Destination unknown, yet [ONE SHOT]

Destination unknown, yet

 

She walked around aimlessly along the streets, thinking of her next move.

“I’ve just screwed up my interview,” she said solemnly to herself. “What now?”

Staring into space, she realized she has nowhere else to go. She needed the internship for her to get a scholarship. It seems rather impossible now.

With heavy footsteps, she dragged herself home.

Click.

The door opened even before she held out her key.

He was looking right straight into her eyes.

“I’ve heard about it, you know you can always tell me anything, “he said to her gently.

Tears were falling by themselves when he said that. She didn’t plan for him to know especially when both of them held high hopes for it.

Pulling her into his embrace, he caressed her hair and comforted her.

“There’ll always be another chance.”

She looked up at him with tear-stained eyes.

“Don’t cry anymore, if anything happens, I’ll always be there for you” He smiled and wiped off her tears.

I’ll be there for you – this line echoed in her head.

Just then, the phone rang.

It was from the company. She switched to the loudspeaker mode so he could hear it.

“Hello Miss, we would like to congratulate you for becoming part of our company… It is… “