It was another day, just a simple day. Or so I thought.

Just A Normal Day

 

“Ugh.” I groggily started to break through a night of slumber. As usual my keyboard and music sheets were strewn out on my bed next to me. My alarm clock rang in my ear nonstop. “Oh shut up you stupid alarm!” I knocked my clock off my bedside along with my glass of water making the glass shatter and the water leak onto the alarm.

Great! Now I have to go buy a new alarm clock after work! Oh god, work! I crawled out of bed and rushed around my small studio apartment to get ready. But before you follow my morning ritual let me explain who I am.

                My name is Jung Jinyoung and I’m twenty-two years old. I live in Seoul, South Korea as an aspiring song writer. So far it’s not working out as I planned. So I work full time at a convenience store. Everyday is pretty much the same for me. Wake up, get ready for work and sit there as a numb worker then go home and repeat. On occasions my two best friends Junghwan and Gongchan show up to hang out. Other than that, pretty simple.

I arrived at work late of course and went through the day in a daze. At least until he walked in. A muscular man with black and purple hair. He automatically caught my attention but I didn’t let him know that. He crept around the store slowly.

                 “Why are you staring at me?”  He simply asked his voice deep like a bass guitar. It sounded almost as musical as one as it sent chills down my spine. His dark eyes making my heart stop like a bolt of electricity.

                “Excuse me?”  Was all I could say after the trance he had put me in.

                He chuckled and walked closer, holding a soda and chips. A small smirk playing on his lips. “Why are you staring at me Jinyoung?”

                He knew my name? How did he know my name? My eyes must have radiated the question bouncing in my mind because he leaned over the counter that was keeping us apart to fondle my name tag slightly causing my cheeks to become hot as I blushed.

                “Your face is as red as your hair.” He simply stated with that cocky grin still plastered on his face. I slapped his hand that was still on my tag. “Wow! Feisty red head!” His loud laughed boomed throughout the small store. “So why were you staring?” He asked once again.

                “I wasn’t aware that I was.” I averted my gaze from his much stronger one.

                “Well you were.” He placed his chips and soda on the counter. “Get me a pack of cigarettes too please Jinyoung?” He cooed my name softly causing my cheeks to flush again. I could feel his eyes on me I reached for his cigarettes. I still felt them as I checked out his items and bagged them.

                “Thanks Jin.” That cocky smile appeared on his lips again as he grabbed his things and pulled a cigarette from his pack and placed it in between his thick lips.

                As he began to walk away I called out to him. “Those things will kill you.” This made him stop mid step.

                He looked back at me slightly, though I could only see his profile. “Don’t most things?” With that he was gone.