Confessions from the Heart

Confessions from the Heart

002. Mikey
As we walked together to school again, I couldn't contain my laughter, and the sudden pounding in my chest. You could say it was love at first sight. I was never able to confess to Suzie because I was afraid to lose her friendship. Besides, being friends with her was better than nothing. But being able to see the love in her eyes for me was also better. Much, much better. As we were starting our second year at high school, it was getting harder and harder to resist this temptation to reach out for her and wrap her around my arms. I wonder what I'll ever do...


003. Suzie
I was fuming as usual. Why did he always have to tease me? Before, I wouldn't care if he made fun of my new hair style, crazy outfit, or expressions but somehow, this teasing hurt more than before. I didn't understand why. I guess my anger would die off sometime soon.


Day 2: 004. Mikey - Laugh it Off
The first day of school was over. I was more than glad to have Suzie in my class. We were in T.A., ready for the school announcements to begin. Suzie was late. Her mom had called to tell me that she would be driven to school so I had to walk alone. Her reasons were some orthodontist appointment. About three minutes later, Suzie walked in through the door. She bared her teeth out showing a set of lime green braces. And at this, I uncontrollably bursted out in a booming laughter. And just as quickly when she entered the classroom, she ran back out.


Day 2: 005. Suzie - Hurt Feelings
Truly, what was he thinking? I wondered as I ran down the hallway into the girls' washroom. Tears rolled down my cheeks, smudging the make up I tried so hard to apply this morning. All efforts were wasted. I knew that I looked funny with braces and I thought the make up would at least help. It was useless. Mikey definitely crossed the line. Did he know I was hurting? Before, I brushed it off so easily, his insults. Now, every little thing he says, even his teasing panged through my chest. I didn't know what to do because I think I could hear my T.A. teacher coming through the washroom door...


Day 3: 006. Mikey - Late Apologies
I was trying so hard to make it up for her. I didn't know what came through me. I felt so embarrassed and sympathetic when the teacher scolded me for my behaviour. Too bad detention wasn't enough of a punishment.
I paced around the front entrance restlessly. She should be out by now. I mean, what did she have? Some student council meeting? A club meeting? Besides, I was late for my karate practice...


Day 3: 007. Suzie - Ignorance
I was trying my best to avoid him at all costs. I couldn't speak to him. And even if I did, I would probably just hit him again. I absolutely didn't want to do that. I knew that he would be brainless enough to wait for me at my usual leave so I decided to use the back door. It was farther to walk but I didn't mind. Anything to avoid him. I turned the corner, looking in every direction. It was probably useless since he was probably on his way to the dojo now. But sitting on the fence near the entry way was Mikey. I bursted out his name by mistake. I should definitely think before I act.


Day 3: 007. Mikey - Irresistable
I perked my head up immediately and there was Suzie. She was standing at the corner of the building, covering with her hand. Her face was a bright red. I felt blushes come to my face also. Man was she so cute. But that wasn't important right now. I raced over to her immediately. She looked like she was about to run away. I grabbed her arm before she could take her leave.
"Where do you think you're going?" I asked, panting hard.
"Just leave me alone!" she shouted, tears streaming down her cheeks. It was unbearable to see her that way. Was I some kind of monster? And then I did something that would definitely or probably make her hurt even more... I kissed her.


Day 3: 008. Suzie - Confessions
What was he doing? I wanted to scream. Obviously I couldn't what with his lips being pressed to mine. The kiss probably only lasted in a few seconds but it seemed like it took much longer. My heart pounded erratically in my chest. It felt like it was about to burst. Some new foreign feeling enveloped me. What was this? My face flushed immediately but somehow... lingering in my heart lay a feeling that was undiscovered until just recently. Something that made me want to myself into his arms completely and willingly. And I did so. Without thinking. Again.
"I'm so sorry," he whispered into my ear.
"It's okay." I trembled in his arms.
What were we supposed to do now? Best friends and now lovers. I couldn't help but realize till now why his teasing and snide comments hurt so much. It was like being told that he didn't love me anymore. It was because, deep down, I really, really liked him.

Author's note: The end! It's really sappy isn't it? But that's how most teenagers are these days. Maybe I should post up my embarrassing song lyrics. But then again, maybe I shouldn't... And just so you know, I might be having an epilogue to this story. It might be a full length story! ;D But then again, school's coming up soon shortly. Who knows how much time I might have left...