Exhausted

Exhausted

Yoseob PoV

I don’t know when it started exactly, but it just happened… I fell in love… I fell in love with my best friend. Even though I wanted to tell him, to touch him, wanted more than just being his best friend. I just can’t. I was afraid, afraid of his reaction, afraid he could be disgusted by me, or something like that. Even though I didn’t really think that he would abandon me, that just wouldn’t match him, but you know?
Anyway, I just continued to act like the best friend I always was for him and we were happy and normal as always. But lately, Gikwang didn’t have much time. He had a lot of schedules and we could rarely hang out together. I was really frustrated. I missed him so much. But what really bothered me, was that he looked so tired lately. I was so sad that his usually so beautiful smile was now just a tired, fitted one. He was usually a talkative dork, but now he just talked when someone asked him something and didn’t joke around anymore, or at least not much. I missed it, I missed every single of his cute and dorky actions. It made me really sad. I even had the feeling that he was depressed. I must talk to him about this soon! More than not wanting him to be tired, I didn‘t want him to be depressed!

I sat in the living room waiting for Gikwang to come home, while the others all went to sleep.

In the middle of the night Gikwang finally came home. He didn’t see me because I was sitting in a dark corner of the room, almost falling asleep. Gikwang sighed heavily as he came in and closed the door behind him. He looked like he would fall asleep in every second. I saw him making a glance at our schedule board. With another sigh, Gikwang leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor. He hugged his knees and burrowed his face into them.
What was wrong with him?

I slowly got up from the couch and slowly went over to him. I froze as I heard him sniffing. Was he crying?

„Gikwang?“ I asked quietly. Gikwang startled and looked at me surprised. His sight broke my heart. Tears were falling down his pretty face. Gikwang wiped them away immediately.
„Yo-Yoseob? What are you doing here? It’s in the middle of the night. You should sleep.“, Gikwang said while looking on the floor.

„I was waiting for you. What happened, Gikwang? Why are you crying?“ I asked worried.

„Huh?… Uh…  It’s nothing. Don’t mind it. It… it‘s just… No, nothing. Just forget it.“ he said.

„How could I forget, when you are crying here all alone in the dark? Please tell me, Gikwang. What’s wrong? Maybe I can help you. Or at least comfort you.“ I looked at him very worried, while my heart was tearing apart from the inside at his depressed appearance.

„I’m… … I’m just sad that I have barley time for B2ST, because of the plenty of schedules I have lately.“ He paused a while and leaned is chin on his knees.

„But what bothers me the most is that I don’t do well because of that. Because of the lack of training, I’m bad at dancing, make way to many mistakes and my singing is also getting worse. I’m afraid, that B2ST can’t do any better because of me lacking in everything. Everyone make progress, but I’m just getting bad…“

„Nonsense! You totally overdraw, Gikwang. We all make mistakes and are lacking. You learn fast and are the one who makes the fewest mistakes of us. Your voice is beautiful as always. I don’t see anything wrong with your singing. I actually think you’re getting better. Don’t judge yourself so hard! And when it comes to the lack of training, why don’t you just concentrate more on B2ST then? Just leave some of the other schedules out.“ I said with a smile while caressing his back.

Gikwang looked at me and smiled back at me with this beautiful smile of his. I slightly blushed and my heart was beating faster. Oh, how much I missed this smile!

„Thank you, Yoseobie! Thank you for cheering me up and always be there for me. You‘re the best!“ Gikwang said and leaned his head against my shoulder. „You’re too kind for this world.“ he said while smiling and closing his eyes.

I blushed even more and my heartbeat went faster and faster. I gulped.

„No, you are the one who is to kind! … And that‘s why I love you so much…“ I mumbled the last sentence inaudible. „Gikwang?“
I chuckled as I saw he fell asleep on my shoulder. What now?

I carefully got up and somehow managed to carry him to bed. As I laid him down on his bed, I noticed that he was still wearing his clothes. I gulped as I decided to change his clothes. While blushing insanely I took off his clothes and started to put on his pyjamas. As I was done with his pants, I did it fast because I was so embarrassed doing this, I just stared a while at his bare chest. Without thinking I slowly lay a hand on his chest and brushed my fingertips slowly along his abs. It’s not that I was seeing him half the first time, but being so close and touching his soft warm skin, his muscular chest and his way to perfect abs was so amazing. Even though I saw this very often on performances and such, I still couldn’t get enough of seeing his y abs.

