That Guy With A Green Umbrella

That Guy With A Green Umbrella

 

“Chun-ah! Look it’s raining!” I pointed to the window, my best friend Park Yoochun turned his head toward where I pointed at and stared at it for a while before turning back to me.

“Why? You really hate rain before but now you like it so much…” he looked at me suspiciously.

What he said before was right. I hate rain, but that’s a year before now I love rain very much. I love rain as much as I love Hello Kitty!

“That’s a year before, now I understand what’s the purpose of rain and we should feel grateful of rain! Rain is the primary source of freshwater for most areas of the world, providing suitable conditions for diverse ecosystems, as well as water for hydroelectric power plants and crop irrigation! Isn’t it great?” I explained to him, more like narrated what I’ve read before from Wikipedia.

He looked at me with a not so interested facial expression and turned his head back toward our teacher who’s busy explaining about integral.

“Yah! What’s with that behavior! You should at least thanked me for that information!” I smacked the side of his head with my book and he hissed a bit.

“We’ve learnt it since primary school…my genius Kim Jaejoong” he sneered at me and I slapped his arm.

“How dare you…”

“Kim Jaejoong-shii do you have anything to ask?” a soft but stern voice calling my name, I looked around and found all of my classmate was looking at me, I change my eyes direction and found my lovely mathematics teacher is now looking at me, well more like trying to kill me with her eyes.

“N-no seongsangnim…”

“Good then if you don’t have anything to ask I’m sure you can help me to answer this question that we’re discussing right now” she said and smile to me. For me her smile is like that smile of Joker from Batman, that smile screams “now you gonna die!”

“Shoot! What should I do? I don’t understand Integral at all!” I cursed with a low voice so that no one would hear me. I glanced to Yoochun and he won’t even look at me! Instead he’s staring at the pouring rain outside.

“I’m so gonna kick your Park!” I mouthed before decided to follow my fate and walked to the in front of the class.

 

 

oOo

 

 

5 months before

I stared at the falling rain in front of me. Aish! Why must rain fall at the time like this?

“Oh god…please stop this ing rain!” I cursed.

It’s 10 a.m now and I got a freaking date in two hours!

I looked again at my wrist watch and huffed a sigh.

If I’m not going now I’m gonna be late for sure, the distance from this place to that amusement park that we’re going to is about one and a half hour not to mention if there’s a traffic jammed.

“You’re in a hurry?” someone called me, I turned my body toward that person and stared in awe at him. He’s tall and good looking. Aish! Why am I admiring his face now?

“Yes, I got a date and I almost late by now” I answered him. He nodded his head and suddenly pulled open his umbrella. It’s a green umbrella, very weird for a mature man to hold a colorful umbrella like that.

“Let’s go, I’ll walk you to the nearest subway station” he said and smiled at me.

I hesitated for a while, staring at his figure. He doesn’t look suspicious at all, how could a handsome and neat looking guy like him becoming a criminal? It wouldn’t make any sense.

“Okay” I nodded and walk beside him under that green umbrella. Standing beside him like this I can look closer to his figure.

He’s tall…maybe ten centimeters taller than me, his skin is not as pale and white as mine, he got a manly tanned skin. His hair is a bit long but he tied it as a ponytail. He looks manly and cute at the same time.

‘Yah! Why I got mesmerized by the way he looks? I think I’m getting crazy…you got a girlfriend waiting for you, Jae! And here you staring with amazement in your eyes to the complete stranger beside you’

“Where are you going? Is it okay for you to walk me to the station like this?” I decided to asked him something, to distract myself from staring and mesmerized by his looks. This is weird, I never got effected like this with another man before. But this guy beside me makes me can’t think straight anymore.

‘You’re straight as an arrow, Jae!’

Yes! I’m not a homo! I’m a healthy straight guy!

“It’s okay, I also want to go there. I got a date with my girlfriend and she’s waiting for me there” he answered.

‘He’s also as straight as an arrow’

“What a coincidence!” I answer shortly.

That’s the end of our conversation as we walked in silence toward the station.

“Finally we’re here…” he said. I looked around and nodded my head. We reached the station.

“Thanks for the umbrella” I said and bow a little to him.

He smiled, a genuine smile “It’s not a problem, after all we’re going to the same place. Have fun on your date!” he said and patted my shoulder.

‘His hand is big and warm’

“Yes. You too” I smiled and bowed last time before decided to walk away from there.

He’s such a good guy, I wonder if we could meet again. Aish! Stupid Jaejoong! Why you didn’t ask for his name?

I turned my body, I want to at least know his name but I stopped once I saw him with a girl standing beside him. She must be her girlfriend.

