01

You Know How We Do

Alani sighed as she looked out the window of the plane. It was a rather dull sight really. One could only look at the sky for so long before becoming bored of it. Her earbuds in her ears played the latest mixtape from Jay Park. It as definitely different than what she was used to hearing from him, however she found that she didn't mind it at all, in fact she rather liked it.

Someone poked her, and she jumped a bit, looking around with wide eyes until she saw the flight attendant looking at her with a slight smile. "Ah, miss, can I get you anything?" She asked, with that fake cheer that flight attendants always had. 

"Um...You got coffee?" The mixed girl asked, running a hand through her hair with a slight sigh, and a tired smile. The attendant nodded, and went up the aisle, taking orders from the rest of the people around her. She sighed a bit and leaned back in her seat, looking out her window again at the sun set, making a mental note to herself to remember to make earlier flights from now on. She always got tired around this time of the day for some reason. Her coffee was brought to her, and she took it greatly, ducking her head a bit in thanks out of habit. 

"Attention all passengers, we'll be landing in Seoul shortly, at this time, please finish up any drinks, use the restroom if you need to, and fasten your seat belts. thank you for flying Korean Air, and we hope you enjoyed your flight."

*********
Getting off of the plane, Alani looked around in wonder. Everything was so big, not that she wasn't used to big. But this was more of a foriegn type of big. "Wahhhh." She breathed out, a slight grin blooming on her face. She remembered that she had luggage, and couldn't just stand around looking like a tourist forever. Shaking her head, Alani made her way to the luggage retrieval, then out to the exit of the airport.

It was a chaotic scene indeed, cars fighting for a temporary parking space to pick up a loved one, buses picking up passengers, cheauffers holding up signs for their designated pick ups. She looked at the signs, wondering if one of them was for her. Upon finding that alas, none of these drivers were meant for her, she frowned a bit, wondering how she was supposed to be getting where she was going. She pulled out her phone, and checked the email again. Indeed, DOK2 had said that somebody would be sent to come and pick her up.

"Excuse me." A voice said from behind her. Alani jumped, and spun around on her heel, only to be facing Jay Park himself. She stared at him with wide eyes, not believing who she was actually looking at. Though He had sunglasses on, and a hood up, it was definitely him. "You Alani?"

"U-Uh yeah...How'd you know it was me?" She asked curiously, looking around at the people surrounding her. 

Jay just chuckled and leaned in a bit, speaking to her with a charming smile. "Well, no offense. But you're the only black girl in the crowd..." His smile bloomed into a full out grin. "And the prettiest girl in the crowd as well."

"Awe...Shut up. You're making me blush." She said with a slight smirk as she playfully shoved his arm. 

"Yeah yeah." Jay said with a smirk as he held out a hand for her luggage. She handed it over to him and he held out his other hand for her to take, which she did readily. "Come on, I'll take you to the car." He turned, and started to make his way away from the crowd, and down the street. "Hope you don't mind walking for a little bit. I was not about to sit here and fight with twenty people over one damn parking spot."

"Oh, nah. I do the same thing, it's all good." She said, waving her free hand dismissively. He chuckled a bit, and released her hand when they were free of the sea of people around them. She looked around, taking in the scenery. It wasn't so different from the towns around airports in California. The only difference was the signs in Hangul. "Oppa, why did you guys want to sign me anyways?" She asked, finally voicing the thoughts she'd had since she'd first recieved that email three weeks ago.

"Ah...That...I think that DOK2 would be better at explaining that than I would. But I think he signed you because your beats and your lyrics are ing sick as hell. Better than any of the chicks out here. I think he wanted to show people that girls are actually able to rap instead of just speaking fast."

She nodded a bit, then chuckled a bit. "So I'm just a political statement?"

"No I didn't mean it like that." He said as he sighed, scratching his head.

"I was kidding." She said as she nudged his arm playfully. "Hey, is that the car?" She asked, nodding to a black sports car. He nodded, and opened the door for her before going to put the luggage in the back seat.

Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.


Yeap. First chapter. Is it lame?