As I realized what I was doing, I removed my hand immediately, my face red like a tomato, and quickly put on his top. I ran to my bed and prompt lay down. As fast as I lay down as fast I fell asleep.

The next few days after that Gikwang really showed up more often on our trainings. He also managed to come with us on performances abroad more often. I was glad that he took himself a little more time for B2ST, or rather I was glad that I could spent more time with him.

But even though he came more often on the B2ST activities, he still looked so exhausted! No, he looked even more tired than before. Didn’t he quit some other schedules? Or was the training too exhausting for him? Was he sick? All this questions were in my mind and I was so worried.

 

3rd person PoV

One afternoon B2ST had a concert in Seoul. The boys were backstage preparing themselves for going on stage. Gikwang felt so weak, but he had to pull himself together. For the fans and for the other members. He had worked much and very hard the past days and now he had trouble to hide his exhaustion. The other members were worried, especially Yoseob couldn’t stand it to see him like that. Gikwang tried his best to not make his beloved friends worry about him, but by now he had reached his limits and couldn’t hide his exhaustion anymore.

“Doojoon… we shouldn’t let Gikwang go on stage today…” Yoseob said to Doojoon very worried, while he was watching Gikwang who fought against his tiredness.

“Maybe you’re right…” Doojoon answered looking careful at Gikwang.

“NO! Please let me go! I’m fine! Really! Don’t worry about me!” Gikwang protested and jumped up from his chair.

“Are you sure, Gikwang? Don’t lie to me.” Doojoon asked him doubtfully.

“I am sure! I’m fine, believe me.” Gikwang said with a smile.

Yoseob was sure he was lying. But what could he do when Gikwang wanted to go on stage that badly. He really didn’t know what to do and only hoped that Gikwang could make it on stage.

B2ST finally went on stage. As always the six pretty boys showed their best. Even Gikwang didn’t seem that exhausted like he was backstage. He smiled brightly, waved at the fans and did his best as usual, until the concert was almost over. The six of them were performing their last song V.I.U. and were jumping and joking around like idiots.

But suddenly Gikwangs sight became blurry. He shook his head quickly but nothing changed. He felt dizzy, his knees felt weak and he couldn’t go straight anymore. After a few more steps, his sight went black and he collapsed. Gikwang fell on the floor in the middle of their stage.

“Gikwang!!” Yoseob screamed, letting his mic fall on the floor in shock and ran to Gikwang immediately. Yoseob fell on his knees next to Gikwang, took him in his arms and lifted him a little. Tears fell from his eyes full of worries. “Gikwang! Gikwangie, wake up! Please! What happened to you?” The other members also ran to them. They brought Gikwang away from the stage to backstage where a doctor could check on him. After a few discussions with staffs and doctors, Gikwang was taken to the hospital, while the other B2ST members had to go back on stage to explain the fans what was going on, even though they didn’t really want to because of their worries about Gikwang. Yoseob started crying and couldn’t stop himself from doing so. He didn’t care that everyone could see him crying, he only thought of Gikwang. Meanwhile Doojoon explained the fans that they didn’t have to worry and that Gikwang was fine. He apologized to the fans for the sudden end of their concert and they all said their thanks and goodbyes.

After that, they all immediately went to the hospital where Gikwang was taken to.

 

Yoseob PoV

The next day I was the only one left, sitting beside Gikwangs bed. They all had to continue their schedules, even if Gikwang was in the hospital. Dongwoon and Hyunseung had singing lessons and dance training. Doojoon and Junhyung had other schedules. I was the only one who had freetime but I spent the whole day sitting next to Gikwang, caressing his hand.

Gikwang had overworked himself. His body couldn’t bear it anymore and that’s why he collapsed.

Thankfully his condition was not as bad as I expected, he just needed to rest.

He slept the whole day and didn’t woke up yet.

Deep in thoughts, I played with his hand and entwined our fingers. Suddenly he squeezed my hand. I looked up to see him smiling at me like an angel.

