Liar, Liar.

Culture Shock

Seungmi’s POV:

“Morgan.  Morgan~”

A familiar, male voice broke through my foggy haze of troubled sleep.  It was speaking my real name.

“Morgan.  Wake up, sweetheart.”

Who was it?  Was it…my dad?  No, it couldn’t possibly be him.  My parents were dead.  Was it one of my brothers?  I felt so close to them again; the sound of my birth name drew me back to America, back to Florida, back to my home.

“Morgan.”

As I slipped further into consciousness, I could feel bright, warm sunshine on my face and a smile flickered onto my lips.  I must really be back in Florida; it’s so nice to be home.

“Wake up.”

The voice rang again, and with a burst of energy, I managed to crack open my heavy eyelids.  I immediately squinted against the early evening sunlight.

The sounds of birds chirping, children playing, and a fountain flowing all reached my ears.  I frowned and sat up straighter on the hard seat beneath me.

My weak, sensitive eyes took in my blurry surroundings and I realized that I was, in fact, not in Florida.  I was sitting on a wooden bench in a downtown city park, with tall, skyscrapers all around me.

I was still in Seoul, South Korea.

So, who had been speaking—

I suddenly became aware of the figure sitting beside me on the bench.  He was tall, dark, and handsome, and was bouncing a soccer ball off of the tips of his feet.

Minho.

“Seungmi, you’re awake,” he announced cheerfully, reaching out to catch the soccer ball before it rolled away.  He continued bouncing it.  “I was beginning to think you would sleep until morning.”

I watched him for a moment and laid a palm to my throbbing head.  “Minho,” I mumbled.  “Minho, what happened?  Why are we—”  I glanced out into the peaceful park.  “Here?”

“I figured you could use some fresh air.”  He smiled at me.  “Besides, while you slept on this bench, it gave me a chance to go play soccer with those kids over there.  They were some feisty competitors, let me tell you.”

I gazed at the children playing soccer across the field and then turned back to Minho.  “Why did I need fresh air?”  My brain really couldn’t remember anything.

Minho didn’t answer; he merely began twirling the soccer ball on his finger, biting his lip with concentration.

“And, were you the one saying my real name?”

“You ask too many questions, Seungmi,” he replied as he dropped the soccer ball.  It landed on the green grass with a soft thump.

 “It was you,” I growled.  “Don’t call me by my real name.  It has nothing to do with me anymore.”

Annoyed and disorientated, I rose from the bench and began to walk away.  My legs felt like jelly.

Minho’s long, warm fingers suddenly wrapped around my wrist and I realized I wasn’t going anywhere.  He barely had to flex his muscles to keep me from moving.  He pulled me backwards, and my body flopped back onto the bench like a rag doll.

“It has everything to do with you, Miss Seungmi,” he said.  He wore a serious expression.  “And, you are going to tell me everything…right now.”

I searched his handsome features, illuminated perfectly by the setting sun.  A butterfly danced around our heads.

“Your past.”

He spoke those words, as if to clarify his expectations, and a sour look instantly settled onto my face.  I scowled at him and turned away, folding my arms across my chest like a child.  “You don’t need to know,” I muttered.

“Yes, I do,” he shot back, rolling the soccer ball between his hands.  “What happened to Morgan?”

“She never got on the plane in Jacksonville,” I spat glumly, staring off into the green, leafy trees.  “She might as well have died that day in August.”

“Really?” Minho asked, and I bristled as I felt his hand brush against my hair.  “Because if you ask me, I think I’m looking at her right now.”  He gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, but I twisted away from his touch.  “Don’t be ashamed of your past, Seungmi.  Don’t run away from it because it’s only catching up with you that much faster now.  You were almost killed today…for the third time, I might add.”

I glanced over at him.  “What exactly happened this afternoon?”

“You don’t remember?”

“Just bits and pieces,” I said.  “I remember the biology lab…and not being able to breathe.  Everything else is sort of a blur of panicking.”

Minho nodded.  “That’s understandable.”  His hand was still resting on my hair.  “You were gassed, Seungmi.  Somebody locked the door to your classroom and released hydrogen cyanide from the air vents.”

My brows rose a bit.  “Hydrogen cyanide?” I repeated before translating it into English. 

“Yup,” Minho replied gravely.  “Bad stuff.  Nazi Germany used it in the concentration camps back in World War Two.  You pretty much die after twenty minutes of inhalation.  We were lucky I found you in time, Mi.”

