The Game

Digital Love

Time sure runs fast for by the second half of the game, Ella was panting. Chun, unfortunately won the first round, making Ella feel utterly disappointed in herself. She isn't the type of girl who likes losing a lot. Yes, for some parts of life, you need to experience losing, but not for Ella Chen.

After some time resting after the first half, Ella swiped her mouth with the back of her hand after emptying a bottle of water. She glared at Chun for no reason while he quietly meditated on how she weirdly glared at him for some reason he still doesn’t know. Then, she stood up from his side. A thought crept to his mind… He figured that maybe it was because he beat her in the first half of the game that‘s why she‘s glaring at him that way, and so… to make the happening even more interesting, he suggested something…

“Ella, why don’t we make it like this…,” Chun started.

“What?” she fired back at him with a smirk on her face.

“Whoever shoots gets an information about the one who didn’t,” he suggested. “In that way, it would be more interesting, don’t you think?”

“You think so?” she asked. “I don’t think it’s any better as to when we finish this stupid freakin’ cheating game of yours.”

“Hey, who says I’m cheating?” he retaliated. “Isn’t it you who’s been falling a few times that I’d have to grab you up and help you get up on your feet? Or are you having height problems because you know you can’t wear a heeled shoe properly?”

“Now, what has a heeled shoe got to do with basketball, jerk?” she rolled her eyes and stomped on his foot as he felt him nearing towards her. “Just…you know, get it on!” Ella exclaimed and immediately thrashed the empty bottle of water she was holding on the ground and immediately grabbing the ball that was left in the open for quite some time now.

“Now, who do you think is cheating?” Chun enquired. “Don’t you think you should ask me first whether or not you’re going to start or not?”

“Who cares about you?” Ella raised a brow and stuck a tongue out as she was about to shoot the ball, but even before she could… he snatched it away from her, because she wasn’t on focus.

She was stunned for a while until Chun drew the ball in the basket and Ella had to regain her composure just so she could tell something about her to him.

“You know I was pitying you lately, but didn’t I tell you that all that was just an act?” Ella enquired, laughing evilly at her corner.

“Ohhh, I’m scared!” Chun mock-laughed in horror, figuring out that Ella was trying to act tough and… scary?

“Fine, I’m born on June 18 nineteen eighty…” the words from her mouth dissipated and she had to scratch her head just so she’d remember the year she was born on, “eight.” she continued and run towards him to snatch the ball.

“You’re getting me caught off guard quite a lot now, aren’t you?” Chun innocently said and half asked, but that led him to thinking to have a little game with her. ‘Then,’ he thought, ‘maybe it’s time I tell you more as to who I like.’

“Feeling a little defeated now, aren’t we?” Ella enquired and plastered a feeling-Almighty grin on her face, because she just shoot the ball.

“I’m in love… No, in admiration of someone, I mean,” Chun immediately revealed and ran as slow as he can toward Ella just to give her some chance to shoot it in again so that he can get her curiosity as to who this girl he’s pertaining to that he likes.

Ella didn’t really mind, though.

‘A girl he likes?’ she thought. ‘Blah blah,” and then she shoot the ball again after snatching the ball from Chun again.

“She has short hair,”

Ella then immediately stopped dead on her tracks and crossed her arms, letting Chun shoot the ball.

“I have a dog named Tie Dan and I want you to describe the girl you like more,” she requested.

“Are questions acceptable?” Chun looked like he wanted to disagree with the question policy, but decided that he should just play his little game, “Fine, she’s cute.”

“That’s so lame,” Ella remarked. “I’ve never heard a boy say the word ‘cute’ or is it even in a guys dictionary? Enlighten me,” she said and immediately ran towards his direction, snatching the ball from him again.

Then, shoot it. A three point shot. :O

“Then, Ella Chen from Lakers shot a three-point shot. You can see the audience doing a standing ovation because she’s just so great,” she laughed like crazy, thinking so highly of herself.

“Hey, Lakers has standards. All their players are… tall. Probably, same height as me,” Chun scrunched his nose and laughed at her silliness. “By the way, she’s 21.”

Again, she dribbled the ball with great dexterity just like she first did as soon as she grabbed the ball from him. She was trying to ease the tiredness and the acceleration of her heart beat and from suspecting that it is she who he is in admiration of.

Chun's right in front of her, studying her every move. Which, from the looks of it, he knew too well already by the end of the first half.

“I’m starting to think that you’re just letting me off in shooting the ball, and I’m wondering why that is,” Ella rolled her eyes after she shoot the ball a couple of times in a row and placed her hands on her hips as she walked towards Chun.

“She’s born on the month of June,” Chun smiled and watched as she walked toward him.

“What else?” she asked in pure curiosity.

“I met her digitally,” he added.

“What else?” she enquired in amusement now, thinking that he was just joking.

“She loves Spaghetti,” he added a little more, but that information he scarily just told her about sent her thinking about how he got to know.

“How did you know?” she enquired and raised a brow up at him.

“I just do,” he replied briefly. “It was just a hunch. Why, do you know?”

“Know what?” she asked again, enjoying the game she’s in. Although, this time, they were no longer playing basketball, but having an intense-kind of argument? Or is it a mock fight?

“Who the girl is,” he retaliated and grinned at the sight in front of him aka ‘a curious Ella’.

“No,” she immediately replied. “Just tell me, then.”

“What if I don’t?” he asked for the umpteenth time in the day.

“Then, I’ll kick your guts,” and she showed him her hand formed into a fist up to his face, but it confused him as to why it wasn’t a form of kicking.

“That’s not kicking, it‘s hitting,” he reached out his right hand toward her right hand and put it down gently.

“Whatever, it’s the same old banana,” she said in defense.

Slowly, he reached out both of his palms to the level of her cheeks and said, “Why are you so curious anyway, huh?” and then he firmly cupped her cheeks and gave her a light kiss on the lips.

Immediately, Ella’s eyes shot wide.

‘He kissed me,’ she thought and snapped herself back to reality in haste and said, “I hate you!”

“I hate you more,” but kissed her again afterwards, but this time it wasn’t anything simple. It was much more longer in duration and had much more feeling compared to the first one. It’s just that he found it weird why she gave in and responded to his kiss. She even circled her arms around his waist that were still formed into fists.

After realizing the situation, Ella withdrew her hands from his waist and pushed him with full force as she immediately ran and unbelievably opened his car and settled in despite the fact that it was locked.