Something about the sunshine, baby ☀

Call Me Maybe? ☀

        Krystal laid underneath a quiet, shaded oak tree the frames of her Ray-Ban sunglasses hiding the dark cirles that remained underneath her eyes. She absorbed in the gentle summer breeze cooling her cheeks sighing, the playlist on her iPhone on shuffle. 

 

"Ahhh, finally some sleep after all those sweaty, hot nights without an A.C." Krystal murmured mentioning the air conditionner that decided to break the one summer the Jungs needed it the most.

 

Her eyes blissfully fluttered close, as she heard the rustling of grass beneath her bare toes. She concluded that it was probably a squirrel in search for an acorn and drifted off to 'dreamland.' Everything was utterly peaceful.

 

"JONGIIIN OPPPAAA! JONGGIIIIN OPPPPAAA!" A chorus of high-pitched voice girls hollered nearby.

 

Not. There was shuffling of grass crunching beneath the shoes of an unknown particular silently tiptoeing towards the rear of the tree. Definitely not a squirrel. Krystal rose into sitting position, her legs stretched out before her. The sight of a group of pre-teens in bright, floral dresses clutching neon covered cell-phones approached her beaming.

 

"Krystal-unnie have you seen Kim Jongin oppa?" A girls with sleek black hair asked curiously.

 

Krystal decided to ignore the tip of a vague skateboard peeking out of the corner of her eye behind the tree, assuming the person concealed was this certain Kim Jongin.

 

"I'm sorry I have no idea who the hell that is." Krystal replied bluntly.

 

"That's alright. But really? You don't know Jongin oppa? He's a really good looking oppa your age unnie! But thanks anyway!" Thus the girls began screcching out the boy's name once again in that very annoying tone.

 

Krystal fell back on her back, dozing back to sleep her eyelid obscured shut. "You can come out now. They're gone." Krystal declared loudly.

 

The boy emerged from behind the tree, his footsteps padding along the terrace. "T-they were..-chasing me-waving their..cellphones." Jongin explained panting out of breath collasping next to Krystal.

 

Krystal peeked one eye open to find a boy her age shirtless in light-washed ripped jeans and sneakers. Her eyes flicked over towards his hunched figure and lean, sweaty, muscled six-pack as her eyes bind sealed again sighing matter-of-factly. "And you're surprised..." 

 

"I'm sorry I just moved in and my parents refuse to buy an A.C. because they don't want to contribute to global warming. It's so friggin' hot at home." Jongin explained holding up his hands in the air in defense.

 

NIce to know, doesn't even explain why you're shirtless. Krystal thought scornfully. She didn't expect this pretty-boy to tell his whole life story. She just assumed she would save him from a bunch of obsessive pre-teens and be on his way adios.

 

"This is how I've always got around." Jongin nudged the toe of his sneaker upon his skateboard.

 

"Cool." Not intrested.

 

"What's your name?"

 

"Soojung." Please go away.

 

"Yeah, but I thought I heard those girls call you Krys-"

 

"Yeah, they call me that too." Leave me alone.

 

"I'm Jongin, but you can call me Kai."

 

"Nice to meet you Kai." Shut up now.

 

"Do you mind if I sleep here too? I haven't been getting much sleep either..-"

 

"Whatever." Krystal muttered giving up. Little did she known it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship..


 

After an hour or two of peaceful slumber Krystal awoke to the childish melody of the neighborhood ice cream truck passing by. She rose to her feet, slipping on her flip-flops and brushing off bits of grass off her jean shorts. Suddenly she caught sight of a body in a heap in the far side of the shade.

 

"Aissh! I can't just leave him here..knowing how crazy the girls in this neighborhood are...-someone may him. What would Jesus do?" Krystal contemplated acknowledging that Jesus would not leave a half- boy stranded for many creepy young or old females to witness. 

 

"Yah! Yah! Jongin, Kai..whatever your name is! Wake up! I want to go buy an ice cream!" Krystal demanded nudging the fast-asleep Kai with the tip of her flip-flop.