I had to swallow back the wave of nausea that threatened to come up.  I had been gassed…like I was in the Holocaust?!  Who would do such a thing—

Oh, right.  Them.

“So, how about it, Morgan?”  Minho spoke my name again.  “Tell me why people are trying to murder you.”

“How-how do you know that was a direct attack on me?” I asked defensively.  “I could have just been the unlucky target of some insane serial killer.”

“Yeah, right.  I’m not falling for that excuse again,” he snapped.  “You tried to use that when somebody committed arson on your apartment, and yes…it did seem plausible, then.  However, the attacks seemed to follow you.”

I narrowed my eyes at him, but he continued speaking.

“Somebody dropped snakes into our penthouse,” he said, and I shuddered as I remembered the large, ugly vipers.  “Somehow, they knew exactly which room you were in, and they released the snakes directly into there.  You could have died instantly.  That’s when I began to question how innocent you really are in this whole mess.  And, now this.  You were specifically targeted in your biology lab.  It’s you, Seungmi.  It’s because of you.”

I huffed in frustration and leapt to my feet again.  I really didn’t want to talk about this.  “I’m leaving,” I muttered, but apparently, I wasn’t.

“Sit,” he barked before yanking me back down to the bench.  I landed with a thud.

Angry tears were now glistening in my eyes and my temper was slowly climbing.  “Don’t shoot your mouth off like you know everything,” I growled, though my voice was shaking.  “How do you know it’s connected to what I’ve done in the past, huh?  It really could be random acts of violence targeted against me!  How do you know I’m guilty of something?!  You have no proof, Minho.”

He dropped the soccer ball, gently grabbed my cheeks, and forced me to stare into his luscious, brown eyes.  The rest of the park faded away as I gazed into those two deep, chocolate pools.  They seemed to relax me; I felt my own eyes growing heavy.

His voice was deep and sensual.  “I heard what you said that night in the hospital.”

My eyes shot open wide.  “What?” I gasped, leaning away from him.  “What night in the hospital?  What are you talking about?”  But, I already knew.

“When I was in the hospital because Kibum turned my peanut allergy against me…I had to miss our concert that one night.  And, you came to visit me.  You thought I was asleep, but…”  He chuckled and his thumb gently caressed my cheek.  “I was awake.  I heard everything.  Your voice, your tears, your real name, and your confession of what you’d done in the past.  You said bad people are looking for you, Seungmi.”

Every muscle in my body grew tense.  Minho had me backed into a corner, and he knew it.  His intense gaze would not leave my own.

“So, explain,” he commanded.

The tears in my eyes grew stronger.  “M-Minho,” I squeaked, my lower lip quivering.  “I can’t.  You don’t understand.  What happened –what I did– I worked so hard these past eight months to bury it and suppress it.  I can’t…I can’t relive it.”

One tiny tear rolled down my cheek, but Minho gently brushed it away.  “It’s okay, Seungmi,” he murmured, and his voice was gentler now.  “It’s just me.  You can tell me anything and I will love you just as much as I did before.  In fact, I will even help you!  I will make you safe again.”  He wiped away another tear.  “But, you have to tell me first.  I can’t do anything unless you tell me.”

Still sniffling, I kicked my flip-flops off into the grass below and drew my legs up onto the bench, getting comfortable for this story.  Minho turned to fully face me, as well, and he took my hands into his own for comfort.

My watery eyes glanced around at the half-empty park.  As it was nearing eight o’clock and the sky was growing purple, most people were clearing out and going home.  Only an artist, a romantic couple, and two old men playing chess were left.

I felt less self-conscious about retelling this story.

“Minho.”  I spoke his name through a shaky sigh.  “Do you remember at Key’s birthday party last September, when I said I’d never had alcohol before?”

He nodded curiously.

“That was a lie,” I said shamefully.  “I’d had it before…when my two best friends and I went to Las Vegas in April of 2009.  It was spring break of our senior year, and our parents treated us to a vacation in our choice of cities.  My wild friend, Vanessa, chose Vegas.”

“So, what exactly happened?” he asked, and I smirked bitterly.

“It was one of our last nights there in Vegas,” I replied.  “Vanessa surprised us with fake ID’s and we got into a casino first, then a bar.  From there, it just went downhill.”

Minho listened intently.

=========================================================================

I’d had a little bit too much to drink.

