Final

What the Heart Desires

 

Sandeul's POV
 
 
 
     The audience is in silence. It feels like I'm going to drag myself out from the stage. All eyes are on me, waiting for my first key to press on the piano. I'll be playing one of the masterpiece of the 19th century, and everyone was expecting that it would be successful and breathtaking.
 
 
     "Sandeul-sshi, that was .. awesome !" Ms. Park praised me as soon as I went backstage after my performance. I felt relieved though, knowing that I have done so much well.
 
 
 
     Since that time, my teacher offered me to share my knowledge about playing the insturment during piano lessons. I definitely would love to do it since I'll be teaching my former classmates. I would love to share my knowledge about it.
 
 
 
     "Lee Sandeul." a new student had arrived and I caught her repeating my name after Ms. Park, our instructor, introduced me to her.
 
 
     "I'm Hyun Gi." she said and bowed. Her name was nice .. so as she. Her voice sounds like an angel's, and her face is so innocent that you will be stunned as soon as she shows her beautiful smile.
 
 
     For some time she would she would capture my attention while she is playing the piano during breaktime, when she is alone inside the room. Watching and listening from the corner, the music she's playing is so pleasant to the eras. Sometimes she would even sing a song. I would seldom sing with her, making her surprised and soon she'll stop playing.
 
 
     "Sir." she blurted out.
 
 
     "Just continue." I said and as I sat beside her, she continued playing the piano majestically, with her beautiful voice accompanying the lovely tone.
 
 
     And soon I literally fell in love with her as time passed by. I would oftentimes send her home, even if how many times she insisted not to.
 
 
     But it was odd to say that eveytime I send her home, I will sight her father glaring at me. I don't know but everytime I remember the stare it seems that he has a plan for me. But I erased those thoughts off.
 
 
     Next day, I just found out Gi wasn't around. Since yesterday, I never felt her presence. There was no call nor messages from her. I thought maybe she just too busy. She mentioned to me before that her family is a bundle of well-known lawyers in the country and maybe she was with them. I respect her privacy though. We're just dating but we're not YET official.
 
 
     The next days had somewhat been a nightmare to me. Without Gi, my days became boring. I tried to contact her. This uncontrollable feeling is just so strong.
 
 
     As soon as the 5th days of her absence has arrived, I got the courage to go to her residence. Maybe something had happened. I thought.
 
 
     Just when I was about to go out of the building, Gi arrived, with her unusual aura. Sadness filled her face and those sad eyes are worrying me what had really happened to her.
 
 
     We went to a nearby cafe to talk about her problem.
 
 
     "I'm sorry, Sandeul, but I can't continue this anymore."
 
 
     The statement buried in my mind. I was so much filled up with my worries that my voice was trembling, "W-Why ?"
 
 
     "You see ... my parents are against this one. I have passion for music and piano. I even dreamt to perform on stage, playing the song I've practiced since I was young. That's when I saw you perform the masterpiece I liked the most. I got so much inspired and since then .. I started admiring you."
 
 
     I looked at her intently and held her soft yet cold hands. I never expected she would confess the same feeling to me.
 
 
     "I'm sorry, Sandeul, but I have to go."
 
 
     She left me, feeling so dumbfounded.
 
 
     All my plans and dreams dashed. I lost contact with her; and I also gave up teaching piano lessons. Worst is that, I quit learning it.
 
 
     Years passed and after 2 years, I got my interest back in music. Gi never left my mind; and even though I felt hopeless, I know, going back to teaching piano lessons will be a big way for me to find her back.
 
     I easily got my job back and started to teach, and inspire the younger ones through the power of music.
 
     One day a company had unexpectedly asked me to perform in a theater. This is my chance. I remembered what Gi had told me before : maybe she will attend the event once she knew I will be performing.
 
 
     I do hope she still remembered me.
 
 
------
 
     Taking a deep breath, I started playing the hardest masterpiece of all time : the one made by the most popular musik maker in the world.
 
 
      I just saw everyone in a standing ovation after the performance. 
 
 
     Somehow after so many years I still managed to impress the audience with my ability.
 
 
     When I went backstage, the first person that caught my eyes was ... Gi.
 
 
     She's back.
 
 
     "You see .. uh, I came back for y-"
 
 
     I didn't let her finish the statement and instead I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her happily.
 
 
     I just felt her arms hugging me back. "You didn't fail to impress me again." she said.
 
 
     "This motivation is all because of you."
 
 
     "Jinjja ?"
 
 
     "Yes." after that, I kissed her forehead.
 
 
     "So it means it was all worth it."
 
 
     "What ?" I asked, quite confused.
 
 
     "I followed my heart although it was hard. Reaching my dream was all in my mind." then she smiled. "Although a bigger part of it was you."
 
 
     We both laughed at what she said.
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N : Waaaaah~ I hope you liked it. I made Sandeul turn into a serious type person .. although he's really a dork .. XD