 

Kai stirred awake, rubbing his eyes sluggishly with the fists of his hands. "Ehh? Ice cream?" He muttered drowsily.

 

"Yes, ice cream," Krystal repeated frustrated watching the ice cream truck linger at the stop sign corner. "It's freakin' hot! Oh god! Put on a shirt will you?"

 

Kai obeyed Krystal's order, a little peeved on how y she was reacting as he pulled on a thin tank top from the back bulge of his jean pocket. "I thought you were y before because you were cranky, now I know this is how you must be." Kai remarked.

 

Krystal's jaw dropped stunned. He really had the guts to say that to her face when she just saved him on two occasions. Krystal her heel stomping over towards the ice cream truck. Seconds later the scratching of Kai's skateboard was overheard behind Krystal.

 

"What do you want now?" Krystal growled whipping her head back to find Kai escaping a mob of adoring girls wavering cell-phones in the air.

 

"WE JUST WANT YOUR NUMBER!" "-AND YOUR LOOOOVE!" They called after Kai.

 

"Psycho es! Holy mother fuc-" Krystal eyes widened almost cursing aloud.

 

"Hurry!" Kai urged, tucking the skateboard underneath his armpit dragging Krystal's wrist.

 

Krystal guided and dashed Kai over towards the pastel coloured ice cream truck, as the doors burst open revealing a thick, plump man in an apron encouraging that the two teenager pounce into the truck as he jumped out the back running up to the side of the driver's door quickly surging the key into the ignition and steering away leaving a cloud of fangirls sputtering dust out of their lungs.

 

Kai heaved in deep breaths gasping for air, pressed next to Krystal's-their bodies causing a clammy, sweaty feel as they made theirselves as small as possible their knees pressed to their chests in the tiny amount of space. The propelling of the ice-cream truck trailing across the road. Kai was relieved to escape that techerous scene. Now to figure out what to do next, since it's not very common that your transport of escape is an ice cream truck and you're stuck with a stunning, yet bitter girl. She may be bitter although she at least she was reliable.

 

"Hey Krystal, what do we do nex-yah! Where did you find that sandwich?" Kai questioned, watching Krystal munching on a ginormous sandwich filled with various meats and cheeses and a few greens.

 

"Shut up!" Krystal hissed chewing more quickly on the food in , taking more bigger mouthfuls.

 

"Soojung! Are you eating my lunch again?" The ice cream driver bellowed from the front seat.  The sight of his chubby, rosy cheeks in the front-view mirror raising an eyebrow appeared.

 

"Mwooo, Jan-ajusshi" Krystal replied, stuffed meaning to say 'no.'

 

"What's your name boy?"

 

"Jongin, ajusshi."

 

"Can you snatch that sandwich out of Soojung's hands, Jongin-ah and toss it to the front?"

 

"Gladly." Kai affirmed, swiping the gigantic sandwich out of Krystal's grasp, swinging back his arm and hurling it to the front as it sailed perfectly in Jan ajusshi's clutch.

 

"Thank you very much." Jan ajusshi conveyed happily chawing on the already half-eaten sandwich.

 

"No problem." Kai smirked at Krystal. Out of anger Krystal also mimcked his satisfaction exaggerately then lifted her middle finger squirming away from him as far as can narrowing her eyes at him. "How do you two know each other?"

 

"Well, Soojung used to have the same problem as you...when she was in what...hmm..ah yes middle school. Except with the males, of course. I helped her on most occasions." Jan ajusshi declared proudly.

 

"Tcch when he wasn't eating his ice cream supply or snacking at Mucho Burrito." Krystal retorted.

 

"Yah! That isn't true!" Jan ajusshi shouted. "I snacked on my ice cream supply and ate at Mucho Burrito..on my breaks." He added quietly.

