As endless as forever

Endless as Forever (One-Shot)

Blame my feels from David Archuleta's cover of Forevermore. It's beautiful. And I found out from my mom that my dad sung this for her at their wedding. I guess I can see where my being a hopeless romantic came from. XD

 

The second one-shot that's an excerpt from my upcoming chaptered fanfic. The first being "Second Best". It may not seem too connected, but the pieces will fall in to place once I begin posting the chaptered story itself. I hope you enjoy! 

 

Also, hello to my friend, Anica! More Infinite feels for you ;u; This was requested by an anon on my scenario blog and I found some way to connect it to the chaptered fic I'll be posting soon, so there!

 

 

“Hey,” Sunggyu greeted as he tried to shake her awake. “wake up, honey.”

 

She muttered something under her breath, and then she pushed Sunggyu’s hands that were prying her away from the warmth that was her bed. She sat up with the blanket snuggly wrapped around her, with her eyes half open.

 

“What is it?” she slurred as her hands rubbed at her eyes.

 

Sunggyu chuckled quietly. Adorable. “Get up.” he told her, ruffling her slightly messy hair. He rolled his eyes as she ignored him and laid back down. “Come on,” he pushed, patting her when she rolled onto her stomach. “Wake up!” he whined, pouting.

 

She peeked at him through a small opening in her blanket. “You’re too much of a grandpa to pout at me.” she pointed out, face scrunching up in disgust as he pushed his lower lip out even more, and she admitted defeat, sitting up, and allowing the blankets to fall back onto the bed.

 

“Fine, fine. You win. What is it anyway? You know better than to disturb my after-work naps.” she dragged herself out of her bed, standing up to freshen up in the bathroom.

 

“A nap shouldn’t last that long. It’s nearly seven in the evening.” he pointed out. “Dress up nicely. We’re going out for dinner at your favorite restaurant. My treat.” Sunggyu laughed as he saw her bump into the doorway to the bathroom.

 

“Quit sleepwalking! I may have reserved a table for us, but you need to hurry a bit!” he called as she nearly bumped into another wall.

 

She closed the door, muttering something along the lines of “nag” and “like my mom”.

 

*

 

“So,” she begun as the food arrived at their table. “what’s the occasion? You usually do things like this when there’s something – our anniversary was three months ago. Both of our birthdays are next month. Oh God, did you do something? Were you fired or something? Are you in—“

 

“Why do you always assume the worst?” Sunggyu interrupted, effectively stopping her presumptions. She raised an eyebrow. He sounded pretty defensive. “Nothing’s the m-matter,” he continued, cursing himself when he stuttered.

 

She laid her elbows on the table, lacing her fingers and resting her chin on top of her hands. “Really? Out with it, Sunggyu. You’re hiding something.”

 

He cleared his throat nervously. “Well...” at that moment, his phone vibrated in his pocket, and before his ringtone could sound, he opened the message.

 

From: The Namtroll

You can do it, hyung! We’re at the table behind you. Good luck!

 

He took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing heart. He could do this.

 

Sunggyu stood up from his seat, and she looked up at him, confused.

 

“Now, sir?” a nearby waiter asked, winking at Sunggyu, who smiled back and nodded.

 

A familiar instrumental began to play, and Sunggyu was handed a microphone, soft eyes gazing at her lovingly. He began to sing.

 

“There are times when I just want to look at your face

with the stars in the night

There are times when I just want to feel your embrace

in the cold night”

 

She gasped, a hand covering . It was her favorite song.

 

“I just can’t believe that you are mine now”

 

Sunggyu walked over to her side of the table, taking her free hand as he pulled her to her feet. All the while, he didn’t break eye contact.

 

“You were just a dream that I once knew

I never thought I would be right for you

I just can't compare you with anything in this world

You're all I need to be with forevermore”

 

His voice was smooth, strong, and filled with so much emotion. She squeezed his hand. He squeezed hers back.

 

“All those years, I long to hold you in my arms

I've been dreaming of you

Every night, I've been watching all the stars that fall down

Wishing you will be mine

I just can't believe that you are mine now”

 

Sunggyu’s friends came over from their table, each of them holding a large sheet of paper.

 

“Remember this?” Dongwoo asked, as he showed her the picture he held. “It’s a picture of Sunggyu tripping over a candy wrapper when he was approaching you to ask you out.” he smiled widely, trying to contain his laughter, remembering that particular incident.

 

It was cute, actually, and she wouldn’t have their first meeting any other way.

 

“You were just a dream that I once knew

I never thought I would be right for you”

 

Woohyun stepped up to her next, holding a picture of an ice skating rink. “This is where hyung took you to for your fifth date. He wanted to impress you by showing you his “skills”, but he accidentally pulled you with him. You sprained your ankle and he carried you most of the way home on his back.”

 

She bit back a smile. She didn’t really sprain her ankle back then, not that he needed to know that...

 

“I just can't compare you with anything in this world

You're all I need to be with forevermore”

 

Hoya was next, and he was holding a picture of one of her scarves, one that got lost a long time ago. “You left this at Sunggyu hyung’s place. He didn’t want to give it back because it smelled like you, or so he says. You can get mad at him later.”

 

It took a lot of her self control not to scoff and roll her eyes. So that’s where it went!

 

“Time and again

There are these changes that we cannot end

As sure as the time keeps going on and on”

 

Sungyeol held a picture of Banpo Bridge. It was a picture Sunggyu and her, kissing, with the lights of the beautiful rainbow fountain bridge in the background.

 

“Your first kiss.” he said with a cheeky smile. “Don’t ask how we got the picture; let’s just say we’re master stalkers. And this is when Sunggyu promised you forever.”

 

With Sunggyu singing, plus the trip down memory lane, tears unknowingly formed in her eyes. Everything was just so perfect.

 

“My love for you will be forevermore

I just can't believe that you are mine now”

 

“This is the picture you and hyung took when he first gave you your couple rings. That was on your first anniversary.” Myungsoo said, smiling brightly at her. “He promised to love you through everything. And he’s kept that promise so far.”

 

The tears flowed; a trail fell from her eyes, and down her cheeks. Sunggyu wiped her tears away, but she couldn’t tear her eyes away from the pictures the five of them held.

 

“You were just a dream that I once knew

I never thought I would be right for you

I just can't compare you with anything in this world”

 

Last to come up to her was Sungjong. An undecipherable expression was on his face.

 

“I’m glad you’re happy.” he showed her the card he held, a wistful look in his eyes. It wasn’t a picture; rather, a date. “May 14, 2011.” he told you, a small smile on his face. “Rose day. I don't know what happened to you on this day, because Sunggyu hyung wouldn’t tell me. But I can guess.”

 

Of course she knew. It was their first night together; when they entrusted all of themselves to each other. It was probably the most beautiful memory she had of them. The tears refused to cease. It was all too much.

 

As endless as forever

Our love will stay together

You are all I need to be with forevermore, forevermore

 

At this, Sungjong directed her gaze to Sunggyu, who was intently gazing at her as the song came to an end.

 

Before the last line of the song, Sunggyu got down on one knee, a ring box in his hand.

 

“You are all I need to be with forevermore.”

 

And when he asked the question, she crouched down and threw her arms around his neck, tears still flowing, and she murmured over and over again:

 

“Yes.”

 

***

 

I'm pretty happy with this one. A break from the angst I've been posting, eh? 

 

Thanks for reading! <3