Burnt Kimchi

Burnt Kimchi

Jonghyun walked across the room, passing the interviewers pestering him. One woman pushed in front of him and shoved a nasty microphone in his face. He scowled then pushed the noona away, getting dirty looks from the others. He craned his neck to look over the people crowding in front of him. It was a stupid after party, meant for him and his band members. But at the moment he was completely focused on finding a certain person. He knew that person had to be there, somewhere. He caught sight of Minho, who was eyeing his hyung, Onew. Onew was standing awkwardly smiling at the cameras that surrounded him. They all knew this was going to be on TV and that there was no time for embarrassing mistakes. SMEnternainment already threatened for a salary cut because of the last incident. Let’s just say Onew’s ttakbam didn’t go to well during one of the interviews. Jonghyun kept looking. He sighed and pushed passed some more people he didn’t recognize, and came across Taemin.

          “Taemin-ah, where’s Key?” Taemin looked up with a thoughtful look.

          “Uh, I think he went to the hwajangshil.” He replied. Jonghyun nodded and walked passed Taemin, who just watched him leave. Once Jonghyun got to the bathroom, he slowly opened the door.

“Anae?” he whispered through the half-opened door. “You there?”

“Go away.” A meek voice answered back.

“Agaya, don’t be mad. Jebal?” He noticed Key leaning over the sink, one hand covering his eyes, the other resting on the sink. Jonghyun walked in and leaned against Key. “Anae, when we get home, how about I make you dinner?” Key shoved Jonghyun off him.

“No. Go away.” Key glared at him. “I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Ah, well we both know that’s not true! Kibummie, let’s get out of here, I’ll explain on the way home, ne?”

“Aniyo” He turned away from Jonghyun.

“Yahhh, Kibummie-”

“Leave.”

“But Key-“

“GO!” Key whirled around hitting Jonghyun across the face. They both were shocked at what just happened. Standing there with disbelief across his face, Jonghyun felt his emotions reeling up to his throat. After a few awkward moments passed, Jonghyun turned around, and left.

 

 

Later that night, after the party’s end, Key returned to Jonghyun’s and his shared apartment feeling drunk and tired, praying that Jonghyun wasn’t there. But to his dismay, the door was unlocked and the lights were on. He walked in as quietly as he could just to find out Jonghyun had the table set for two, and what smelled like burning kimchi on the stove. “Yahh….” He said sleepily. Key stood there with mixed feelings. Kimchi was his favorite. But at this hour? It was a little past mid-night. If he ate, it would surely upset his stomach. He felt muscular arms wind around his waist. “No, please no.” Jonghyun walked in front of Key and stared him straight in the face.

“Yes, please yes.” A smile twitched on his face. Key puffed out his cheeks. Jonghyun kissed them. “Now come one, let’s eat. If you’re going to throw up, better to have something in your stomach to throw up!”

“That’s disgusting logic.”

“Yeah, well it works.”

Key glanced at the pot and after a moment or two responded with a soft “ne”.

Jonghyun took Key’s bags from him and led him to the table. “Sit”. Key glanced up at Jonghyun with an apologetic look, which made Jonghyun grin.

“Jonghyun-ah, Jaesonghamnida…” Key fiddled with his fingers, glancing up at the standing Jonghyun.

Jonghyun giggled and replied with, “Aniyo, Key.Geugeoseun nae jalmosieossda.” His voice was sincere, and he placed his hand on Key’s cheek. “I shouldn’t have done what I did. It was wrong of me, I was just playing around. Kissing Minho was a mistake. Onew wasn’t too happy with me either…I swear I didn’t mean it. That wasn’t my way of hurting you. It was in the moment. That was a horrible thing for me to do… ”

“Yah- but don’t forget, I shouldn’t have slapped you!”

“Eh, well, I deserved it.” Jonghyun leaned forward and softly kissed Kibum, whose eyes fluttered shut. Key grabbed Jonghyun’s hair, pulling the kiss in deeper.

“Jjong. You are mine.” He whispered softy into Jonghyun’s ear. Jjong smiled and kissed him again, showing his agreement to the statement.

          Jonghyun took the kimchi off the stove and frowned. Key looked at him with amusement. “Appa, this is what happens when you try to cook, leave that to umma.” Jonghyun smiled widely at the remark.

 What happened was in the past. And everything is alright in the present. (And the hangover is for the future morning)