chapter one

Under His Gaze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was – no, is still – a dream. The young girl dreamt of herself in glorious clothes, surrounded by her handsome prince charming whose face was too blurry to remember the exact details and scenes where she would squeal at their intimacy. Fourteen years old wouldn’t be able to understand what acting meant, what having a dream meant. She saw it as a place full of sunshine daisies and her life was a bed of roses waiting for her to lie on.

Years past and her dream still stayed. She never wavered from what she wanted – and yes she is unfortunately, stubborn – and her dream did not changed, if not brightened. This was what she wanted to do and she knows she would not allow anyone to change her.

No longer at the sweet tender, naïve age of fourteen, where dreams are full of sunshine and rainbows, where the bed of rose of waiting for her to claim her rightful spot. She learns that no life is a bed of rose; she learnt to deal with the pricks of the thorns as she climbs her way through her setbacks because this was what she wanted.

Im Yoona was no longer the innocent young girl who dreamt of a place where her prince charming would sweep her feet off with a kiss and brings her to their ‘happily ever after’. Now, at the charming mature age of eighteen, Yoona understood more as she sees more in every passing day.

She was, undoubtedly, still tender and sweet. Living akin to a sheltered and cared for flower, she yearns to bloom, to reach out for the sun. Scared as she is, she is determined. She is not afraid of the constant setbacks that would appear in her long (windy) road to where she wants to be, what she wants to do.

“Mother, oh Mother, please!” her sweet voice pleaded, her smooth voice laced with the slightest frustration and exasperation.

“Yoona dear, what reactions are you expecting out of me, your poor mother?  This, this atrocious piece of news, your father would have smacked you,” it was clear where Yoona had gotten her stubborn genres from – her mother was yet another stubborn woman.

“Mother, I’m sure Father would have allowed,” Yoona pouted slightly, angered and sadden by her mother’s refusal, “Father would have wanted me to do something I’d like.”

“Your father wanted you as a lawyer, Yoona darling,” Madame Im blantly ignored her daughter’s attempt to persuade her.

“Mother!” her voice was at a higher pitch than before, “This is what I yearned to do, and no one – not even you, Mother – would sway me!”

Madame Im sighed as she surveyed her willful daughter before relenting – slightly.

“We shall hear your father’s opinion, then.”

Yoona, almost unable to contain her b excitement, did a happy (and very silly) dance behind her bemused mother who pretended she had saw nothing just to save her stubborn daughter’s pride.

 

 

The day had set out quite beautifully well – that is, until Choi Minho had managed to get himself soaked throughout because someone happened to accidently dump a bucket of cold water all over him.

Cursing to himself, Minho did not take much of a second glance behind him as he continued his journey to his destination. The snickers behind him faded into the background and Minho sighed, before slip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter