other is doing the same. Hyukjae finally broke the silence. “Let’s go to sleep.” The two of them flopped down on bed, still in the same postion as before, tighter than ever. Sungmin’s eyes were drooping, closing slowly. Just before he hit dreamland, he heard a soft voice. “I’m sorry.” He smiled and snuggled closer to his brother.

The storm stopped a long time ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UUUURRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Finally!!! I hope you liked this!!

Thank you for my subbies:

-Alvin-a33

-loveforever0224

-Juno441991

-Uinnie

-thecutiesgurlz

-bonchan

I love you~