chapter 3

Starting over

After standing awkwardly for several seconds, Sungmin pulled me into the dorm while one of the other members brought my suitcase in. Once I walked in, I stared at the room ahead of me. Surprisingly, it was really clean. It didn’t even look like six guys were living here. Realizing there were others behind me, I quickly took off my shoes and placed them in a corner before following Sungmin in. Once I was in, I gaped at the scene before me. The room was completely clean! It didn’t look at all like there were a bunch of guys living here. Well this is unexpected.. I thought as I followed Sungmin to wherever he was going. I could hear the other members start to talk amongst each other while I followed Sungmin down a hallway, until he suddenly turned around, “This is going to be your room, Mi. You can unpack later, okay?” he said, smiling brightly.

I gave a small smile and said, “Kamsahamnida, Sungmin ssi. Umm…but why can’t I unpack now?”

He looked at me with a slight pout, “Call me oppa, okay?”

I blinked at him. He wants me to call him oppa? But we just met…And if I call him oppa, then do I call the other members oppa as well?....... Well it can’t hurt, I guess. “N-ne, oppa,” I said quietly, feeling my face grow hot from embarrassment.

Sungmin beamed and ruffled my hair saying, “Omo, you’re so cute! And you have to unpack later because now we’re going to introduce you to the other members and show you around!”

I nodded. When Sungmin turned to leave, I looked at the room I would be staying in. The room looked pretty big and had a bed on the opposite side, a nightstand, and a dresser on the left. I smiled at the room and thought I can’t believe Jungsu oppa actually did this for me! I need to find a way to thank him later… it has to be something that will make him really really really happy!! I turned towards the living room and quickly walked back to the living room where I saw the other members sitting on the floor talking. I walked in as quietly as I could, but Zhoumi noticed me and waved me over, so I walked over to him and seated myself between him and Sungmin.

“Okay, Since you are an E.L.F., I guess that you know a lot about us right?”Eunhyuk asked and I nodded, “Well we don’t know anything about you, so tell us about yourself.”

“Uh..well, I don’t really know what to say…so why don’t you guys just ask me what you want to know,” I suggested hopefully.

“Okay, I’ll go first! How old are you?” Eunhyuk asked.

“17.”

Zhoumi then asked, “When is your birthday?”

“January 20.”

“Do you have any siblings?”

I nodded, “An older brother.”

“Can you speak any other language?”

I nodded again, “I’m fluent in English and basic in Mandarin and Japanese.”

“Do you like sports?”

“Ne, but mostly soccer and dance.”

“Who is your favorite Super Junior member?”

“Uh…I like all of Super Junior…but I guess my favorite would either be Zhoumi, Yesung, or Sungmin,” I said, looking at the members. Sungmin, Yesung, and Zhoumi looked pleased, but the other members looked disappointed. “But I really like all of you, so it’s really hard to choose,” I finished with a smile.

“What’s your favorite Super Junior song?”

“Either ‘Sorry Sorry’ or ‘No Other.’”

“Do you like any other Kpop groups?”

I nodded, “I like Shinee, Big Bang, F(x), and MBLAQ….umm…can I meet the other members soon?”

“Yeah, they’re just upstairs. Let’s go now,” Eunhyuk said, standing up. Once the other members started heading for the door, I stood up and followed Zhoumi out of the dorm.

“So how do you like it so far?” Zhoumi asked as we walked up the stairs.

I looked at him and blinked, “What do you mean? Like what so far?”

“I mean the idea of living here. Do you like it so far?”

I nodded, “It’s pretty cool. I mean I can’t believe I got to meet you guys. Some E.L.F.’s would murder me if they ever found out.” I shuddered at the thought and Zhoumi laughed. The two of us walked up the remaining steps in silence until we reached the other members dorm. “Are all the other members in there?”

“They should be. It’s almost time for dinner,” I heard Zhoumi say before Eunhyuk opened the door.