Chapter 2

The Secret

So, is this your name? Nicole?’ a voice sounded from not far away from me, a husky yet tender voice, a guy’s voice that I wasn’t familiar with.

I was curious by then, I turned over to have a look. I saw a guy, crouching behind me, holding a can of Carlsberg. I guess he was drunk. He was wearing a pair of long torn jeans and a black singlet which revealed his well exercised bodyline and his robust arm muscles. I couldn’t visibly see his face while the night was gloomy and his side bangs were covering his left eye. However, the dark clouds flew away just the moment, the aid of the moonlight shines over his position. His beautiful saintly face features were exposed under a fantasy panorama. He was nothing like a human being; his big eyes, perfect nose bridge, pouted lips makes him all perfect against his pale complexion. I was unconsciously drooling.

‘Are you not answering my question?’ asked the beautiful mortal.

I was only aware and quit myself from drooling over a total stranger. It isn’t right to talk to a stranger, isn’t it?

‘Yeah, it is. My name is Nicole.’ I totally ran over myself. I spoke out too fast.

He giggled. He stood up and slowly came forward to me. I was going insane, my heart beat too fast that I could hardly focused.

He sits next to me, not inches far away. He placed the can onto his lips and took a sip from it. This had reflexively leaded my vision to his cherry red lips.  The flow of the fluid run through his neck, allowed his Adam apple to budge a little. I was totally awestruck by him. He wiped away some he left by the edge of his lips and took a look at me. I was shocked.

‘Are you staring at me?’ he asked and ended with a chuckle.

He was asking me again. Should I answer this time?

‘I’m not.’ I turned away guiltily with my cheeks turning red.

And yes I did. Before I could even finish exchange my inner voice and my discussion. I didn’t dare to look back at him; he has the killer eyes that may murder you by just looking into it. In a moment, there wasn’t a sound coming from him, I wondered did he leave. So soon? I took a peep. Shockingly, he was no longer inches away from me but a few centimeters apart. I could smell the strong scent of alcohol from him. He was looking at me seductively, his killer eyes. I gulped, feeling too nervous to exhale as he may feel my warm breath. My eyes were wide opened staring into his; I wanted to turn away but my intentions want me to stay.

He grinned and reversed to his original position.  

‘You were drooling again.’ He laughed.

‘Hey! I wasn’t!’ I was lying, making a pouty face.

He didn’t stop laughing till he lifts his head up to gaze at the sparkling night sky.

‘Isn’t it beautiful?’ He lay down on the wet sand, while placing his head above his arm.

I took a look at him then to the sky. The sky I gaze on every night through my window was never as dazzling as the sky I am looking at now. It was too beautiful to be true. I gently took my leaned against the wet sand, right next to the stranger.

‘Hey~ Do you see the five stars there that forms a W?’ He asked with his husky voice while pointing to the sky.

I looked into the sky, searching for the five stars he mentioned.

‘Where? I don’t see any...’ before letting me finish my words. He held my hand, guiding my finger to the five stars and joined them to a W. His hand was much bigger than mine, I felt safe and secure when he holds me. A chill run through my spine, I wasn’t paying any attention to the sky however again, staring at him unconsciously.

‘There~ This is called the Cassiopeia.’ He explained and finally let go of my hand.

‘And what’s that suppose to mean?’ I’m curious.

‘She is the fine-looking goddess of Greek.’ He explained again, he seems to have quite knowledge of astrology.

‘Oh, I see. They look pretty.’ I stood up taking a closer look of them.

Suddenly, he burst into laughter. I looked completely blank; trying to figure out what amused him.

‘Why are you laughing?’ I was confused.

‘You!’ he continued laughing but this time, a little softer, with his back hand covering his mouth. He tried not to be too rude.

‘Me? What about me?’ I pointed to myself, looking miserably.

‘We are not supposed to see Cassiopeia with our eye, which is unless you have super eyes!’ He finally spoke the truth.

‘What?! You trick me?!’ I sigh and shaped my mouth into an O, It was unbelievable and rather immature.  I was annoyed.

‘It was only a joke, Kay?’ He finally stopped his laugh.

‘And I believed you?!’ I was also angry of myself.

We both quiet down. A total silence from both of us excluding the wave hitting to the beach was heard. I was cuddling my knees with a pouty face on it unwilling to make the first move. It was an odd moment, either of us spoke up, until…

‘Hey, you shouldn’t trust strangers you know?’ He finally sounded. I could hear movements back there, I guess he sat back up?

But, what’s with his problem? Isn’t he supposed to apologies first? Before going into any other matter? Why did he mention that ‘You shouldn’t trust strangers, you know?’ How weird? I turned to him.

‘Hey! You…’

All of the sudden, he placed his lips onto mine, laying pecks on my lips gently. I didn’t know how to react, as I never had this feeling before, I never knew kisses would be so soft, easy and not pressured. Key never gave this to me. I was enchanted. I closed my eyes, starting to respond a little by slowly moving my lips against his. He leisurely placed one of his hand to my neck and another to my waist. Our kisses started to turn more passionate, his lips pressed onto mine and we kissed more rapidly as we continue. I embraced my hands around his neck and kneeled up to get closer to him. We kissed under a dazzling sky while stars and moon shinning on our way by the beach. It was every teenager’s dream of kissing set.

I fell in love.

**********************************************************************************

The morning sunshine shone through the window, between the curtains and hit my eyes. Where am I? I opened my eyes and found myself nowhere else but back on the bed in my hotel room. I stood up, rubbing my eyes and beside me was Min sleeping in an impolite position. I chuckled. I grab my floral spring dress and my favorite purple set of bikini into the bathroom. I turn on the tap to fill in the bathtub, and then placed my clothes on the provided steel frame. The warm steam encircles the bathroom causing the bathroom misty and humid. I took a step into the warm water soon soaked my body into it. This quiet and calm panorama struck me of yesterday. How did I get back into my room? Was it only a dream? Somewhat makes me certain about that, it wasn’t just a dream.