Boy.

And I'm Living With Dorks.

Je Yoon POV

The week rolled by quickly, and it only felt like yesterday when I received my tickets. I found it unbelievable that I didn't mindlessly destroy all the cupcakes in the bakery as I daydreamed on and on about my new life that was now only a day away.  It was literally right under my fingertips-- my one-way ticket to Korea was finally going to take me to my happiness.

My leave at Sweet and Sugary wasn't a very pretty one mainly because the owner had her eyes brimmed with tears once I talked about going back to Korea. I told her that, as of now, my stay there would be for good. She asked me to visit her, but the chances of that were so slim that I could only smile before giving her a huge hug. If I was able to get a good job there, then there would be a slight chance of me returning for a month or so.

As I was about to leave the store, she chased after me and presented me with a single cupcake that I was to eat on the way to the airport. Memories were brought back of how I accidentally created the batch when I added hazelnut extract and coconut essence to a different recipe. Since then, she added the cupcake to the menu and personally added 'by Je Yoon' at the end of its name. She's just wonderful, and it felt wrong leaving her.

Mrs. Lee's farewells were obviously very heartfelt. We were both nothing but a mix of emotions that ranged from happy to utter sadness. I bet the neighbors thought that we were crazy for sobbing in the middle of the day for no apparent reason, but I knew that the pain would subside once I reached the plane.

My goodbye to my mother was nothing extraordinary. I found it boring, but I wasn't sure if that was the right word for it. It was plain and simple, no tears and zero hugs. It was like saying goodbye to a stuffed animal.

The night before, I wrote a short letter to Sun Yee and left it on her wooden, white desk. I couldn't think of anything, so I basically wrote the first things that came to mind:

Hey Sun Yee!

You could probably tell that I'm not there anymore. Well... if mom didn't already explain it to you, I'm at Korea already! Minho got me some tickets for me and Bada, and I hope you don't mind that I took her with me. She's mine anyway, so I don't really know why I'm telling you. I'm not even sure why I'm so worried about this. Back to the point, I felt like it was important for me to write this note because I know that you will definitely get mad. I'll try to earn some money, and if you want, I'll buy you a ticket to come here too. I know that you don't want to leave mom, and I shouldn't have either, but I think that we both know why I'm doing this. I'll miss you so much. Don't forget to call me or message me once in a while! No boys either. Heh, I love you, Sun Yee! I'll see you soon! Be good and don't do drugs. Don't give mom a hard time either! Byeee <3

Love, Je Yoon

That was it. There was nothing else left for me to do in my house. The taxi driver that I called was waiting outside, my luggage already in the trunk of a yellow car.

I carried Bada off of the floor and into her travel cage. I gave my mother one last look. "Bye," I whispered and felt my throat tighten right after. I caught a small smile that unexpectedly crawled up her face before I gave the door one final shut.

I didn't necessarily expect my last goodbye to end like that. I was half-expecting her to stand from that seat of hers and give me a tight hug. I wanted her to say 'sorry' for treating me so poorly for the last six years of my life, but it never came. I almost started beating myself up for it, but I knew that it wasn't worth my time. It was her choice not to react to anything. I did my part, and I should feel content. At least that's what I told myself the entire trip to the bus station that direcly took people to the airport.

"Be safe," the taxi driver huffed as he helped bring my luggage down.

He caught me off-guard, but I nodded my head and sent him a thankful look. He probably sent me kind words because I was a little too young to be on my own on an airplane, but I'm sure that other kids did it all the time.

The bus ride was around thirty minutes, and I was relieved that I left the house earlier because who knew if I would be able to make it on my flight on time?

The bus was clean for a mode of public transportation. Actually, it was clean for anything in general really. I wouldn't have pictured it to look like this. The windows were spotless-- it was at the point where someone would be able to see their reflection, fingerprints nonexistent. The floor was clear from trash, and the seats weren't worn and torn at all. I anticipated yellow sponge-y cushion pouring out of the itchy cloth that covered it, but I was safe.

Everything was delightful: that included the cupcake that I haven't made for myself since the day it was created. I didn't find it right because it was for the bakery, but I sure was glad to be snacking on chocolate. The frosting was rich and decadent, and the delicate sprinkle of coconut flakes that decorated the top added a sweetness that I couldn't describe. 

However, good things come to an end. If there was something that I should keep in mind, it was that good things may end, but new things will make it better. I finished the cupcake, but I was here at the airport.

We're supposed to board the airplane in about an hour, so I had plenty of time to sit and wait in the airport lounge. I sat close to the door that opened once the flight attendants and pilot let passengers go on board.