 

"Pwhahahaha!" Kai laughed aloud. "Yah! Wait! You had the same problem Krystal? How did you get rid of it? You've gotta help me!" Kai conveyed wihipping his full attention to Krystal grabbing her shoulders shaking the life out of her.

 

"Yah! Chill out will you?" Krystal shoved Kai off her. "My assistance won't be free you know?"

 

"Aiish! I knew she would say something like that." Jan ajusshi muttered.

 

"What do you want?" Kai asked, desperately. He couldn't deal with girls after him for the whole summer, or the whole school year. He shivered at the thought of attending school with a bunch of them crazies drooling after him in class and a locker pouring of cute, girly love notes daily.

 

"Hmmmm.." Krystal debated her many different offers he could contribute to, tapping a finger on her chin.

 

"How about a year supply of burritos at Mucho Burrito?" Jan ajusshi claimed.

 

"Ahh! Good idea ajusshi! I think the employees are catching onto our expired coupons." 

 

"Burritos? Okaay..So let's shake on it and call it a deal." Kai proclaimed, bringing his hand forward.

 

Krystal locked eyes with Kai an undeniable stern expression on their faces, as they clasped hands giving one another a firm squeeze. It was hard to tell if either were trustworthy or not.

 

"Now that that's settled rule number one you can't be charming." Krystal declared.

 

"Charming?" Kai repeated.

 

"Yeah, Soojung's right. Girls loooove charming guys, ever heard of Prince Charming?" Jan ajusshi joked, the ice cream truck suddenly came to an abrupt stop.  "Okay, guys you're gonna have to sneak out-I saw some kids running after us in the rearview mirror. I'll give you the signal when to go."

 

"We can help you serve ice cream ajusshi." Kai offered.

 

"Thanks but no thanks I can barely serve customers by myself," Jan ajusshi stated gesturing his round appearance. "You can come find me in an hour or so or I'll come find you and drop you off at two at home. Alright?"

 

The two teenagers nodded and heard the scampering of shoes sprinting along the pavement nearby concluding that it was the group of children as Kai got on the balls of his heels ready to bolt out the back of the truck. Jan ajusshi turned towards them giving the 'ok' sign as Kai quietly opened the doors. Kai swung back his head for a second catching Krystal juggling a whole stack of 'Oreo's' cartwheels in her arms.

 

"Krystal. We have to go." Kai gritted under his teeth, yanking onto her wrist as she struggled to balance with the pile in her arms. 

 

"Let go bastard!" Krystal ordered.

 

"No, you're too slow." Kai implied. "You're slowing us down."

 

Kai lead Krystal across the road to a nearby park, as Krystal strived to break out of his grasp almost sending her tower of ice cream snacks onto the street mounting a sidewalk ledge. He settled onto a wooden bench and yanked Krystal down forcing her to plop next to him. She hastily checked if her frozen desserts were intact and not damaged, as Kai sneakily snatched one package from her pile that she had gathered in between themselves. Krystal started snacking on the cookie Oreo sandwiches until she noticed a significant amount had gone missing. The last one appeared to be in Kai's grasp.

 

"Don't you dare."

 

"See if I care." Kai tore off the wrapping, nonchantly bringing the cookie sandwich to his mouth, taking in a huge chomp, chewing extra slowly making the most pleasurable, most scrumptious sounds.

 

"Mmmmm that was so good." He leaned in closely to Krystal smirking, his lips.

 

"Whatever, you're still buying me a whole suply of burri-AHA got it!" Krystal cried out swiping the Oreo dessert out of Kai's clutches taking in a huge bite.

 

Before Krystal could lean in for another munch, Kai snatched it out of her hands taking in huge mouthfuls until the whole dessert was gobbled up.

 

"HA! I wingqaoehoaqlnd los!" Kai announced with a full mouth.

 

He started choking on his words as Krystal burst out laughing and Kai was forced to spit the frozen dessert onto the cement. He quickly dashed to a water fountain nearby to stop his coughing fit. Krystal swung back her head laughing loudly, as a snarky voice from behind called after her.