This crowded, upscale Las Vegas bar began to spin around me.  The shouts and cheers of drunken people –particularly from my best friend Vanessa dancing on the bar counter– sounded like a huge bumblebee buzzing in my ears.

I set my half-finished drink down on the shiny counter and decided to go for some fresh air.  My other best friend, January, frowned as she watched me leave.

“Morgan!” she called out, hurrying through the crowds of people towards me.  “Morgan, where are you going?”

“Just to get some air,” I replied.  “It’s getting a little too crowded in here for me.”

“Well, come back soon, okay?” she said excitedly.  “I heard Vanessa’s gonna start the body shots.”

Doesn’t surprise me,I thought.

But, I merely smiled at my pretty, blonde friend and nodded.  “I’ll be back.”

She returned to the party and I threaded my way through the crowds of people until I reached the secluded back door of the bar.  I let myself out into the alleyway beyond and out into the cool, Nevada evening.

My lungs took a deep breath of the desert air.

I stepped around some dirty puddles on the cement below and leaned against the wall of the building, closing my eyes and trying to relax.

My head was still throbbing, protesting the high level of alcohol I’d put into my body.  I really wished I had some water at that moment.

After a few more minutes of standing in this dark, empty Las Vegas alleyway, a noise suddenly reached my ears.  It sounded like a large crash –like trash cans falling over– and it was coming from around the corner of the building.

A body hit the ground next, and I frowned to myself.  I stumbled towards the corner to investigate.

“No, please!” I heard a man cry out.  “Please, have mercy.  I just need a little more time.”

A silent gasp left my lips as I stealthily peeked around the corner.  In the connecting alleyway, an older man was down on the dirty cement, and a young woman about my age was standing over him, pointing a gun directly between his eyes.

My heart raced.

“We gave you plenty of time,” she said in accented English.  “No more.”  She cocked the gun.

“Please!” the man cried.  “I have a wife and kids!  Please, don’t shoot!  Don’t—”

The gunshot echoed off the alleyways, and I nearly jumped out of my skin.  A thin layer of cold sweat coated my body.

With wide, frightened eyes, I watched the girl as she knelt down beside the dead man and put the gun in his palm and slipped a note into his pocket.

My lips parted in shock.

She was making it look like suicide.

The girl then stood back up, her ebony hair swishing from side-to-side, and she whipped her head in my direction faster than I could react and hide.  Her face was covered by a mask, exposing only her two wide and slightly slanted eyes.

She was Oriental…and she was beautiful.

I began to quiver in place as she and I stared at each other for a few, torturous moments.  My intoxicated brain ran wild; I didn’t know whether I should run for it or stay put.

This assassin could pull a gun on me any second.

Finally, though, it seemed that luck was on my side.  She her heel and vaulted on top of a nearby dumpster and then leapt up and grabbed onto a nearby fire escape, where she scurried up and onto the rooftop of the bar.

“Wow,” I whispered, partly amazed, partly relieved.  “She’s like a ninja.”

I shook my head, trying to forget everything I’d just seen, and hurried back inside.

==============================================================================

Minho was staring at me, one eyebrow arched suspiciously.  “So, let me get this straight,” he said.  “You witnessed some Asian chick shoot a guy and you didn’t do anything about it.  Are you retarded?”

“Shut up!” I snapped as I shoved him slightly.  “I was drunk!  You know how it is when you’re drunk; you can’t think straight.  Besides, that girl was scary.  Like a real-life ninja.  She could have killed me before I knew it.”

“So, is that it?” he asked.  “That’s your story?”

“I’m about to hit you in the head with this soccer ball,” I said.  “Just listen.”

Minho playfully made a face at me, but did as he was told.  He grew quiet again and listened.

=========================================================================

It was nearing midnight in Las Vegas.

I’d gone back into the bar, had a few more drinks, and loosened back up again.  Vanessa had taken part in body shots a little while ago, and then she had disappeared into a back room with the guy she did them with.

January and I were too gone to stop her.

Once she emerged again, her brown hair slightly messy, we decided to split this joint and find another party to spend the rest of the night at.  We left the bar together and emerged out into the bustling, city sidewalk.

Now, we were driving through the bright streets lined with flashing, neon signs advertising every kind of vice you could think of.  I was driving, January was in the passenger seat, and Vanessa was behind me in the backseat.  We had the top down of this convertible Volkswagen Beetle.

The Volkswagen Beetle that wasn’t ours.

Vanessa had hotwired it from the parking lot of our hotel earlier tonight, and we were taking it for a joyride now, with the top down and rap music blasting at full volume.

