Final

Fate

Do you believe in fate? Meeting a stranger for a second time unintentionally?

I looked at the people passing by me. Colours flashing by. Everyone seems to be in a rush going here and there. I sat at the bus stop like I had always done for the past few weeks. I saw many different kinds of people. Those who are stout, tall, skinny, big sized but I never thought that I would see anyone of them again.

The first time I noticed him was because of his striking height, bright red jeans and neon green shirt. Talk about being a fashion terrorist. His feet moved to the beat of the music blasting out of his headphones. I was enticed by him. Something about him seemed to attract me to him. His chiselled jaws and high cheekbones drew attention to his perfectly sculptured face. I could only look as he walked by me, another stranger in his on going life, another stanger in my stagnant life.

I took a scoop of my melting ice-cream. The summer season was at it’s peak. Even wearing shorts and a tank top was as though you were over-dressed. The sun glared down as though mocking us with it’s overpowering heat. I was at my usual hangout, the same bus stop I sat at everyday. I had no motive in life, no ambitions, no goals. I was like a wooden plank floating aimlessly in the vast ocean. There he was, walking at the same pace, dancing to the beat of the music. Peering from behind my sunglasses, I took note of his clothes. Yellow bermudas with a bright yellow v-neck. How… cheerful. I scoffed and returned to my comfortable position of leaning against the noticeboard. That was my second sighting.

As the weeks grew, I saw him more frequently. Each day he seemed to wear something even more ridiculous then the previous day. I actually looked forward in seeing his new outfit each day. Unknowingly, my heart had sent me on an adventure that I vowed never to go through a gain. An adventure of love. My heart seemed to be sent for a trip on a rollercoaster every time I saw him. I didn't know when it started but I started to fall for him. I left a lion's den just to enter a crocodile's mouth. 

2 months had passed since I first saw him. He suddenly stopped appearing. Each day I would stay for hours eyes peering through the crowds in hopes of seeing him. But I could only fall disappointed each time. I had fallen in love with a stranger... again. I knew what to expect. Yet, foolishly I continued with this pointless adventure. I stood up to go home. Disappointed that I had wasted yet another day, I decided that this was it. I was going to pull myself back together again. I was going to find a job and do what normal people would do. Not stalk strangers taht knew nothing about you. With a small sigh I turned from the bus stop and towards the subway station. Well this is goodbye then. Dear bus stop bench thank you for suffering this few months with me. I giggled as I thought about how long I actually spent sitting there. I gave a small laugh and took long strides to the subway. Just then a hand grabbed me. 

"Hey there missed me," whispered someone. My eyes bulged out as I spun around to see his identity. There, in front of me, stood the fashion terrorist which I stalked observed regularly.