My luggage bags were gone. Bada was gone. I wanted to smack myself for putting my laptop into one of the purple bags but decided that it was safer there anyway. The only thing that reminded me of home was the bag I clutched tightly onto my chest. One bag that would keep me sane the entire thirteen hours in the air. I brought the MP3 player that I won in an arcade, the DSi that Mrs. Lee bought me on Christmas a few years back, and a book that was packed with lovely words. Besides those, I brought along a few packs of chocolate just in case I got a craving.

My head began to pound in the most irritating way possible, and all I desired was to get on the plane and sleep.

Sleep is great.

I lacked hours of sleep, but the bags under my eyes proved me wrong. They were there, but the lack of puffiness really tells people that I'm youthful and spirited. It was the complete opposite. Energy is what I yearn for.

I put my earphones in and put the songs on shuffle. More and more people piled into the waiting room. Seats were getting occupied. The silence disappeared. The free oxygen slowly decreased. Everything added up and attacked the nagging pain in my head. I may have knocked out for a few minutes because the next thing I remembered was the intercom booming out that it was time for my flight to board.

People were shoving and pushing to get onto the plane. I don't know if it was my sleepiness or my lack of patience that brought rude remarks in my mind, but they were really starting to set me off. All they have to do is form one line. With that easy instruction, they were still able to mess everything up.

Everyone is going to get in. They won't leave anyone behind. Please calm down. The thoughts remained in my mind, the words on the tip of my tongue but I refused to let myself burst out in annoyance.

After countless minutes of hearing babies cry and mothers scolding their children, I finally got in and was greeted by two stewardesses on either side of me. I showed them my ticket, and they generously gave me a short description of where I was supposed to sit.

I got the left section of the plane where there were two seats. I mentally snickered in my mind because the person next to me would not be getting the window seat. 

I settled on the fact that my headache caused me to become ruder because I just felt so much more sinister for stealing someone's seat. It was a small crime, but I really did feel mean. I tried to put my bag into the compartment above. I didn't know that it would be this hard to complete such a small task. I went on my toes, but it didn't work. Dammit. I wish I had longer arms or legs. I was lucky enough to go over five feet, but this was complete torture. I attempted jumping. Stepping on  a seat would have worked, but before I could make progress, a stewardess scowled at me. Isn't she suppose to assist my peaceful and joyful journey?

I sighed and stomped my feet, frustrated at everything in the world at the moment.

Someone laughed directly at me, and I looked to my right. A boy. My eyes widened in realization. He had fluffy brown hair, thick lips, and the cutest face that anyone could possibly have. Was he from school? The park?

"Je Yoon noona!" he exclaimed, taking his backpack off of his shoulders.

The bakery! Oh my... his face never seemed to leave my mind because of devillishy good looks.

"Hi!" I replied, my mood instantly boosting up.

He shook his head and smiled. "And I thought my friend was short," he teased and grabbed both of our bags to put it away.

"Thank you so much," I sighed and took my seat.

He cleared his throat and frowned. "Noona.."

"What?"

"That's my seat," he pointed out, using his ticket as proof.

"B-but I got here first." The window seat gave me a sense of freedom and helped me from escaping the feeling of suffocation.

He grunted and sat down next to me as a victorious grin spread on my face. If he acted more gentleman-like, then he would be able to win any girl over. Then again, he probably didn't even want to be in a relationship at this age.

"So," I started, "what's your name?"

He looked straight ahead and didn't give me a response.

I waved my hand in front of him and said, "Hello!? I'm talking to youuu!"

I knew what he wanted, and I had no choice but give it to him. I got into the aisle of the plane and allowed him to sit in the seat I treasured so much.

"There. Sit there. Happy?" I questioned, hoping that the trip would be the least bit enjoyable.

His face brightened, and he quickly took the seat before I changed my mind. "It gets the girls all the time," he commented. "They always fall for the sad face."

I huffed and sat down. "I did not expect that at all."

An introduction started that addressed the airline, airplane, and other things that I honestly could care less about. 'Korea Airlines this... Korea Airlines that. Thank you for choosing us. Captain Lee is the designated pilot. This is how you use the life vests and oxygen masks.' That was literally all they talked about for twenty minutes.

There was something that made me uncomfortably shift in my seat.

"Instead of 10:30p.m., the plane will depart at 12:00a.m. We are terribly sorry for the delay," the captain announced, the voice somewhat strained and tired.

"Seems like we'll be sitting next to each other for a long time!" the cute boy said and smiled.

"You might as well give me your name," I murmured, already buckling in my seatbelt.

He eyed my actions and did the same. "Lee Taemin." He held out his hand.

"Kim Je Yoon." I placed my hand into his and shook it, shocked that he had manners.


A/N: Mistakes fixed!