 

"Krystal unnie what's so funny?"

 

"Hmm?" She kept her head leveled back and viewed a large group of fifth graders observing her huddling around the wishing well.

 

 "Ahh, you're the kids I used to baby-sit...what are you doing?" She switched the question to them.

 

"Ohh, no-thing. Just you know, making wishes in the well." One sophisticated girl stated waving out her hand nonchantly.

 

"What kind of wishes?" Krystal questioned suspiciously.

 

"Oh you know..."

 

"-To get kissed by Kim Jongin opppa!" One adorable pig-tailed girl piped up beaming.

 

"Oh! I'd trade pennies and dimes for a kiss with him." A recent foreign korean girl from Canada giggled, blushing.

 

"Hanna, there's no such thing as dimes and pennies in Korea. You have to learn your Korean currency, oi." Another girl pointed out slapping her forehead.

 

"Really, now?" Krystal asked, her eyebrows perking up. The group of now all flushing fifth graders huddled into an excited chatter.

 

"Okay, I'm better now." Kai conveyed, returning from his trip from the water fountain his chin dribbling with droplets of water as he hastily wiped it off on his bare arm.

 

Krystal shot up quickly from the bench taking slow, subltle steps backwards towards him as she slid on a huge, fake grin gritting through her beaming smile. "Follow my lead and don't say anything."

 

"What are you talking about? Why are you acting like this, Krystal?" Kai asked, puzzled.

 

It was too late Kai's deep, husky voice was immediatly overheard from the group of infactuated fifth graders, as one traced a pointed finger at him like an idol caught on the streets, "OHMIGOD IT'S JONGIN OPPAAAA!!"

 

Kai eyes met with Krystal's glaring ones. "Oh." Kai mustered, realising his mistake.

 

"OHMIGOD! OHMIGOD! I HAVE TO TEXT THE OTHERS!" A girl announced loudly, no doubt whipping out her neon pink iPhone.

 

"Yeah, no Sherlock." Krystal sarcastically replied as she took off sprinting and Kai who had slow reflexes turned his view the empty street now bombarded with tiny, undevelopped squealing elementry girls. raced towards him. He panicked, dropping his tucked trusty skateboard underneath his arm onto the pavement and strived to make a break for it.

 

However the fifth grade fangirls high on adrenaline and love got a hold on him, at his heels grabbing at any material, feel, touch of Kai they could get a hold of him.

 

"HEY! I GOT HIS SKATEBOARD!" One girl shrilled excitedly.

 

"KRYSTAL!" Kai wailed, attacked in a mob of little girls. 

 

Krystal must've noticed quickly that the pretty-boy was not trailing after her because in an instant she had shoved her way to get to Kai and gripped Kai's wrist tightly yanking him out the circle of screeching, adoring fifth graders and was off dashing down the street being travelled by the fangirls that were not so far behind their heels.

 

"KRYSTAL UNNIE WAAAIT!!" "JONNGGGGGGIIIIN OPPPPAAA!!" "

 

Krystal dashed to the side of a building, her back pressed against the brick wall as Kai followed her procedure and they watched the of fifth grade girls sprint forward not bothering to look in their back in their direction.

 

"Phew!" Krystal breathed a sigh of relief, swiping the back of her hand with the moist beads of sweat forming at the top of her hairline. "Rule number two, elementry kids are the worst."

 

She pierced a glowering glare at Kai releasing his wrist, which oddly felt sore from Krystal gripping his wrist so firmly as he achingly rubbed it.

 

"Hey! Look Mucho Burrito!" Kai reported pointing at the bright neon, orange Mexican building across the road.

 

"Wow, yeah let's go for lunch. I'm starving." Krystal uttered, her mood shifting to content-already jogging across the empty street.

 

"I guess I have no choice." Kai muttered, as he shrugged stuffing his hands into his jean pockets.

 

Mucho Burrito.

 

Kai found Krystal situated in a fire-truck red booth near the window, as he slid in the booth across her. Her eyes focused on the t.v. behind his head broadcasting a basketball game.

