I'm always going to love you

I'm Always Going To Love You

"Yoona I love you, will you marry me?" Siwon asked her, knelt down, as he put the ring on her finger. She covered shocked and some tears started rolling down her eyes

“I’m sorry, I can’t” she said and ran away

………………….

It was raining heavily that night in the city. People everywhere were trying to look for shelter but he was out there looking for her. He was completely soaked but he didn’t care, he just kept running.

He needed sometime to digest what had just happened. He proposed to the girl he loved and she ran away. He felt so stupid. He shouldn’t have rushed things like that. Now he felt like he was about to lose her.

He continued running even if the rain drops didn’t allow him to see clearly. He was out of breath when he arrived to the park where he and Yoona loved to hang out. He sat down feeling defeated and sighed.

“Where are you, Yoong?” he said and he suddenly heard someone sobbing. He immediately looked back and finally saw her. She was leaning against a tree and she was crying hardly. He approached to her worried and took off his jacket.

“I was worried about you!” he said and covered her with his jacket “You can get sick, you know?”

Yoona didn’t reply nor move. She just stayed there and continued sobbing. Siwon felt heart broken. Maybe the reason she rejected him was because she didn’t love him.

“I’m sorry if it was too fast” he said cupping her face “I understand if you don’t want to marry me but please don’t run away from me. I love you and I’m willing to wait all my life it that’s what you need”

“I’m sorry” she said between tears. He could see the sorrow in her eyes and he felt it was hopeless to continue fighting “Just forget about me”

“I can’t!” he yelled and now he had tears in his eyes too. “Don’t ask me that, please”

“Just let me go” he said holding his hands tightly. He could feel her pain but he didn’t understand why she was doing that. When Yoona let go of his hand, she ran away wiping her tears. Siwon stood there under the rain, shocked. He felt something on his hand and saw a shiny thing. Yoona had left the ring on his hand before leaving and that was the last time he saw her.

…………………………

2 years later

Siwon was sitting on the couch of his house staring at space. He slid his hand to his pocket and grabbed a little box. When he opened it, he saw the ring he had given her. He had kept it even after she rejected him. It had already been two years since that day but he still treasured that ring.

He sighed and closed the box.

“Seems like you still can’t get over her” his roommate and best friend told him when he saw him staring at ring

“Is not like that Donghae” Siwon said “I keep it to remind me not to screw up again”

“Just admit you still love her” he insisted

“I don’t” Siwon said in denial “I already moved on”

“If you had moved on you would have threw that ring away the moment she rejected you but you still have it after 2 years” Donghae said seriously and Siwon didn’t know what to say. His friend was right, he should have thrown that ring to the ocean a long time ago but he just couldn’t.

“Is it that you are still hoping she will come back?” he asked him and Siwon sighed

“No” he said “I just still can’t understand why she rejected me. I know she loved me like I loved her. I could see it in her eyes.”

“Maybe she was just afraid of commitment” Donghae said shrugging

“Maybe…” Siwon mumbled and put back the ring on his jacket “I’m going for walk”

He stood up from the couch and wore his jacket to go out. It was a really cold winter day just like the day he last saw Yoona.

Donghae was right, the only way to move on was to finally get rid of that ring and he was going to do it.

He walked to the bridge and on his way, he bumped into someone. She was holding some bags and she accidentally dropped them when they bumped into each other.

“I’m sorry” he said helping her pick up her things. When they both looked up to see each other, they were both shocked.

“Yoona?” he asked surprised and both stood up.

“Siwon…” she said shocked. They stared at each other without saying anything. Silence was starting to get a little bit uncomfortable.

“I thought… you left Seoul” he finally broke the silence

“I-I just came back” she said stuttering

“Yoona, is everything all right?” a male voice asked and Siwon was shocked. He turned around and saw a really handsome boy walking towards them. He felt his heart breaking into little pieces.

“I’m fine Yunho oppa” she said with a sad voice

“Hi” the guy named Yunho said to Siwon

“Hi, I’m Choi Siwon” he said shaking his hand.

“Nice to meet you” Yunho said with a smile “I’m Jung Yunho”

“Let’s go home oppa, I’m not feelling very well” Yoona told Yunho and he looked at her worried

“Ok” he said and put his hand on her shoulder to lead her to his car.

“Wait” Siwon said grabbing Yoona’s wrist. Her heart skipped faster as he turned to look at him.

