The Cold Meeting

7th

 

 

 

“I think he deserves more than me.” “He doesn’t worth to get anything. You’re better than him” “But, we’re different. He’s your ...... ” “Don’t ever you change your mind. It’s my final decision. And I don’t accept no as an answer.” “Yes, dad.” “As I said to you, can you keep it?” “Yes, sir.”
 
To all passenger, the flight to South Korea will depart in 15 minutes.
 
“let’s go.”
 

 

[No One's POV]
 
clack. clack. clack. “. Boring channel.”
 
A plane crashed Friday into a cliff on ansan mountain in Gangwon Province. This sudden incident involved 2 pilot and 45 passengers for a flight from California to Seoul. The snow storm last night made it surrounded by fog since this morning. Forty victims were found killed under the plane’s ruins. The rescue teams are still searching for the rest. Ahn ri reports at the scene.
 
“In this town? Weirdo.”
 
Eli turned off the TV and grabbed his jacket. This morning was really cold as could freeze whole of him. A white smoke showed how bad it was whenever he breathed. He locked the door and ran a little to reach his car. That hospital would be busy with this incident. He wondered when the last time they become like this. It would be crowded, like a party in hell. Everybody would run and run, that’s what he would see today. It’s better than saw them just stood like nothing happened, saying everything would be alright many times. “Liar”
 
Fortunately, the street was quiet, as he expected. He drove in a high speed, making fifteen minutes to be his new record beating his last one in twenty minutes. The road was just perfect since the snow made it slippery. He stepped on the gas for performing a drift and making his final move to park the car. The skill he got since he’d been in college was going better though he rare practiced.
 
Eli had taken a deep breath, inhaling the winter breeze through his throat before he met the hospital’s air. For no reason, Eli hated every little thing about hospital. He hated the air. He hated the strong smell. He hated the high building. He hated the silent room. He hated everyone’s smile. He hated fake smile.
 
Once Eli stepped, he already knew that no congeniality between them, two different things in the same dimension. But whatever, it’s where he worked. Maybe he’s just eerie.
 
“Not late? How surprising!” a tall guy suddenly appeared behind him as he patted his back.
 
“Shut up!” Eli turned his head to face him.
 
 “He doesn’t have to wait again. You’re such a bad boy.” 
 
“I’m going to meet him now. So, were they already here?”
 
“The victims? Nope. You seem happy. Psy-cho-tic” 
 
“Whatever. I’ll see you later, Soohyun.”
 
The tall with all of white apparels was the head nurse. Some people wondered how he got his position in such a young age moreover he’s a man. He’s moved here before Eli started to work. However this town was quiet, not many people lived here. No wonder if some nurses or doctors were brought from the central town, like Seoul or Busan.
 
Eli took the lift right in front of the waiting room. He’s looking at the ceiling while he remembered the room’s number. 403. It’s 403. He walked step by step, looking at each numbers in front of the doors. It’s not like his first time to visit him. But, his brain seemed to forget it every time he remembered this. Finally, his eyes found the number in front of one door.
 
“Hey, dongho!” Eli approached the cute boy on the bed and smiled widely.
 
“Eli, you’re not late?” Dongho furrowed his eyebrows in surprise.
 
“Why are you being like that, as if I never be on time” He pulled the curtains back to let the light entered this room.
 
“So, do you bring cakes? The foods are disgusting here.” Dongho asked and pouted at the same time.
 
“I bring some chocolates. Don’t let Soohyun know, ok?”
 
The younger grabbed them and ate without even said words. He giggled, making happiness radiated  from his cute face. As he tried smiling, as his heart tried crying. However, he couldn’t accept the fake on him. Suddenly, he stopped eating, bowing his head, looking blankly at nowhere.
 
“When can I go home?” The question just made Eli stiff in sorrow.
 
“I promised I’ll take you out of here soon. Can you wait for me?” He murmured.
 
He kissed on top of Dongho’s head, asserted everything would be better. He felt like lying to him, saying the uncertainty every time he met him, actually unsure about he said lie or not. He decided to go since the awkward moment started to growl, ending their short conversation whenever he lost every letters that he used to learn. He just didn’t know what the best thing he could say to him indeed he’s not really like talking to people especially strangers, knowing his selfishness got worse every second.
 
“I’m going now. I think I can’t see you in a couple time. Sorry for that.”
 
Eli went out of the room with guilty feeling fullfiled him. Suddenly the sound of siren reached and echoed inside the building. It didn’t bring something good as usual otherwise it took along the dread as spread all over the spine. Eli watched from the window that some people brought kind of big pouches. Nobody wanted to know what it was inside. They entered into the other side of the door, not wanting to make any disturbance. On his mind, Eli obviously declared no one survived from that incident.
 
 
*******
 
 
It’s just minutes before midnight. The wind blew unfriendly, smacking the inanimate things outside since there’s no existence of life in every corner of the road. This night the snow was going to create other layers on the ground surface, calling the warm out in the middle of the night, defying the absolute impossibilities. But knowing the storm begged him, somehow if it could find its soul, the coldness inside couldn’t refuse this attractive request.
 
Eli was still in his lab. He sometimes took overtime work for getting more money since he had to defray dongho’s treatment especially the dialysis which cost immeasurably. It’s dark outside the window, not showing any presence of stars in the starry sky, even moon didn’t radiate the stolen light of the sun.
 
Eli suddenly heard something outside the window. Even though it’s not heard like a howl for sure, but the voice could make shiver throughout his body. He looked outside as bushes swayed directly due to something unseen sinking into the dark, bothering him in factious way.
 