 

"Who's playing?" Kai asked turning his head, to view the television.

 

"Whoo! L.A Lakers!" Krystal cheered her eyes concentrated on the screen.

 

"You like the L.A Lakers, why?"

 

"Well, because I was born in L.A, hellllo?" Krystal expressed obviously, waving one hand. "Who do you cheer for?"

 

"Pssh I don't watch the NBA. I watch the KBL." Kai conveyed, mimicking Krystal. "Because I'm from Korea, hellllloo?"

 

"Whatever." Krystal huffed, secretly hiding a smile behind her lips.


1 hour later.

 

    The channel had altered to golf and as a result Krystal and Kai had started a discussion on their lives in the midst of munching on burritos and sipping soft drinks. Their topics ranged from video games, sports to family currently Kai had two older sisters, that favored adorning him in female attire when he was younger and Krystal had one older sister that was the complete opposite of her who attended university and took her out for iced coffees whenever she was in the mood.

 

"-So then I stuffed a bunch of my noona's homemade backed brownies into my mouth as fast as I could, however she suddenly walked into the kitchen and caught me in the act. She started turning red out of anger and I panicked then I started choking-" Kai recounted.

 

'-And then lemme guess, you spat it out in front of her!"

 

Kai nodded frantically. "She was so pissed because they were supposed to be for the hyung she liked that was coming by. I thought she was going to give me a black eye, but then I saw her turning blue and then she sprinted off to the bathroom-"

 

"TO PUKE!" Kai and Krystal finished off one another's sentence bursting into laughter.

 

Krystal sputtered out Coke from her nose and Kai howled even louder out of laughter. Then he stopped after awhile and leaned across the booth to swipe her dripping face dabbing her cheeks softly with a wad of napkins, still snickering.

 

"Aisssh, why did we even come here Miyoung? There's no cute guys here whatsoever." A gorgeous girl caked in make-up and her twin sister in designer tank-dresses and matching $10, 000 Louis Vuitton purses remarked loudly. Their heels clacking loudly on the vibrant orange tiles floor.

 

"Yeah, you're right Min we should've known no hotties would come to some greasy restuarant...WAIT! Look over there, the cutie in the booth near the window sitting with Krystal. KRYSTAL!" Miyoung's annoyingly high-pitched voice screeched out across the restuarant.

 

"Ahh the one with the ripped jeans!" Min acknowledged.

 

"Skin's showing." Miyoung slyly smiled.

 

Miyoung and Min the most girl-iest twins Krystal had known from pre-school. Krystal groaned, then turned her head around plastering a fake grin. "Miyoung and Min!" She greeted enthusiastically.

 

Miyoung and Min took long strides in their 4-inch heels, their Louis Vuitton purses swinging widly in the crook of their elbows as they sashayed their way over towards them the whole restaurant's eyes on them.

 

"Aiyaaa! Hey y laaddy!" Boys whistled appreciatively.

 

"Hey Krystal, long time no see." Miyoung, the Alpha twin greeted bending down to embrace Krystal as she nearly got smooshed in her volptous body-in particularly her s.

 

"Can't....breathe.." Krystal sputtered, as Miyoung released her.

 

"Hey Krystal, who's your friend?" Min asked leaning against the booth, batting her eyelashes constantly at Kai.

 

"Is there something in your eye?" Kai questioned furrowing his eyebrows.

 

"Ohmigosh, Krystal you're so sticky and icky." Miyoung claimed, in a frantic search for her cleansing wipes for the sticky imprint of Krystal's face in her cleavage.

 

"Sticky and icky?" Kai mouth to Krystal raising an eyebrow.

 

Krystal shrugged.

 

"Sticky and wet makes Miyoung upset." Min proclaimed nodding her head.

 

"Here." Miyoung shoved wet wipes into Krystal's hands, shoving her out the booth. "Krystal, you have go wash up. It's just not sanitary."

