The Fourth Fire

Adventures of Detective Gongchannie

 

On the way to WM Street, everyone was nervous on what’s going happen. Sergeant Hyung Jun’s on the driver’s seat, and on the passenger’s seat was Hoya and while DI (A/N: Detective Inspector) Jungmin & Gongchan were on the backseat. Gongchan was explaining for the nth time to Jungmin about the arson order.

“Why still can you not get it inspector?” Gongchan asked irritably.

“It’s DETECTIVE Inspector” Jungmin corrected Gongchan.

“Ok, whatever. Look here” Gongchan showed Jungmin the sketch he and Hoya made before they went to the conference room.

 

 

"What kind of sketch is that?! HAHAHA" a horselaugh echoed in the car "It's like a child's drawing" DI Jungmin was about to laugh again, but then Gongchan shot him a deathly glare. He then composed himself. "I'm sorry about that. Do continue"

Gongchan just rolled his eyes and pointed at the picture. "As we can see, the first fire started in Angel Street, then in Bana Street, then in Cube Street, right?" Gongchan asked.

"Yes, it's true, but PLEASE will you just explain to me why, it's not DBSK? D is the letter after C, not W"

"Hyungnim, do you think, the arsonist will just reveal his 'list' that easily? I heard you already suspected the SWAG gang to be behind all this. And I heard they're not JUST ordinary criminals, they're shrewd criminals, so we should expect some hidden meaning behind the sequence of the fires, right?" Gongchan explained as he pointed to each of the streets mentioned.

"So, you're saying is?"

"I'm saying that, they didn't based the sequence in alphabetical order, but in numerical order"

"You mean the block and lot numbers have to do with this?"

"Yes, and it doesn't just end there because we have to do Mathematics. We need to a—"

"What's with Mathematics?"

This time, Hoya gave DI Jungmin a glare. "DETECTIVE INSPECTOR, let him continue first, ok?" DI Jungmin winced, and then asked Gongchan to continue his explanation. The younger one thanked Hoya and then he took out a pen and paper and wrote:

Niel – Block 1, Lot 1, Angel Street                   

Shinwoo – Block 2, Lot 1, Bana Street            

Dongwoon – Block 2, Lot 2, Cube Street        

Jaejoong – Block 1, Lot 1, DBSK Street           

“These are the address of the people involved in this case” he started explaining. “As you can see, there seems a pattern when we sum up the block and lot numbers. The first one, of course, the answer is 2 and the next one is 3 and the last one is 4. We can clearly see that Dr. Jaejoong’s address doesn’t fit in the sequence”

“Ah, now I understand! So, the next target is the one whose sum is 5, right? By the way,” Jungmin pointed the colored blocks in the drawing. “What’s the meaning of these colored blocks?”  

“The color symbolizes the different blocks of each street. Like for example, the red blocks are the block 1, the yellow ones are the block 2 and so on”

“How about these?” Jungmin pointed at the colored lavender and purple blocks.

“They are apartment buildi—Aww!“ Gongchan, along with the others in the car were surprised at the sudden break of Hyung Jun.

“ 에구머니나! (T/N: Oh My!) Hoya exclaimed.

Yah! KIM HYUNG JUN! Watch it! I’m not gonna tolerate your—Oh my goodness, oh my soul!” Jungmin gaped.

“We’re TOO LATE!” Hyung Jun slammed his hands on the steering wheel.                                                                             

“Damn!” Gongchan cursed under his breath as he saw the fire coming from the targeted house.

“SOMEONE … PLEASE HELP ME!!!”

 


so guys... how's the fic so far? hehe

Stay tuned for updates ... Please do comment, subscribe, and vote for my story, ne? ^^

I'm sure the Inspirits out there remember Hoya's catchphrase, right? :D

[gif not mine :) ]