“What?” she asked him coldly

“Is he your boyfriend?” Siwon asked sadly

“I am her…” Yunho was about to say something but Yoona cut him off

“Yes, he is my boyfriend!” she said and her words felt like daggers

“Let’s go” she said holding his arm

Siwon felt heatbroken once again. He felt so stupid thinking that there could still be hope for them. Now he knew that the reason why she rejected him, was Yunho.

Yoona and Yunho walked to their car and when Siwon was far away, she let go of his arm.

“Sorry for using you oppa” she said and he smiled

“It’s ok” he said and looked at her worried “Is he the one you told me about?”

“Yes, it’s him” Yoona said with sadness in her voice

“Why didn’t you tell him the truth?” he asked her worried

“I couldn’t tell him about my condition” she said and tears started falling down her eyes “I couldn’t 2 years ago and I cannot tell him now”

Yunho hugged her to comfort her.

“I respect you decision” he said “But it seems like he still loves you and I know you love him too. I just think he deserves to know from you”

“I’d rather let him hate me than having him pity me”

……………………

Siwon walked home and slammed the door after entering. He covered his face with his hands and sat down on the floor.

“Are you ok, Siwon oppa?” he heard the voice of a girl and looked at her direction. He smiled at her.

“I’m ok Jessie” he said. She was Jessica Jung, Donghae’s girlfriend and she was a really nice person. She would always give him advice when he needed it.

“Your face says another thing” she said

 “What happened to you man?” Donghae asked appearing from the kitchen and back hugging his girlfriend. Siwon sighed

“I just cannot lie you two” he said and the couple laughed “I saw Yoona again”

“What?” they both asked shocked

“Yes, I saw her again” he said punching the wall “And she was with another man.”

“I’m sorry to hear that” Donghae said patting his shoulder

“I know” he said looking down “I just feel so stupid”

Siwon felt sad and mad at the same time. He couldn’t believe he thought that Yoona ever loved him. He touched his pocket and felt that the box was still there. Again, he didn’t have the strength to throw that away.

When would he be able to forget about her? Probably never. He would always love her no matter what and that was hurting him.

……………………………

Days passed and they didn’t see each other. Yoona had been helping her sister Yuri on her arrangements for her wedding with her fiancé Yunho. That was keeping her busy and stopped her from thinking about Siwon and her heart disease.

She had been feeling better the past year but she still needed to get transplant. She sighed thinking about that.

She was feeling a little bit stressed so she decided to go out for a walk. As she was walking down the city, she arrived to a park. The park where they had said goodbye to each other.

She missed him a lot. In fact, she never stopped loving him but she just couldn’t tell him about her disease. It hurt her to push him away but she had no other choice. She didn’t want him to stick with her just because of her disease. And marrying him would make her a burden for him.

“What are you doing here?” a voice made her come back to her senses. She turned around and saw Siwon staring at her with cold eyes.

“I was just passing by” Yoona said without looking at him. She tried to walk away but he grabbed her wrist again.

“I need to talk to you” he said seriously

“I have nothing to talk to you about” she said coldly looking away

“I just want to know… why you rejected me” he said sounding really hurt “Is it because of Yunho?”

“It has nothing to do with him” she said seriously and Siwon sighed

“Then why?” he asked “Did you even love me?!”

“I never lied to you about my feelings Siwon!” she yelled to him. She was getting too stressed and started feeling a little bit sick but she didn’t pay attention to it “I did love you!”

“Then why did you pushed me away?!” he asked. He couldn’t understand.

Yoona started breathing with difficulty and sat down suddenly. Siwon looked at her shocked and immediately sat next to her.

“Yoong, are you ok?” he asked worried, forgetting about everything else

“I’m not feeling very well” she said holding her left arm in pain and suddenly fainted. Siwon was startled but luckily caught her in his arms.

“YOONA!” he yelled and tried to wake her up but he couldn’t. He carried her bridal style and took her to his car. He drove her to the hospital as soon as he could.

The doctors took her to the emergency room while he waited there. He was getting impatient and started walking around the place nervously.

“Please be fine” he said really worried

“Are you family of the patient?” a nurse came and asked him. He shook his head

“Just an old friend” saying that hurt him a lot but he couldn’t lie. “Is she ok?”

“We can only give information about her condition to her family” the nurse said apologetically “Sorry”

Siwon punched the wall in despair. He was feeling really guilty. He shouldn’t have yelled at her. If something happened to her it was going to be his fault.

He waited and some moments later, Yuri came running to the hospital along with Yunho. They both looked really worried.