 

Miyoung and Min instantly slid into the interior of the booth with identical beaming faces. Kai's head  slowly turned in Krystal's direction mouthing 'help.' Krystal waved him off, urging him to go along with the conversation. Miyoung and Min were harmless. Besides Krystal did feel sticky and icky. She her heel in search for the bathroom overhearing Kai introduce himself as Jongin.

 

Krystal walked along the corridor to the bathroom door imprinted with a female's figure and swung the door open to discover pratically the whole neighbourhood females gathered in the dim, flourescent bathroom staring her down. 

 

"Eheh heh...hey girls." Krystal greeted waving awkwardly.

 

No one replied as Krystal slowly strided towards the sink feeling the intensity of eyes observe her. She ran her hands underneath the motion-dectector sink spashing cool water onto her face. A voice suddenly spoke up.

 

"Why didn't you tell us, Krystal?"

 

Krystal whirled around droplets of water sliding down her cheeks. "Eh? Tell you guys what?" She looked out at the faces of sorrowful faces that slowly altered into grinning expressions.

 

"That you were dating Kim Jongin!" Everyone squealed excitedly. 

 

Krystal mouth gaped open, speechless.

 

"Aw, look unnie's speechless. Here, Krystal-unnie-paper towels to wipe your face." One little girl proclaimed handing forth  the rough paper towels, as Krystal quickly swiped her face leaning on the sink's counter taking a moment to take in all of this.

 

"We would've supported you, you didn't have to hide your relationship!" Another girl piped up.

 

"But-" Krystal was about to imply her and Kai weren't dating, buthowever got interrupted by another neighborhood girl.

 

"No matter how hot he is, we're not Miyoung and Min sneaky, y, s trying to steal other girls boyfriends." One other girl claimed.

 

"Like right now! Don't worry about us Krystal, you go out there and fight for your man! We'll distract those es for you!" A classmate of Krystal's conveyed pumping a fist in the air. Then with that the mob shoved Krystal out the bathroom.

 

"Okaaay...weird." Krystal muttered scratching the back of her neck.

 

She suddenly felt the vibration of her iPhone go off. She slid her iPhone out of the back pocket of her jean shorts and checked the screen that was flashing Mom. Krystal brought the iPhone to her ear. "Hey umma. Whassup?""

 

"Soojung, where are you? Nevermind that you have to get home now!"

 

"Huh? Why, umma? Something wrong at home?"

 

"No, no, no! It's nothing like that! Jessica just arrived five minutes ago."

 

"Jessica unnie's home?!" Krystal piped up excitedly.

 

"HEY SOOJUNG!" Jessica's voice hollered loudly in the background of her phone call with her mom.

 

"Jessica! Quiet down! Yes, it was quite a surprise though since none of us knew about it. I thought you would know though, anyways..oh yes! And the new neighbours are coming over for dinner so you have to clean your room! It's like Osama Bin Laden bombed the place, so be home soon alright? See you soon! Muah!"

 

"See you." Krystal hung up bubbling with excitement, tucking the phone back to it;s prior place. It had been quite awhile since she had last seen Jessica because of her prepatory for exams.

 

Krystal quickly strided towards Kai's booth with a huge grin. "We have to go now! I need to get back for dinner the new neighbours are coming and Jessica unnie's home!"

 

"Ah good, I'm ready!" Kai announced eagerly clutching a brown doggy-bag in his hands.

 

Krystal raised an eyebrow at the take-out bag already in Kai's hands. He looked extremely anxious to leave.

 

"Aww you guys have to go so soon? Alright, hug before you leave?" Miyoung and Min asked sadly directing the question at Kai arising from their seats with outstretched arms.

 

Kai  grimaced quickly slipping out the booth clutching onto Krystal's wrist as he started jogging towards the front door. "Err..sorry Krystal really has to get home now...and me. Bye!"

