Chapter ten.

Meet the silence

    Hyukjae ran downstairs, ran into the street, all his thoughts and senses concentrated on one thing. Or person, to be precise. It was raining hard, but he didn't notice it. His clothes and hair became wet within seconds, but he didn't care. All that mattered was Donghae.

To find Donghae.
Donghae, Donghae, Donghae.

"Aissh!!! Where is he?" he yelled, making two ajhummas look at him disapprovingly. He decided to go towards Donghae's house. He had no other idea and his instinct had led him to the guy before, so he followed it this time.

    He kept running until he saw a scene that made his blood freeze in his veins. There, in an allyway that was a shortcut to Donghae's neighbourhood stood four man. Three of them were tall and muscled, wearing scary expressions. And what terrified Hyukjae, one of them had a long, sharp knife in his hand. The fourth man was Donghae, standing wet from head to toes, shivering both from fear and cold.

    My mind turned off the option that allowed me to communicate with the world, because this world didn't deserve to have me as a part of it after it had made me suffer so much...

    And there was Donghae, about to be harmed again by those bastards. He couldn't let this happen. What to do? What to do? Hyukjae, THINK!!! What to do? He couldn't let them hurt Donghae, he went through enough pain in his life and also was hurt by Hyukjae himself. He couldn't fight him with his bare hands when one of them was armed.
He could do only one thing. They had only one advantage over those three massive gorillas. He knew Donghae would be able to run as fast as he could. He sneaked slowly to the corner of the building, concentrated on Donghae and waited for the moment. The fragment of conversation reached his ears.

"Now, little fishy-face? You won't speak to daddy? It seems that daddy will have to punish you..." the man spoke as if he were talking to a child, which sickened Hyukjae. But in the next secong his voice changed and it wasn't so awfully sardonic any more, it was sharp like a razor, deep and raspy. "Give me your wallet. Now."

    Hyukjae couldn't wait any longer. He came out from behind the wall, reached Donghae in a split second, grabbed shocked Donghae's hand and pulled him behind. Together they ran, in unspecified direction, turning left, right, and left again, the sound of six feet following them for some time and slowly becoming less and less audible, only to fade away completely.

    They stood by the ice-cream shop they had visited before, panting. It stopped raining and the slowly setting sun started to warm their bodies up a little.

"I think we've lost them," Hyukjae managed to say. He looked at the other. Donghae looked terrible. His eyes were still widened with horror, his hair was messy, hir face red due to the long escape. Hyukjae hugged him tightly and whispered comforting words.

"Shhh... It's okay now, we've escaped, they're not going to hurt you, everything will be fine." He backed a little to take a glance at the younger. "It looks like all I'm doing is apologize to you, but I must say it again" he went on, hugging Donghae once again. This time his crush stood still, anxious. "Donghae, I'm sorry I didn't tell Heechul earlier. Look, I realised that it doesn't matter to me if you can speak or not. You are just yourself, you have been for the entire time and I got used to it. This is why I forgot to mention your muteness to him, I guess. He might have sounded sarcastic, but if he had known..." he took a deep breath, suddenly feeling like he was about to suffocate. "He wouldn't have said that." Donghae slowly relaxed and hugged him back again and patted his shoulder gently.
"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry... " Hyukjae sang silently and felt Donghae's arms shaking. When he pushed him back lightly and looked at the younger, he saw no fear or pain, but amusement. "You like the song?" chuckled Hyukjae. Donghae nodded.

"Donghae, you are amazing. Does your smile mean that you forgive me?" Nod again. "My goodness, whad had I done in my previous live that I deserved to meet you? Honestly, Hae -oh, do you mind me calling you that?" without waiting for an answer, he went on talking, waving his hands passionately and closing his eyes: "Hae, your pure and good heart is-" he felt silent abrubtly.

    Hyukjae could feel how Donghae's cold lips met his flushed cheek for a second. His eyes snapped open and he saw the other biting his lower lip, smiling shyly and looking at him from underneath his long eyelashes.

    Hyukjae wasn't in a right state to say anything. He grinned widely and looked around to check if anyone had seen the peck. There, in the ice-cream shop window stood the shopgirl, Lee Byul Rin, who was weeping the window. She showed him her thumb up.

    "Let's go, Donghae. Was I imagining things or you had brought something in a white box earlier?"

So they slowly walked back to Hyukjae and Heechul's apartment. Arm in arm, feeling stronger than ever before. Because there were two of them. Donghae knew that he could count on Hyukjae. Even in a death-threatening situation.

The sun was lowering itself to the horizon now, giving away the last flushes of bright red light. And remembering their first little kiss, Hyukjae realised that the sunset became his new favourite time of the day.

 

 


A/n: Oooh, my fangirl mode . It is my favourite chapter untill now, I think. What do you think about it? Comment a lot and remember I love you all! <3
Also, as I previously said, my next update will be on Thursday and then probably on Tuesday. I'll be out of home, exploring our beautiful country with my dear puppysauruss (check out her story, it's hilarious!) ;) See you on Thursday! ^^