“They look so good together”

 

 

oOo

 

 

“Soohyun! I’m sorry I’m late!” I bowed at the girl in front of me. Her name is Soohyun, she’s three years older than me and we’ve been dating for three months now. She’s a cute and beautiful girl. She’s not that tall, that way she would fit inside my hug. She got a long black straight hair, so soft and beautiful. I really like to touch her hair and run my finger on her long hair. Even though she’s older than me but sometimes she’s more childish than me. But I just love every side of her. I’m pretty sure we would last for a long time.

Soohyun looked at me and smiled sweetly, showing me her dimple.

“It’s okay Jaejoong-ah…let’s go now?” she said as she started to walk. That’s weird, usually when we’re together she would hold my hand or hug my arm but today she just walk before me.

I shook that thought and walk beside her.

“Jaejoong-ah I want to ride that” she pointed at merry go round in front of us. I nodded my head and pulled her hand, we walked hand in hand there.

Luckily the queue was not that long and we able to ride it as soon as we arrived there.

As the wheel started to move we kept silence inside it, she’s busy looking at the view outside.

“Jaejoong-ah…” suddenly she called me after a few minute in silence.

“Are you happy being with me? I’m older than you…” she said.

I began to panicked inside my mind but I won’t show it in front of her. I really hate this conversation because it may lead to something that I never wanted. Break up.

“Of course I’m happy, I love you and I don’t care about our age differences” I said. She averted her eyes from the view outside to me. The way she look at me seems different than usual. There’s no warmth inside that eyes.

“But it matters to me. I’m a university student, Jae-ah…and you’re just a high schooler. When we go on a date and you wore that school uniform it embarrass me, people look strangely at us and I hate the way they look at us, even my friends mocking me for going out with you” she said.

What? She hate it because people stare at us?

“B-but…”

“Let’s break up” she said with a cold tone. I stared at her eyes, waiting for her to said “I’m only joking, Jae” but as I waited for a few minute she just stare at me with that cold stare. She’s not joking.

“W-why? Just because I’m younger?”

“It’s not only ‘just’ Jae-ah! It’s more serious than that! I hate it when they people judged me”

“But I love you and you said you love me too!”

“Love won’t work, Jae-ah…I’m sorry but I want to break up with you” she said as we finished the ride. That merry go round had stopped and she walked outside. Leaving me stunned inside it.

“Sir…you’re going for another ride?” the clerk asked me and I nodded my head.

‘Umma…I get dumped’

 

 

oOo

 

 

As if mocking me for getting dumped it started to rain again when I decided to go home. I stared at the droplets of rain that got into my palm as I held my palm in front of me.

“Can you feel it? I’m hurting right now” I said to that rain. Now I was under the bus stop shelter, alone.

When I think that this relationship would last for a long time, when I think that I’m really in love with her and so do her towards me. When I’m sure that nothing would get between us suddenly it ended like this. And the reason is because of my age. Why does age that matter? It’s not like she would become a criminal if she date with someone who’s younger than her. It’s not like she would get into a jail for dating a high schooler.

“Is falling in love a crime?” I asked.

It always ended up like this. I don’t know why but I always fall for an older woman, last time I’m dating a girl five years older than me and it only lasted for a month because she want me to do ert things with her. I want to treasure my relationship with the one I love. I don’t want to do that kind of things before I’m sure that I would marry that person. And it just ended that way.

Now, I’m dating Soohyun…she’s a sweet and caring girl…

“Hey! We meet again” a low voice called me. I turned my head to my left side and there I found him. That green umbrella guy I met this morning.

“You…?”

“It’s raining again” he said and smiled at me as he fold his umbrella. I stared at him for a moment. He got something that attracted me to stare at him like this.

“How’s your date?” he asked again, finished with his umbrella.

I shake my head “She dumped me” I answered weakly.

“Eh? Why? You late?” he asked again.

I smiled, maybe he thought I god dumped because I came late. What a funny guy…

“No…well, we’re not compatible with each other” I answered.

‘I got dumped because I’m younger than her’ I added in my mind.

“How unfortunate…” he said, looking sad. Hey, that’s weird…why should he feel sad for what happened with me?

“How about you?” I asked him, he turned his head and smiled. A wide smile, his chubby cheek ascend and his eyes got even smaller. She look adorable that way.

“We’re doing good” he answered.

‘How lucky his girlfriend is to get him as her boyfriend…’

Eh? Why am I thinking that way?

“Look…that’s my bus, I’m going first. See you later” he said and waved at me. I still staring at him. Even after he get inside the bus and it departed.

“Aish! I forgot to ask his name! Stupid Jaejoong!”

 

 

oOo

 

 

“What? You met a strange guy with a green umbrella? Seriously Jae-ah…that sounded silly” said Yoochun with a straight face when I told him the reason why I suddenly love rain.

“Yah!” I slapped his head with a book in my hand.