 

Before Miyoung and Min could follow and persuade Kai to stay a little longer, the mob of girls from the bathroom came dashing out the bathroom diverting Miyoung and Min's attention of Kai as the large group of females caused a bombardment of compliments upon Miyoung and Min.

 

"I looooove your dress Miyoung!" "Ohmigosh are your shoes real leather?" "Min, what kind of cleasner do you use? Your skin looks so smooth!"

 

Miyoung and Min conceited as they were, basked in their praise glory. One classmate of Krystal threw a thumbs up in Krystal's direction as the two escaped out the door. Luckily Jan ajusshi's ice cream truck happened to be lingering by. Kai eagerly climbed into the opening window where Jan ajusshi usually took his ice cream orders with Krystal staring after him in confusion. He offered her his hands and pulled her through also as Jan ajusshi swung his head around from the front seat.

 

"Great timing guys! I was just about to head on my break and grab a snack from Mucho Burrito!" Jan ajusshi announced.

 

"No need to! Got a bunch of burritos in the bag for you ajusshi! Step on it!" Kai yak, hurling the greasy paper bag to the front as Jan ajusshi's eyes lit up. Kai repeatedly glanced back at the restaurant, as if any moment the mob of girls would  dash out the door and start chasing after the ice cream truck.

 

"Ai-ai sir!" Jan ajusshi replied saluting Kai, steeping on the pedal.

 

"I need to get back home!" Krystal called out to Jan ajusshi.

 

"Gwob it!" Jan ajusshi nodded, with a mouth full meaning to say 'got it.'

 

Krystal turned her attention to Kai who sat with his back against the popsicles, his knees brought to his chest slightly panting out of breath. "What's happened to you?"

 

"Miyoung and Min..those girls...are psycho. Rule number 3 avoid conceited s." Kai announced.

 

Krystal laughed out loudly.

 

"Miyoung and Min? Those two twins you used to go to pre-school with Soojung?" Jan ajusshi asked from the front, chomping on another bite from the burrito.

 

"Those are the ones."

 

"Yup! Those girls are KRAZY with a capital 'K'. I' should've known when they were eight and declared they wanted surgery when they were older." Jan ajusshi remarked.

 

"Crazy starts with a 'C'." Kai corrected.

 

"No, 'K' for also koo-koo." Jan ajusshi chortled loudly almost choking on his mouthful of burrito.

 

"Eat more slowly ajusshi! Actually swallow! Remember what the doctor told you?" Krystal ordered.

 

"Aww, nob fun in bwab." Jan ajusshi pronounced, meaning to say 'no fun in that.'

 

"They even asked for my number!" Kai remarked.

 

"Did you give it to them?" Krystal asked.

 

"No, they're messed up! No offense to them."

 

"Yeah, a lot of girls in my neighborhood are messed up." Krystal expressed turning her head toward Kai.

 

"Not you, though." Kai conveyed a small smile playing on his lips.

 

Krystal grinned back a vibrating sensation buzzing in the back pocket of her jean shorts. Krystal whipped out the iPhone Jessica's text message in bold, capital letters displayed clearly onscreen. 'COME HOME SOON! THE ICED-CAPPUCINO'S ARE MELTING!' Krystal snorted about to tuck the iPhone back into the back pocket of her shorts when Kai snatched it out from her grasp.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?" Krystal asked, as Kai fingers dwindled across the screen out of Krystal's reach.

 

"Nothing." He murmured sneakily, his eyes focused on the screen. "I know we've just met and today's been crazy. Like extremely crazy. But here's my number." Kai conveyed passing back Krystal's phone scratching the back of his neck flustered.

 

"SMOOB MOOB KID!" Jan ajusshi hollered from the front, meaning to say 'smooth move.'

 

Krystal rolled her eyes. "Swallow, ajusshi! But thanks." She stated smiling at Kai, shoving the cellphone back into her pocket.

 

He gulped down the last of his meal, the ice cream truck slowing to a stop. "We're here, Soojung! I'll drive you around the block, kid until you recognize your hous-"

 

"Hey! I live here too!" Kai exclaimed pointing to the house next to Krystal's with the solar panels roof, as Kai helped Krystal climb out the truck and followed after her.