All three of us were rapping and dancing right along with the music; not to mention I was still incredibly intoxicated and should not be operating a motor vehicle.

But, did that thought cross my mind?

Not until the accident happened.

We were driving towards the outskirts of Las Vegas; the crowds and the traffic had died down slightly.  My friends and I were singing along loudly to the radio, and I didn’t even see the approaching intersection until it was too late.

“Morgan, stop!” January suddenly screeched as I ran a red light and the headlights of another car shone directly to my right.

I didn’t even feel the impact.

It was like my brain detached from my body.

The other car –a red, expensive Ferrari– slammed straight into the right side of this car; straight into my dear friend January.  The airbags deployed and the Beetle went spinning across the intersection.  I opened my mouth to scream, but it felt like nothing came out.  I couldn’t make a sound

All I could hear was this dull ringing in my ears…and all I could see were the spinning city lights around me.

After what seemed like an eternity, the car finally skidded to a halt, and the lights and sirens of police cars were fast approaching us.  My heart raced behind my chest.

“Girls, let’s move,” I barked, unbuckling my seatbelt and opening the dented door of my side.

Vanessa was the only one who moved; January did not even flinch.  Blood was pooling at her feet, and her body was mangled and mutilated into the twisted metal of her side of the car, where the accident had been.  If I looked hard enough, it almost seemed as if her body had been severed in half from the impact of the other car.

Nausea rolled through my body, but I quickly ignored it for the sake of escaping.

“C’mon, go!” Vanessa snapped as she got out of the car, grabbed my arm, and yanked me from my seat.

We began to flee the scene of the accident, our high-heels clicking against the asphalt.  It wasn’t long before we heard slamming of more car doors and more footsteps running after us, and I knew exactly who it was.

The police.

I pulled Vanessa off the road and up onto the busy Vegas sidewalk, and we weaved our way through crowds and crowds of people.  But, the law was close on our heels.

“Just keep going!” I said to my friend.  “We have to hide!”

We continued sprinting for our lives, ignoring the bruises, scratched, and possible broken limbs from the car accident.

My blurry eyes suddenly spotted another large, dark alleyway up ahead between two flashy casinos and I grabbed Vanessa’s tan elbow.  “There!” I said, pointing ahead.  “Let’s go there!”

Her body suddenly hit the sidewalk below as she tripped on her own two feet.  “Morgan!” she screamed.  “Morgan, help!”  But, I knew that was the end for her.  She was done for; probably going to prison for years.

Maybe it was the alcohol in my brain that compelled me to keep running instead of stopping and helping my friend.  I didn’t know, but I didn’t care.  I continued forward and eventually ducked inside the alleyway, hiding away in the alcove of an old, abandoned store.

The gunfire soon ceased and I stayed completely still as several officers ran through the alleyway, searching for me.  When they disappeared altogether, I breathed a sigh of relief.

I was safe.

“Hiding from the law?”

I nearly dropped dead of a heart attack.  Somebody was directly behind me; I could sense it.  My entire body began to tremble.

“Don’t worry,” the shadow –a girl– said.  “I’m not going to hurt you.”

I stepped away from her, out into the alleyway, and she followed me.  I turned around to face her and I gave an audible gasp.

“You’re that…that girl from earlier!” I whispered as I took in her appearance.  Same long, black hair, same dark, Oriental eyes, and the same mask covering her nose and mouth.

My heart continued to race.  “What do you want with me?” I demanded.  “Have you been following me?!”

“Of course.”  She smirked beneath her mask.  “You witnessed one of my assassinations.  I had to follow you and make sure you weren’t going to tell the police.  But, from the looks of your current situation…it seems the police are the last people you want to see.”

I rolled my eyes.  “You’re right,” I muttered.

The accident –the fact that my best friend was dead and the other one had been arrested– had yet to sink in.  I rubbed my throbbing forehead.

“What are you going to do now?” the girl asked.  “You’re in big trouble.  Manslaughter, hit-and-run, driving under the influence…you name it.”  Her accent was so pretty; what was it?  Chinese?  Japanese?  I didn’t know enough to tell.

“I don’t know,” I whined, leaning against a nearby wall.  “I don’t know.  I screwed up big time, I know.  They’re going to find me; there’s no way I can hide forever.  I just…”  Tears were welling up in my eyes.  “I don’t know what to do.”  I slid down the wall and buried my face in my palms.

