Power of Prayer

No More Goodbyes

Donghae P.O.V

   I took the fastest flight to Japan. I couldn’t think clearly. I was sweating all day and my foot were getting week. I didn’t want to lose her because now I knew that I loved her. I didn’t sleep in the plane, I just thought about her, her, and her…

   Kyuhyun gave me the address where Euna got nursing. So, after arrived at Narita Airport, I went to that hospital faster. I asked the driver to drive the car faster and faster. Many people yelled and screamed to this taxi but I didn’t care. I arrived at the hospital just in 10 minutes. My body was very tired but I still thought about Euna. How’s her condition?

   I asked the receptionist, where is Euna. A~ she got placed on 4th floor in room 4015. I went to that room and knocked the door. That’s a VIP room and there was one bed inside. Euna’s mother opened the door and startled.

   “A-Anyeong haseyo, ajumma!” I bowed.

   “Eo? How-how can you get here? I-it’s Japan!” she said confused.

   I grinned, “I took the flight and arrived here. Ajumma, how’s Euna’s condition? Does she still forget me?”

   Euna’s mother startled again, “How can you know about her condition? She kept it as a secret…”

   “I know. That’s why I’m here. I want to see her. Because in Seoul when I visited her, she forgot me and then other member of Super Junior told me her condition.”

   Euna’s mother sighed, “Come in.” and I entered the room.

   I saw Euna sat on her bedroom with pale face. She looked at me with confused gaze. “Who is he, Mom? Your friend?” asked Euna.

   Good! She still forgot me? I smiled to her. “He is yours. Not mine,” her mother answered.

   “He is my friend? Gosh… I start to forget everything!” she said sadly.

   “You will get a surgery three days again… don’t be afraid…everything will be okay…”

   What? Get s surgery? Like this fast? My heart was beating faster. I knew this surgery will be very dangerous. Her mother asked me to go out with her. I followed her mother and went to the hospital park.

   “The only way we can choose is get a surgery for her. Her nerves really had broken. And her muscles didn’t work well…” Euna’s mom said. She closed her eyes, maybe to hold the tears. “We love her very much. She is really a nice girl… We don’t want to lose her… you know…” she sighed, “She has many weird dreams… but because of this illness… gosh…” she sighed again and eyed me, “Please pray to her. When two or three people pray together, God will come and answer they pray…”

   How religious! Like mother like daughter. I smiled to her and promised, “I will, ajumma…” And I stood up. I bowed and went out. I couldn’t hold my tears. I need you, God… I need you…

   I went to one hotels and I could see many girls looked at me. Japanese girls know Super Junior too, so I checked in hurry.

*             *             *

 

   Three days later, other members of Super Junior came to Japan too and checked in to the same hotels with me. Many security and bodyguard kept our room safe. They stayed outside so that no one can disturb us.

   “How’s her condition?” asked Kyuhyun while tidying-up his luggage.

   “Mwo? Ah, Euna? She will get a surgery this day… just one hour from now,” I asked.

   “MWO?!” they all shouted shock.

   “Oyu! My ears are hurt! Stop screaming!”I closed my ears immediately.

   “Sorry…” they said together. “Have you seen her? Does she ready to the surgery? Gosh…!” Eunhyuk shouted.

   “Stop talking vain thing! That will be useless. The best we can do is pray to God. When two or three people pray together, God will answer they pray. We are more that three so that God will give a miracle!”

   Everybody didn’t talk. They looked at me with Donghae-said-an-unbelievable-word gaze. “Seem like you’re more religious than Siwon…” said Shindong.

   “Yeah… but now, come on! Let’s pray together for her! I will join you, Donghae!” said Kyuhyun. Siwon smiled at us and joined us too, so did the others.

   “I’m Atheist I know. But this time, I will pray for her. Jus in this time…” said Heechul. We all smiled and hugged him.

   Then, we sat on the floor and made a circle. We hold the hands of each other and started to pray one by one.

   “Our Mighty God… thanks for everything You gave to us. Thanks for the oxygen… Thanks for our safety… thank because we can sat here in Japan. You’re great, God… now, we all here for one thing. We have a friend named Euna. You let her get the illness to make her trust You more. But please, don’t take her life…” Siwon started.

   “You’re The God of Healthy, Doctor of the doctors. Nothing is impossible in Your hand. Please heal her, God. She is a nice girl and she always prays to You. She declares Your name and make the other trust You…” add Kyuhyun.

   “With humble, we ask Your miracle. In faith we trust it God, that You will make her alive and heal her. We promise you, God, if You heal her, we will do anything for you. We will praise you more and more…” I prayed too.

   And the others prayed too. We all cried and our tears flew down. We asked that with all our heart. And after everyone said what they want, Siwon finished the pray, “Again, thanks for everything, God. We love You and please bless us. In the name of God we pray. Amen.”

   Everybody cleaned their tears. Sungmin who almost never cry was crying too. We prayed for 45 minutes. We all stood up and smiled. This was the best what we can do.

   We all went to hospital hurry and met Euna’s mother. She was crying beside her husband. “She is in that room, get the surgery. We two prayed before she gets the surgery, but now her condition weaker than before…” her mother explained.

   My heart was beating faster again. No… she just 19. “You can’t take her, God…” I whispered in my heart.

   “She is 18 years old this year. She is very young… but, we all must trust God. I promise to you, all of her friends, she will be okay,” Her father said.

   We all nodded. That was the power of faith. If we trust God… Wait! Is she just 18 years old?

   “Ahjussi, I thought she is 19 now…” I complained.

   “Actually, she is 18. But in Korea, she is 19 so that she always said that she is 19.” Her father explained.

   Okay… I was 24 years old now but in Korea I was 25. Oh right… what I thought before, I was right. We are six years different age.

   “Don’t think about it! Just pray for her!” Eunhyuk shouted.

   Suddenly, the doctor went out with sad face, “You two are Euna’s parents, right? Umm… about her condition… Actually, maybe I can heal her but her condition weaker and weaker. Her heart beats getting slower and she lost many blood.” The doctor explained made her parents cried. No!!!! God, please help her!

   “So that I afraid if we continue this surgery she will…” when the doctor continued the explaining, a nurse ran out from the room.

   “Hey Doctor! Doctor Yamaa! Doctor Lee called you! You must get in hurry!!!” the nurse shouted. We all stood up and looked at them scared. Gosh… just in this time… please answer my pray… I don’t want to say goodbye to the person who I love to.

   The Doctor bowed to us and entered the surgery room, left us with confused and afraid condition.