dance with me

Before this song ends

 

The club had its very own heartbeat- its pulse the beat of the latest dance track blasting on the large speakers. The bass shook the floor and sent ripples through any drink left behind on a table, abandoned for the dance floor. People’s bodies moved in sync and it didn’t matter if you had consumed any alcoholic substance, everyone was drunk on each other’s energy.

 

Jaebum and Jinyoung stepped foot into the dark and smoky club instantly consumed by the deafening music. “Why are we even here?” Jinyoung had to yell in order to be heard over the noise.

Jaebum instantly walked over to the dance floor and Jinyoung reluctantly followed. “Learn to loosen up, Jr!” He hated that nickname; it made him feel so juvenile.

He rolled his eyes at his hyung and retreated to sit at the bar as he kept an eye on the blonde haired fellow on the dance floor. He figured he could get away with sticking around for an hour or so until Jaebum got tipsy enough to be able to drag him out of the place without too much protest. Soon enough his friend was surrounded by a crowd of girls dressed in short skirts and low cut tops. Jinyoung could only scoff and take another sip of his water.

 

Jinyoung barely noticed the dark haired girl that took a seat beside him until she had sighed and propped an elbow up on the counter. “There are literally,” she sighed again, “no good dancers here tonight.”

Jinyoung turned slightly to look at the unimpressed female. She was dressed in a pair of black shorts and a purple top that, when she turned around, was completely sheer and thoroughly showed off her black lace bra. When he saw this he coughed and took another sip of his glass.

Suddenly the girl turned to face Jinyoung. “How about you?”

“Huh?” he asked, utterly confused.

“Can you dance?” He shrugged. This prompted an eye roll from her. Jinyoung pointed to his friend on the dance floor, “What about him?”

The girl laughed loudly and shook her head, “He tries too hard.”

“I tried to tell him that too,” he muttered.

“Dance with me,” she already jumped off the stool and gracefully landed on her high wedged shoes.

He quickly shook his head and held up his nearly empty glass like it offered some sort of excuse his mouth couldn't seem to make.

“But you look like someone who can dance,” she grabbed his wrist and he’s surprised to find that he likes the warmth of her fingertips on his inner wrist, he wonders if she can feel his quickened pulse.

“I don’t think so,” he smirks. “Maybe I’m one of those who tries too hard.”

“Boy, you better dance with me.” She pulled him off his own stool and onto his feet and grabbed his glass and set it down on the bar. “C’mon before this song ends.”