Chapter 5

Promise

“Honey, you alright? You don’t look so good.” She heard him ask as they were walking through the big sliding doors.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just nervous that’s all.” She lied. The truth was that she was scared, she was sick to her stomach thinking that within 20 hours she would be back at a place that she didn’t want to go back ever again.

“It’s alright, my parent’s won’t bite. I know that they will love you as much as I do.” He took her hand and walked up to the check-in counter.

As he was busy taking to the airline agent, many memories came back through her mind one by one like a book flipping its pages.

*Flashback*

“Guigui, this will be the park that we will meet at whether it’s for the good or for the bad, because no matter I will always be here for you. You will be the only girl that I will ever love.” He told her.

“Then what if it is you that hurt me?” She asked as they were sitting at the top of the slides looking up that the starry sky.

“I, Aaron Yan promise to you Guigui that I will never hurt you in my entire life or else I will lose the most important thing to me. And also I promise that no matter what happens I love you forever and ever and ever.” He shouted out to the sky.

*End of Flashback*

“Guigui, we better get into the gate now. If not we wouldn’t make it in time for our flight.” She quickly snapped out of her dreamy mode and followed him to the gate.

Once they got onto the plane Guigui’s heart started beating faster and faster as she knew that she was another step closer to going back to the place that she left with a scar.

“Aren’t you excited that you finally get to go back? It’s been five years, since you left. Do you think that there will be change to the Taipei?” She wasn’t paying attention to a single word that Wangzi was saying to her. All she was thinking about was him and their memories together.

*Flashback*

They were sitting in the same spot again on top of the slides looking at the sky but this time, there were no stars because of the clouds.

“There are no stars tonight.” She pouted as she rested her head on his shoulders.

“Yes, there is. I’m looking at one right now.” He smiled as he looked at her.

“Where? I don’t see any.” She was trying hard to find one.

“You’re the brightest star that any guy would want. Not a single star in the sky could replace you, cause you shine my way through your heart.” He whispered into her ears.

All she could do was smile at his gushing sweet comment.

*End of Flashback*

“Babe, wake up. The plane is going to land soon.” Guigui quickly looked out of the plane seeing the brownish green land of Taiwan, their home.

But this also means that she was another step closer to walk through the deep cut that was never healed. Her heart started aching at the thought of facing the things she hope would not appear again including him.