A shadow abruptly appeared, emerging unfamiliar creature which shaped resemble to human’s silhouette. Noticing the anomaly, Eli rubbed his eyes harshly, blinking them hard as the shadow faded away swallowed by the silence along with the midnight coming while the clock stopped sounding the last twang of the twelve.
 
Like a normal people, the nerves naturally disturbed him, strewing uncomfortable feeling. Eli decided to get some coffee, attempting to forget that scene since he thought he might be too tired for working late at night. He went to the hospital’s cafeteria and found Soohyun running along the hallway.
 
“You’re still here, Soohyun?” Eli asked plainly for expressing his hospitality, not for other purpose. “Did you see someone around here? A man?” he breathed heavily like he had run all over the building. “No. Why?” Eli kept his flat expression since he first met Soohyun in the hallway. “Help me searching him now! He tried to escape.” Sweats clung on his tired face.
 
“Who is he?”
 
“He’s the only survivor from the plane’s accident.”
 
Eli blinked his eyes, noticing something that made him relieved and surprised at the same time. 
 
“Someone’s survived? Wait…. Soohyun…. I think I saw someone outside.”
 
“What? . It will be a snow storm out. We must find him soon.”
 
Eli and Soohyun ran outside the building, wearing their jacket for keeping them warm as the snow started to fall. They decided to look at different ways, making thing easier though no place implied in their head where the guy lurked himself.
 
Keeping his hands into the pocket actually didn’t assist him from the flakes congealing his blood flows, penetrating thousand vessels under his flawless skin. Eli ran on the path, looking for someone who he’s unacquainted with, indeed intending not to recognize him further if they meet. His teeth started to grind as the wind blew strictly, bringing the snow blocked his vision field instead.
 
Eli went to the nearest park, wishing the guy was there. But, he saw no one there. Who the idiot stayed at the park on the snow. He couldn’t guess where he went, knowing that the guy was from abroad certainly made him scared if the guy was lost.
 
He kept seeking for a long time, finally finding the summit where one of his functional nerves concluded the zero possibility of his effort. In the meantime, he considered the idiot inside him. Apparently the storm came, fighting him in disproportioned position. He took a shelter under a small delicatessen’s canopy where the playground’s visibly across the road.
 
Eli casted a glance at a small figure beside him, an innocent girl stood next to him just in a light clothes, keeping her eyes on the playground without blinking them. Wait! What’s on earth it is! He intensely took another glanced at her, observing every angles of her for convincing himself about a hiding query on his mind.
 
The girl had a cast on one of her hand, wrapping her unknown wound instead bound around his silky neck. She wore a green clothes. Absolutely it’s the patient clothes from the hospital however that’s no doubt that she’s not a man.
 
He took his phone and called Soohyun. “I had already found. But, she’s a girl. Are you sure he’s a man?”. Eli asked without even knowing whether the call had been connected or not. “Ok. Whatever, I’ll bring her back.” He hung up the phone and paced to the girl, gripping her bare hand slowly, not wanting to surprise her.
 
“Are you alright?” Eli was shocked after he saw the girl was about to cry and her hand was deathly cold and almost frozen. They looked at each other for a while. Then Eli pulled off his jacket and put on her slender body. It made the coldness breeze flung his body more wildly, but he didn’t care.
 
“What are you doing here? Let’s go.” Eli was about to go, but the girl didn’t move even an inch. Actually, It didn’t matter for him whether the girl wanted to go or not. He could leave her if he wanted at that moment however he’s not a doctor who had to save people. But his heart forced him not, maybe there’s something about her. He didn’t even know.
 
“Your hand was really cold.” Eli released his grip on her then rubbed both of his hand strongly for a while, placing them on her hand instead holding her soft hand felt like an iceberg in a different way. He looked at the girl looking to the playground, noticing that her lips parted, moving as if she’s going to talk, making a voiceless sound, offering him to decipher what she said. It’s seemed like I-W-A-N-T-T-O-P-L-A-Y.
 
Then Eli blew her hand many times as if it could make her warm. He never treated someone like that before. But his heart, his mind, his eyes, even his body couldn’t agreed with him, controlling him in odd ways, instead his hand couldn’t release his grip from her for the second time. Somehow, he thought he’s just in a good mood.
 
“Is it better now? The storm is getting harder. We rather take refuge than go back. Is it ok?”
 
The girl didn’t answer, making Eli noticed something about her.
 
“Your leg couldn’t move, right?’ He squatted and turned his head, letting her climbed for a piggy back.
 
But the girl remained silent as if she’s truly dumb from that accident, making Eli forced her as he placed her hand on his shoulder and lifted her leg with his muscular hand, seemed like a bridal style. Luckily, the girl didn’t refuse his sweet request.
 
Their body moved in sync as Eli ran,  searching a place for them since they’re too far from the hospital as there’s no vehicle outside. He ran to an alley and found a locked room. He kicked the door, entering the room which he used to come before.
 
Eli brought the girl to the sofa in the corner of the room gently, staring at her as examined every side of her, realizing she’s in a really bad condition, making his expression changed to a kind of nervous. He paced to the curtain, ripping it with bare hands indeed taking as much as blankets in the drawer, dull cloth on the floor, and other things he could find inside the room somehow everything that could make the girl warm. Then he took his phone again in panic.
 
“Soohyun, can you pick us?”
 
“ ……. ”
 
“Ok. Don’t worry about us.”
 
Eli stared at the girl once again. “I’m sorry. We’ll be here tonight.”
 
 
 

 

Here's the first chappie. Thanks for all subscribers that I can't call one by one and for the comments too. It makes me happy :D

Please keep suggesting and please tell your opinion!

Sorry for any mistakes. I hope you'll enjoy.

 
P.S : do you know who is the girl?