One.

In the end. [One-shot]

You stared at your reflection in the mirror. You looked around the small room before your eyes landed at the scar on your neck. You lightly brushed your fingers over it, still feeling the little bumps. You remembered that day, where you vowed to change yourself into someone else because of him. You'd cringe the first time the wound was fresh which was visible enough for everyone to see. But now, it seemed like it didn't matter anymore.

Then, you brought your fingers to your face; tracing each of your facial features. From your eyes, your cheekbones, on the bridge of your nose to your lips. Right there, you would ask yourself everytime.

How could someone like him be willing to fall in love with you?

Memories then began to flood in your head, recalling each moment that either made you smile or cry. For each breath you take, you could still feel like it just happened yesterday.

Soon, you recalled the time where you met him. The one who would appear in your dreams continuously, ever since you locked your eyes with him back at the park that midnight. The man that would often follow your footsteps swiftly wherever you go, even when you're oblivious of his presence. The one that would watch over you when you sleep, ensuring you're safe in his eyes.

And the one that would protect you from everything that comes your way, even when it comes to risking his own life, or yours.

Your train of thoughts got put on hold when one of your aunts called your name softly from the door, slightly poking her head in. You gave her a soft smile and stood up, glancing at yourself in the mirror once again before heading out.

This is it.. this is the day.

The day where the old me would be extinct.

You stood behind the doors, where you hooked your arm with your beloved father; who had been there for you through thick and thin. You inhaled deep as the doors opened, revealing people dressed in beautiful gowns and exquisite suits. They turned their heads to look at you, finally anticipating the moment where you'd walk down that aisle.

"One step closer."

And amongst the people, all you really saw was Woohyun's face; it filled your vision and overwhelmed your mind. He looked stunning in that black suit and his perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion.

It was beautiful. He was beautiful.

And he's just standing there, watching each step you take to come to him. You could feel your heart beating fast until you met his eyes.. Those caramel brown eyes you'd love to stay in all day. You watched his lips slowly curl into a smile, enlighted that this day has arrived for him as well.

When he smiled, all of your doubts seemed to go away somehow.

"You're standing in front of me, every breath and every hour has come to this.. One step closer."

As the pastor finished his last words, he asked you the question. You glanced at the people, then at your parents, before turning to Woohyun. Returning the smile, you answered "I do."

Woohyun lifted your chin with a finger before bringing his lips to meet with yours; setting your heart free at the same time. Breaking away, he leads you to the center of the hall where he takes your hand and wraps his other arm around your waist; pulling you close.

In a slow dance, he only had his eyes on you the whole time. "And all along, I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me.. I have loved you for a thousand years," he whispered.

Meeting his forehead with a small smile, you answered, "Then I'll love you for a thousand more."