“Ouch! That’s hurt, Jae! You want to crushed my skull with your book every day? Seriously…I might got amnesia soon…” he said as he his skull.

“That’s because you never think before you speak!”

“Jae-ah…this is really weird, you know? Since when did you change your preferences to men? Is it because you never success when it comes to woman?” he asked again and for the umpteenth time that day I slapped his forehead.

“Yah! Now you hit my forehead!” he muttered.

“I’m not gay!”

“But you like him!”

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“I am not!”

“You are!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“I don’t like him!”

“You like him!”

“I don’t like him!”

“You don’t like him”

“I like him!”

“HA! Got you Jae-ah…” Yoochun sneered.

Aish! Stupid Jaejoong! You got trapped by Yoochun! I hit him again but this time he blocked my hand before I can reach his forehead.

“Now tell me, Jae-ah…you like him, right?” he asked with a serious tone. I started to feel somewhat scared when he use that serious tone and look on me.

“It’s not like that, pabo!”

“Don’t tried to deny your feeling, Jae-ah…you can never lie to me…” he said again.

Okay, Yoochun got it right. I admit it I got attracted by him but it’s only that. Nothing more. I just like to see him. I got this calming feeling when I look at his face.

“I just like to see him, Chun-ah…it’s not love. I’m not in love with him”

Yoochun stared at me for a while, I don’t know what he want to prove by staring at me like that.

“Is that five months before the last time the two of you met?”

 

 

oOo

 

 

3 months ago

As usual, I’m waiting at the usual bus station to go home. The school had over for an hour and I’m already standing there for more than fifteen minutes.But the but never shown up. This is really frustrating...

"Urgh...when will it arrived? I wanna go home!" I mumbled. I can just run to my house but no...it's raining again today. And I'm not bringing my umbrella with me. Hell...I just remember that I never bring an umbrella.

"I should really watch a weather forecast before going to school" I said as I looked up into that dark sky...wondering when will the rain stop.

"What a coincidence! We met again!" A low voice calling me, I turned my head to my left side and I saw him. He's that green umbrella boy!

"H-hey..." I answer giddily. He looks somewhat tidier than before. He cut his hair short and dyed it auburn. His hair framed his small face perfectly. It makes him even more good looking than before. I can't help myself but stared at him in awe.

"You allright?" He asked me "Your face red" he said as he walk nearer toward me and touch my forehead with the back of his palm.

Oh my god! I'm burning!

"Your temperature is normal..." He said. I backed a few step from him and averted my eyes. Trying hard to look anywhere but him.

I'm acting strangely around him...

“I-I’m okay…” I said as i looked down on the pavement.

It’s quiet for a few minute between us, I’m busy staring on the pavement while I’m sure he’s just looking at the rain. This feels awkward.

“I really like rain…” suddenly he said.

“Eh?” I looked up and meet his eyes, he smiled at me.

“I really like rain…” he replied “Listening to the raindrop would calmed me down” he added.

I nodded my head. What should I said to him? ‘Unfortunately I really hate rain! I hate it when I’m soaked wet because of rain!’ no…I don’t think that’s a good idea.

“Today I forgot to bring an umbrella…” he said and chuckled.

“I’m in a hurry till I forget to bring my umbrella…” he added.

“You know? Suddenly my girlfriend called me and said she want to meet me, that’s why I forgot to bring my umbrella with me…but when I finally meet her she’s there, standing with a guy beside her and said that she’s dating that guy and want to end our relationship” he said, his face looked hurt and sad. He must be really in love with that girl.

I don’t know what to react upon hearing that news from him? Should I said ‘I feel sad for your lost’ no…that’s not right or should I said ‘It’s okay, you can find a better girl than her’ err…that’s a bad idea, moreover if he’s madly in love with his girlfriend.

“I’m sorry for suddenly telling you this” he chuckled, I really like the sound of his laugh.

“It’s okay” I answered shortly. It seems like i lost my ability to talk and make a long conversation, why am I suddenly like this? People said I’m a talkative but when I’m around this guy I always quiet like a mute.

He’s strange…the way he affect me is really strange.

“Actually I don’t know how should I react upon this break up…we’ve been dating for a long time and I’m sure she’s the one for me…the only one to be the mother of my children…” he said with a low voice…he sounded terribly sad now.

I know this is not my problem and his break up is not even my concern but I can’t think about that when I’m looking at him now. He’s broken. I remember how I can still live my life as usual a day after my break up, maybe because I don’t feel that hurt when she leave me. But this guy…he’s…

“I looked awful, right?” suddenly he told me as he look back at me.

That eyes…I still can remember clearly the last time we met, two months ago. He got that bright and happiness radiating from his eyes when he talked about his date but now there’s no more happiness, his eyes didn’t radiate any emotion. He looks like an empty shell. And it irritates me.