“Gikwangie! You’re awake! How do you feel?” I beamed at him. I was so glad that he finally woke up.

“A little bit tired but I’m fine. … Because you are with me.” He answered mumbling the last sentence scarcely audible. I was not sure if I heard that right.
“Pabo! Do you know how worried I was? How dare you to overwork yourself? I was so afraid that you were fatally ill or something like that! Never do this again! Do you hear me?! You’re such a pabo, Lee Gikwang!” I cried.

“Yoseob..” he sat up immediately and lay his hands on my cheeks trying to wipe my tears away. “No-no, Yoseobie, please! Don’t cry! I hate to see you cry!” He also looked like he would burst out in tears every moment. Suddenly he wrapped his arms around me and gave me a thight hug. “I’m so sorry, Yoseob! Please, forgive me! I didn’t want you to worry so much!” His warm embrace felt so good and I calmed down fast.

He released me from the hug and looked at me.
I chuckled. “Too late. But actually it’s also my fault. I shouldn’t have told you that you should do more with B2ST. I was selfish. The only reason I said that, was that you could be by my side. I missed you so much. I hate going on stage without you. Everytime I searched for your angelic smile, but it was not there. Everytime I wanted to hear your cute voice, but I had to sing myself. It made me sad and I just wanted to be with you… Gikwang… I… I love you…” I was blushing like crazy.

His eyes widened and he looked at me in shock.  His mouth opened slowly, forming an ‘o’ shape.

I gulped. Oh my god, what did I just say?!

But then, his confused expression turned into a smile that came from heaven! It was the beautifullest and happiest smile I ever have seen! My heart melt away and I was about to faint, but I didn’t came to, because suddenly something happened that I never thought would happen.

Gikwang leaned forward and pressed his soft, plump lips against mine. My eyes widened.

Oh my god!! He was kissing me! GIKWANG KISSED ME!!

My mind went blank. My heart was beating the hell out of me. I felt like the happiest guy of the world!

He broke the kiss after a while. Gikwang started chuckling as he saw my face. I was totally out of it. I must had such a retarded smile on my face. 

“I love you too, Yoseob.” he finally spoke.

“Bwo?!” I blurt out, finally coming to sense again and met him with disbelief.

Gikwang blushed and scratched his cheek.

“I love you, Yoseob. Actually, I wanted nothing else but to be with you either, but the reason I worked so hard was, that your birthday is coming soon and I wanted to make this day special for you. I needed money for this…”

“Ahw, Gikwangie! The only reason for you to overwork yourself was my birthday? You’re such a cute pabo! I’m so touched, but the best gift I could have is sitting right in front of me! I only want you to be by my side and I’m happy.” I smiled joyfully, while I ruffling trough his hair.

Gikwang blushed insanly. “That was not the only reason.. I wanted to have a dinner with you and wanted to confess, but now I end up confessing in the hospital. How unromantic…” he pouted.

“OMO, how cute! I’m so happy! You're really too kind and cute for this world! I’m so touched!” I hugged him tightly.

Gikwang laughed. “You’re cuter!” As I break the hug he smiled that gorgeous eye-smile of his. My heart melt again.

Then Gikwang looked down nervously blushing like crazy. “Yoseob?”

“Yes?”

“Do you want to be my boyfriend?” he asked, looking up at me again.

I smiled brightly. “Nothing better than that!” I said happy.

I leaned forward, took his face between my hands and kissed him passional. I closed my eyes as he kissed me back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, while he wrapped his around my waist.

Our kiss went deeper and it was so amazing. His lips were so soft.

After a long while of impassionate kissing, we hesistantly separated and smiled at each other with happiness.

“I love you!” we both said in unison. We blinked at each other and started to laugh.

 

After Gikwangs hospitalisation, he got a few days off and cancelled a few of his schedules. He concentrated more on B2ST and we could spent a lot more time together. He also wasn’t that exhausted anymore. He looked so happy lately. I was so glad.

On my birthday Gikwang actually did take me out to dinner. But instead of a confession, he gave me a couple ring. I cried for happiness and kissed him a thousand times.

I was wearing it everyday and so he did.

I love him.

I want to be with him.

Forever.