The girl’s mysterious eyes seemed to pierce right through me.  “I can help you,” was all she said.

I looked up from my hands and frowned at her.  “W-what?” I asked. 

“I can help you.”  She crouched down beside me and handed me a white, business card.  “I work for loan sharks,” she explained.  “Because of my ‘special’ skills, I assassinate people who haven’t paid their debts, and in return, my debt gets paid off.  Give my boss a call, and for a hefty price, he’ll cover up this whole mess for you.  He’s done it before.”

I stared at the card in my hand.  The boss's last name was in Russian and a phone number was scrawled underneath it.  “Loan sharks?” I finally murmured.  I was skeptical.  “I don’t…I don’t have the money to pay you guys back.  I mean, I’m going to college in the fall and—”

“Would you rather go to prison in the fall?” the girl asked.  “We give you a year to pay us back.  That's more than enough time.  But, if you don’t follow up, then…you might just find me outside your window one night.”

I was still skeptical.  My hand trembled ever so slightly as I gripped the card.

“Look, I don’t think you have any other options beside prison,” she said with a bitter laugh.  “Maybe even death row.  Illegal gambling, illegal drinking, manslaughter, driving under—”

“Okay, okay!” I snapped, chopping the air with my hand.  “I got it.  I know I’m a criminal.”

“So, give him a call,” the girl insisted.  “He’ll tip off the state of Nevada, and this whole mess will go poof!”  She snapped her fingers in midair.  “It disappears.”

I heaved a sigh of defeat.  “Okay,” I muttered.  “I’ll do it.”

The girl rose up on her long, slender legs and I stood up beside her.  “Go,” she said.  “You don’t have much time.  If you call him right now, you can probably meet tonight and take care of this issue.  I have to go somewhere else myself.”

She pushed past me and began to disappear into the dark alleyway.

“Thank you!” I called after her with a tiny wave of my hand.

“Don’t thank me,” was all she said.

===============================================================================

Silence descended between Minho and me for many moments.  He could only stare at me, eyes wide and lips apart, until he finally looked away from me and stared out into the quiet park.

I winced to myself and swallowed around a lump in my throat.  I knew this would be hard for Minho to stomach.

“Seungmi.”

I expected him to say something else, but he didn’t.  He merely dragged his hands across his face while shaking his head.  His newly-dyed locks of dark-brown hair swished slightly in the breeze.

“Seungmi,” he finally said, turning his eyes back upon me.  “What…what are you talking about?!  That can’t be true.  You couldn’t have done that.”  He vigorously shook his head.  “There’s no way.”

“It’s true, Minho,” I squeaked.  “I’m a criminal.”  I hugged my knees to my chest for protection.

“You are a criminal,” Minho replied, and the forceful tone of his voice frightened me.  “You are a lying criminal, Seungmi!  You lied to us all.  You’re a fraud.  You told us—”

He stopped suddenly when he noticed the tears rolling silently down my cheeks.  He cringed and heaved a small sigh before gathering me into his embrace.

“I’m sorry,” he murmured.  “I didn’t mean to say those things.  I’m just shocked; more than shocked.  Seungmi, how could you hide all of that from us?  From me, the one who loves you most of all?”

I sniffled against his t-shirt.  “I’m so sorry, Minho,” I whispered.  “I’m sorry!  I thought it would go away if I just tried to ignore it.  If I disappeared, I thought my problems would disappear, too.”

He held me close as I continued crying.

“My best friend died that night, Minho,” I sobbed.  “She was killed because of me.  And, my other best friend was arrested because of me.  The only thing that happened to me that night was a few cuts and bruises, and a massive hangover.”

“So, what happened after you went back to Florida?”  Minho leaned away from me to look into my eyes.

I sat up and wiped my runny nose.  “I went back to Florida,” I whimpered.  “And, I completed my first year at UF, you know.  I didn’t have any problems; no ghosts from the past came looking for me, so I thought it was all over.  I thought I was safe.  Well, last April, one year after Vegas…they found me.”

“Was it the girl?” Minho asked.

“Actually, it wasn’t,” I replied, shaking my head.  “It was just two dudes in ski masks.  They found me in my apartment and threatened me because I was still in debt.  Of course, I still didn’t have the money, so they decided to be generous and extend my period until August.  They said if I didn’t pay them back then, they would take serious action.”

“Seungmi.”  Minho’s eyes grew hard.  “How much did you owe exactly?”