‘She already left you, you should get over her and start your life anew’ how I want to scream that to him but no…we’re a total stranger. We just meet thrice and it doesn’t mean we’re friend from that.

“I want to die…”

I can feel my heart stop beating when I heard that coming from his mouth.

“W-what?”

“I want to die…I just can’t take this anymore…” I pulled his arm, one of my hand pulling the back of his head closer to mine and sealed his lips with mine. Silencing every word that he wanted to say. His eyes widen as I kiss him on his lips. Our lips touched.

It’s just a touch of our lips. I pushed his body when I realize what I just did to him.

He stared wide eye at me and I stare back at him. Still can’t believe how I just kissed his lips like that. On our third meeting.

“W-why…?” he mouthed, he touched his lips with his long finger. I just realize he got a long and beautiful finger.

“I-I’m sorry!” I said as I run hurriedly. I don’t even care if I’m soaking wet by rain, I just run and run away from that place. Leaving him stunned. I’m crazy!

 

 

oOo

 

 

“Wow…you kissed him?” Yoochun asked me with a surprised more like a bewildered look on his eyes.

I nodded my head, my face already red like an apple.

“I never know you like to kiss a man” he said again while covering his mouth. Urgh…I really want to kick him!

“I won’t kiss you, wide forehead!”

“Yah! Stop abusing my forehead…” he pouted and cover his forehead with his hair “So…you kissed him yet you still don’t want to admit that you love him? Come on Jaejoong-ah…you kissed him!”

“So? If I kiss you now it means I love you?”

Yoochun’s eyes widen as he backed a few step from me.

“I said I won’t kiss you! Aish…I’m not a guy who would go around kissing every good looking guy that I met!”

“You admit that I’m good looking” Yoochun snickered. This guy…

SLAP

“OUCH!”

“Serve you right!” I hit him again, with my English dictionary.

“Joongie Hyung!” a dolphin voice called me, I turned my body and I saw him. Kim Junsu, my younger brother running to us. I glanced at Yoochun and I feel it amusing when I saw a smile crept on his face. I know it…he had a feelings for my brother.

“If you keep harassing me with your words I would never let you touch my Junsu!” I nudged his waist with my elbow. Yoochun only grinned at me.

“Hyung! Can I borrow your English dictionary? I got an English class after this…” he said when he finally in front of us.

“Owh…but I already lent my dictionary to someone else. Chun-ah, you can lend Junsu your dictionary, right?” I asked Yoochun who stood in silence beside me.

“O-okay…” he said with stuttered and walked toward our classroom to get his dictionary.

“Here it is” he said as he handed it to Junsu.

“Thank you Yoochun hyung…” Junsu said and bowed a little, earning a faint shade of pink on Yoochun’s cheek.

“Oh! I heard from the girls in my class that there would be a new transfer student in your class hyung. They’ve been talking about that since morning…” Junsu informed me.

I didn’t even know about that. Even if it’s something related to my class. I’ve been busy staring at the rain outside.

 

 

oOo

 

 

So what Junsu said was right. There’s a new transfer student in my class. Suddenly my homeroom teacher walk inside our class even if this is not her lesson.

“So, today we got a new transfer student. He’s a bit late today. Come in, Yunho-shii” she said as the door slowly opened.

A guy that a few centimetres taller than me walked inside our classroom.  I can feel my breath hitched as I saw him. All of my blood rushing to my head. My face was already red like a tomato by now.

His skin is a darker than mine and his hair…he dyed it black now. It’s a bit longer that the last time I saw him and his eyes…finally I saw that spark in his eyes again.

“My name is Jung Yunho, nice to meet you all” he said with a smile on his face and bowed a little.

Jung Yunho…finally I know your name, my green umbrella guy.

I can’t help but stare at him, I know how Yoochun looking at me with a strange look on his face but I don’t even want to spare my attention from Yunho.

Yunho looking around that class when finally our eyes met. He stared at me for a moment before a wide grin appeared on his small yet handsome face.

And that’s when I feel like I want to jump from my seat, he walked toward me. Yoochun, my classmate even my homeroom teacher staring at us, wondering what happened with that new guy who suddenly approached Kim Jaejoong.

He stand before me “Kim Jaejoong, finally I found you” he said with a wide smile on his face. My heart…I can’t even feel it’s beating because it’s too fast for me to handle. I’m sure I would got a heart attack soon.

But all the surprised was not yet ended, suddenly he pulled my arm until I stand on my feet and kiss me on my lips. Yoochun gasp, my other classmate-the girls-shrieking, my teacher…I don’t know but I’m sure she would be more than shocked to see that new guy kissing me.

“A pay back” he said when he ended our kiss.

Yoochun…I admit it, I’m in love with this guy. My green umbrella guy.

 

 

 

-THE END-