 

"Well then, BYE KIDS! NICE MEETING YOU JONGIN-AH~! THANKS FOR THE BURRITOS!" Jan ajusshi hollered speeding off, the childish tune ringing off into the distance.

 

"That means we're neighbors then....and you're coming over for dinner..." Krystal stated slowly shuffling her feet slowly towards her driveway. 

 

"I guess so." Kai replied, smilng.

 

"Hey, bring over your WII steering wheel for Mario carts when you come over okay?" Krystal asked.

 

"Alrighhht, but I'm gonna warn you I'm preeetty good." Kai announced rubbing his chin proudly.

 

"Tcch, wait until you come over. I'll wipe off that smirk off your pretty face." Krystal remarked.

 

"SOOJUNG!"

 

Suddenly the front door to Krystal's house swung open and a grinning Jessica in a floral romper and matching cardigan came flying out the house, running wildly towards Krystal attacking her into a hug. She almost tackled Krystal onto the lawn with the strong impact, but luckily Kai was there to steady Krystal into balance his firm hand holding her shoulders. Kai two older sisters came out of no where dragging Kai up their driveway, hauling the taller younger brouther by one arm on either side.

 

"Hey! Sorry to interrupt Jessica and Krystal but I need this little dip to help carry my queen-sized mattress up the stairs." A girl about Jessica's age stated.

 

"And then he's helping me afterwards." The older one remarked.

 

"Our new neighbours are daebak." Jessica excitedly whispered nudging Krystal in the ribs, having already met Kai's older sisters earlier. "Ooooh and the youngest is yummmeh." Jessica her lips once the Kim's were out of earshot.

 

"Shut up Jessica unnie! You cougar! He's my age!" Krystal retorted laughed shoving her shorter elder sibling. Jessica wiggled her eyebrows wildly.

 

"Uhh... I'll see you at dinner then, Krystal and I'll remember to bring the steering wheel!" Kai waved, disapperaring into the house. Then he appeared once again at the doorstep with his sisters trying to yank him back into the household. "Call me maybe." Kai hollered, gone in a flash.


 

Epilogue

 

One summer later.

 

"Krystal, Krystal, Krystal." Kai mumured softly nudging Krystal's head with his socked feet, under the shaded tree they first met.

 

She shifted her head softly snoring away, in a deep sleep where absolutely no one could disturb her. Well except Kim Jongin. He twirled the cherry lollipop in his mouth observing her, rolling on his belly as he viewed her face from above overturned propping himself on his elbows. Slowly he leaned down as he softly pressed his lips upon Krystal's lips. An upside down kiss you could call it.

 

Krystal's eyes immediatly opened as she blinked at her boyfriend who was examining her. Krystal rolled on her stomach narrowing her eyes at him, the taste of cherries on the tip of her tongue.

 

"I hate when you do that Kai." Krystal muttered.

 

"Do what?" Kai asked casually, cocking his head playfully. "This?" He gave her a quick peck on the lips, very briefly.

 

"No. When you wake me with your stinky- socked feet." Krystal answered staring daggers at him.

 

"Ahhh, that." Kai acknowledged a smile playing on his lips. "Sorry."

 

Suddenly the melody of high-pitched, out-of-tune voices occured from nearby. Who did they know that sang that bad? Krystal and Kai glanced at each other knowingly.

 

♪ Hey I just met you! And this is craaazy. But here's my number. So call me maybe. It's hard to look right, at you baaaby-

 

"SHUT UP NOONAS!" "SHUT UP UNNIE!" Krystal and Kai screamed.

 

So there you have it! My one-shots I personally think are too long but I think it's because I have too many ideas to record down. I'm satisfied on how this one-shot came out though, I hope you guys also enjoyed it. Anyhow exams are coming and I have to study and finish my other stories. Boo! Whatever. COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!