Chapter 3

Can It Ever Be More Than Fake?

 

MIN HA'S POV

 

What the actual f*** just happened?!

I stood with my mouth hanging open staring at Kyung with his arm around Soomi while she blushed furiously.

Ohhh...I get it now. She can pay me back for ditching me later, but for now I can see I'm not needed.

I walked back into the shop smiling.

“Ahh...That lucky fool...”

 

SOOMI'S POV

 

After walking for a while Kyung dragged me in to an optometrist office in the mall.

“What are we doing here? I already have glasses.” I looked up at him while he stood beside my chair.

“Exactly! Like I said, you would look cute if you just ditched the frames. So you're getting contacts!”

“What! No!! I don't want to have to poke my finger into my eye, won't it hurt!” Crossing my arms, I told him the same thing I told Min Ha when she tried to get me to wear contacts.

“Its nothing. Trust me even I wear lenses, see.” He came closer to my face with his eyes open really wide. His mouth on the verge of falling open just as wide.

I covered my mouth, but a small snort managed to escape (quite embarrassingly and unladylike, might I add) 

He laughed lightly too, “Soomi, I promise it doesn't hurt and you'll feel so much better without those thick rims hanging off your nose.” He tapped my nose with his finger softly.

The next thing I know we're walking out of the place. Him with his hands in his pockets and me following, dazed with my glasses in my hands while I blink like crazy getting used to the lenses.

He abruptly turned around clapping his hands together, “Okay, now that you've got the face lets work on your clothes. Spin around for me.”

I did as told while tilting my head confused.

“I guess you've got a pretty good figure but you can barely see it under that ginormous t-shirt and sweats.”

I looked down at what I was wearing and he was right, my clothes were at least 2 sizes too big for me. But comfortable. Maybe to comfortable?

“So lets go get you some new clothes.”

I scoffed mentally at how perfectly this was all going. It was just how I pictured it in my head (well minus the part where he falls madly in love with me, but I digress). I admit that maybe this was all a bit too cliche, but I am not going to be the one to interfere with any of it.

KYUNG'S POV

 

“So what size are you? Small?” I asked her as I poked around the clothes on the rack.

“Y-yeah.” She said as she sat on the sofa in front of the changing rooms twiddling her thumbs.

I randomly grabbed some pants and shirts that were her size, “Here, try them.”

She took the clothes and went in to the changing rooms, while I took her seat on the sofa.

I looked down at my watch, its been 10 minutes. I leaned against the stall door, “Uhh, Soomi? Are you okay in there?”

“K-kyung, I don't think these clothes suite me. They're kind of short.” She said as she poked her head from out from the side of the door making me stumble a bit.

“Don't worry about it, that's the style now a days. Now let me see you.”

She took a breath and stepped out wearing this:

 

My eyes widened and a lump formed in my throat. A 'hot-damn' SUV sized lump.

“Do I look bad?” She asked tugging at the bottoms of her shorts.

“No!” I blurted out rather hastily, “I-i mean, you look n-nice.” I shrugged.

In actuality 'nice' was an understatement! She looked okay before since she was already kind of cute, but now she looked...like, y'know, wow...

“I'll go change back no-”

“Don't bother, I'll just buy it and you can wear it out of the store.” I scanned the store.

“Miss! I'd like to pay for these clothes and the ones in the changing room.”

“Sure thing!” She said giving me a thumbs up. She looked pretty young to be working here, but I'm glad because the last thing I need is another girl trying to confess to me. Man, that sounded conceded.

We walked out of the store, “S-so what do you want to do now?” Wow, okay. So I'm going to stutter now.

“Well actually I have to get home now its getting pretty late.” She said fiddling with the neck line of her shirt.

“Sure, let me walk you home then.” I started walking.

“U-um, I live this way.” She said and I turned around to see her pointing in the opposite direction.

“Oh, right. This way...yeah.” I quickly walked to where she was standing.

She giggled, and I heard her mumble something like 'dork' before she led the way.

I followed behind her now and secretly smiled as I watched her step carefully over the cracks on the sidewalk. I remeber my mom used to scold for stepping on cracks when I was a kid. She'd joke around about how terrible I was, but it always made me feel so bad I'd jump over every crack and cry if I accidentally landed on one.

“You don't really believe that, do you?” I said catching up to walk beside her now.

“What do you mean.” She asked still looking at the ground intently.

“The whole 'step on a crack, and brake your mothers back' thing. You don't really think its real?”

“Hmm, I guess not. But its a heck of a lot more fun than walking normally though, don't you think.” She looked up and flashed me a smile.

Her smile was beautifu- hold up, forget what I was about to say.

I snapped out of it.

“Here's my house.” She stopped in front of a simple looking house and turned to me.

“Thank you for today, and sorry that you had to pay so much money. I would offer to pay you back but I'm sort of broke.” She pouted a little. Cute~ ...hmmm, I hope I won't always be so swoony around her...

“That's okay my dad owns that mall anyway, so I get everything on a discount. But I should be the one saying sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot like that. And, um, thanks for playing along with it.” I said awkwardly.

She nodded and it became silent.

“Anyway, I'll come pick you up for school tomorrow. Be ready by 8AM okay?”

 

SOOMI'S POV

 

Before I could respond he gave me a quick peck on the cheek and I stiffened.

“Better get used to it, yeobo.” He winked playfully and waved to me.

I could barely wave back, but luckily he didn't notice as he took of down the street.

 

CHAPTER 3 END