“Siwon, what are you doing here?” Yuri asked surprised to see him

“I was with Yoona when she fainted” he said before glaring to Yunho

“Is there something about your girlfriend that I need to know?!” he asked a little bit pissed off

“Girlfriend?” Yuri asked confused

“Yes, Yoona!” he said mad and Yuri looked at Yunho confused

“What are you talking about?” Yuri asked “Yunho is my fiancé, not Yoona’s boyfriend”

“WHAT?” he asked shocked “She lied to me? Why?”

“I’m sorry we did” Yunho apologized and Siwon looked furious “But Yoona didn’t want to tell you the truth. It was for the best”

“Which truth?” he asked getting impatient. He couldn’t believe she had lied to him. And what truth were they talking about?

Yunho looked at Yuri and they both sighed.

“I think you deserve to know” Yuri said

“Yoona didn’t want to marry you because… she has a heart disease” Yunho said and Siwon was shocked. Why did Yoona didn’t tell him? Why didn’t she want him to know? He had some many questions but now he was more worried about her than that.

“She has a heart disease?” he asked and they nodded “I’m so stupid! If I had known I wouldn’t have yelled at her. It’s all my fault!”

“Calm down Siwon, it’s not your fault” Yuri said “Yoona didn’t want you to pity her that’s why she pushed you away”

“I don’t pity her” he said “I’m worried about her”

“We know” Yunho said “She just didn’t want to be treated differently because of her condition”

“I understand” Siwon said sadly

In that moment, they doctor appeared and they stopped talking. The three of them stood up and went to talk to him.

“How is she?” Siwon asked

“She is stable now but if we don’t make the heart transplant soon, I don’t know how longer would she be able to hold” the doctor said looking down. Yuri covered shocked and Yunho hugged her tightly. Siwon felt his knees weakening when he heard that. He was too shocked to do something.

“Have you already found a donor?” Yunho asked and the doctor shook his head

“Not yet but we won’t give up” the doctor said and Yuri started sobbing.

“Can we see her?” Siwon asked holding back his tears

“Sure but she isn’t awake yet” the doctor said. Yunho signaled Siwon to go in first since Yuri was too nervous to go. Siwon followed the doctor and entered to Yoona’s room. She was lying unconscious on her bed. Her skin was really pale but she looked at beautiful as she always did.

“Yoong” he said caressing her face “Please be strong. I won’t be able to bear losing you again”

Tears started to fall from his eyes as he continued talking. He held her hand tightly.

“I love you. Now I know why you pushed me away but I want to be with you. I’m not going to leave your side Yoong”

He took the ring from his pocket and slid it on her finger and then kissed her hand. Siwon closed his eyes and prayed for her. Moments later, Yoona slowly opened her eyes. She was surprised to see Siwon there. He smiled when he saw her and wiped his tears.

“Hey, you woke up” he said kissing her forehead and she blushed

“What are you doing here?” she asked him surprised

“I’m here to be with you” he said “I know everything about your condition and I want to be with you. Please don’t shut me out”

“Siwon…” she said avoiding his gaze “I didn’t want to be a burden to you, that’s why I rejected you”

“You would never be a burden to me” he said and kissed her hand again “I’m going to stay here with you even if you don’t want me to”

“Ok” she said defeated. She wanted to smile because he was with her again but she couldn’t.  “If they don’t find a donor soon…”

“Shh don’t think negative” Siwon cut her off before she could finish her sentence

“What’s this?” Yoona said noticing the ring she had in her hand. She was shocked to see the ring in her finger once again “You still have it?”

“Of course” he said smiling to her “I couldn’t get rid of it”

“Yoona, I am always going to love you” he said caressing her face and she smiled “Even if you don’t want me in you life.”

“I’m always going to love you too and I’m sorry for shutting you out, it was the right thing to do” she said touching his hand gently. He was happy because she had finally admitted that she loved him as well. “But I swear if I get out of here completely healthy, I’ll beg you for a second chance”

Siwon chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“You don’t have to beg for a second chance” he said “You just have to say yes to my proposal”

Yoona smiled sincerely after a long time. He sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her. Yoona rested her head on his chest and hugged him tightly. It felt so right to be in his arms again.

“I will” she said smiling and he kissed her lips.

They waited for weeks but neither of them lost hope. Miraculously, they could find a donor in time. Siwon stayed by her side all the time and Yoona didn’t push him away anymore.

When she had finally recovered, Siwon proposed to her again and she finally said yes. Now they could be finally happy together as they never stopped loving each other.

THE END