I gulped.  “Five-hundred thousand dollars.”

“What?!” Minho gasped, nearly falling off the bench.  “Five-hundred…thousand?!”  He translated it into won, and pressed a hand to his forehead.  “Seungmi,” he whispered, almost shamefully.  “Well, did you pay them?”

“I couldn’t, Minho!” I cried.  “I didn’t have that kind of money.  And, I only had three more months until they returned, so I decided what I wanted to do.  I was going to flee the country.”

Minho nodded slowly.  “That’s how you ended up here…”

“Pretty much,” I said.  “Over the summer, I enlisted in the help of Jacksonville’s underground illegal market.  I was already a federal criminal, so might as well add some more offenses to the list.  Through the black market, I used the last of my scholarship money and obtained an illegal passport and an illegal pair of plane tickets.  The tickets were for three destinations:  Beijing, Seoul, or some random city on the very eastern peninsula of Siberia.  Since Siberia is basically nothing, and Korea is safer than China…Seoul it was.  I contacted Seoul University and made the arrangements to come here in August.”

Minho was gently bobbing his head along with my words.  “It makes sense,” he murmured.  “You fled the country and got as far away from Western civ as you could.”

“But, it wasn’t easy,” I admitted.  “The loan sharks somehow found out that I was leaving.  On the day of my flight, they invaded my home in the middle of the night and shot my parents.  I managed to escape and jumped in my car to the airport.  They chased me all the way there, but didn’t dare follow me inside, you know.  Airports are very secure places.  I jumped on a plane to Chicago, and then on to Seoul.”

“So, that’s how they know you’re here?” Minho asked.  His brown eyes gazed into my blue ones.

“I guess,” I replied.  “I mean, they knew I was going to Seoul, but I don’t know how they found me here.  Seoul is a huge place, and I even adopted a new identity and everything.  They tracked my bank account, yeah…but I still don’t know how they have managed to target me.”

“Somebody must be doing their dirty work,” Minho muttered.  He touched his lips as he pondered this.  “Like they must have somebody behind enemy lines, so to speak.  A spy.”

“A spy?” I repeated.

“How else would they know exactly where you are, Seungmi?” he demanded.  “How else would they know where your apartment was, where SHINee’s penthouse is, and where your biology lab is located?  And, the exact day and time you had biology lab.  It’s a spy, Mi.”

“A spy.”  The very thought chilled my bones to the core.  “But who, Minho?”

“Well, let’s think about this.”  He rolled the soccer ball between his large palms again.  “When did these attacks start?”

“Back in January,” I said.  “Like the same time spring semester started.”

“Okay…so, early spring semester, did you meet anyone new?”

One name and one name alone popped into my head.  Yukari.

But, that was absurd!  Yukari was a sweet, little exchange student like me and we had become really great friends.  She couldn’t possibly be an undercover spy trying to murder me!

So, I simply shook my head at Minho and said, “Not really.”

Minho laced his fingers together and frowned.  “Hmm,” he muttered.  “Don’t worry, Seungmi.  We’ll get to the bottom of this.  I promise you will be safe again.”

I scooted closer to him and looped my arm through his.  “Minho,” I squeaked.  “Do you…do you think I’m a bad person?”

He glanced down at me and a small smile broke his handsome features.  “No, Mi,” he murmured, wrapping an arm around my body.  “I will agree that your behavior in Las Vegas was very poor, but you aren’t a bad person.  You mean well, and you certainly don’t deserve to be targeted like this.”

I snuggled into his warm embrace.  “Will you promise not to tell the rest of SHINee?” I whispered.

He kissed the top of my head.  “I promise,” he said.  “Pinky-promise.”

I smiled ever so slightly as we hooked our pinkies together.

===================================================================================

Oooh short chapter, I know.  But at least you found out the truth about her!  D: Now Minho has to keep her safe.  And they still have to figure out who the spy is....hehe

The title of this chapter makes me think of...liar liar, plants for hire. XD hahahaha

lol yesterday, I was watching Elmo with my 4 year old cousin....and she was like "Look it's Elmo!" and I said "Yeah it's Onew!" And then I was like, "Wait...I meant Elmo." hahaha she didn't even catch it. But I was like...wow SHINee obsession to the max.  Does Onew = Elmo?! lololololol

Thank you guys for everything & I love you all! <3333333333  Btw, bad stuff just keeps happening to Jjong! :( Let's hope he is okay after the breakup....at least we all still love him no matter what. <3