Transitions

My Heart Longs For You

 

The next morning, I awoke to an empty bed. A small part of me panicked, thinking that what happened last night was a dream. Instead, I calmed myself down and smelt a whiff of breakfast. I put on my tank top and boxers and went downstairs. There, I saw Chansung making my favorite: strawberry pancakes. He never really cooked much in college; he preferred to eat. Everything smelled so good and I could not wait to dig in.

C: (turns around) Good morning baby.

J: Good morning. You wanna know something funny?

C: What?

J: When I woke up and saw that you weren’t there, I panicked and thought that everything that happened last night was a dream.

C: (chuckles) You’re so silly Junho. There was no way that could be a dream. By the way, there is something that I want to talk to you about.

J: What’s that?

C: Would it be of any inconvenience for you to move in with me?

This was all happening so fast. Not that I cared, but Megan didn’t even move out so how could I so quickly?

J: Chan, what about Megan? Her stuff is still here.

C: It won’t be much longer don’t worry. I think it would be better for you to move here and work. There are many art exhibits around and plenty of people will buy your work instead of traveling international. I think it’s a good idea but if you can’t I understand.

J: No no! It’s a great idea. As a matter of fact I had been thinking about that too. It just seems like this is happening so fast.

C: I know, but I just want things to be how they should have been a long time ago. I’m not ready to get married. I’m young and right now, just being with the person I love is all I want to do. Other things will come later.

I agreed with him. I wasn’t ready to get married either and if Chansung and I didn’t get married that would be ok too. As long as I had him that was all that mattered. We sat down and ate breakfast together and began to talk about our future. It was pleasant to finally talk about this subject. Once we agreed on everything, it was settled.

Later that day, I was taking a nap when I heard yelling downstairs. Megan had to be here.

M: I came to get the rest of my ; why else do you think I’m here?!

C: Well hurry it up. I saved you some trouble and threw some of it away.

M: (disgusted) I can’t believe how heartless you became all of a sudden. Everything we had is now down the drain and you don’t seem to give a damn. What about my family? What are you going to tell them?!

C: I don’t have to tell them anything; the marriage is off. And I’m sorry if my damn wasn’t given, but I have made up my mind and want to be with Junho. I don’t know why you’re acting like it hurts you so much. You told me yourself that you can have anyone you want to, so go ahead and move on.

M: , I did at some point love you. Otherwise, I would not have accepted the proposal. You leaving me for a man…I hope you’re happy. A woman like me is once in a lifetime.

C: On the contrary; es are everywhere and have nothing but a lifetime to annoy and take advantage of other people.

M: Oh go choke on a !

She shoved past him and up the stairs. Her footsteps got closer and closer to the room and I jumped when she burst through the door.

M: Oh my God!! And in our bed! Get your filthy body off my bed sheets!

Gripping the bottom on the bed sheets and using violent force, she stripped the bed, causing me to fall off the bed and on the floor. I didn’t fight her back, but when she came towards me, I pushed her on the bed. Chansung came upstairs and saw what was going on.

C: WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! Get your and go!

M: You can have the sheets! I don’t want them after you two have defiled it!

She stormed out the room and began packing everything. Within an hour she got everything and left. The house didn’t look that much different without her things, but at least there was no sign left of her. However, I did find her ring on the nightstand. It was a spectacular rock I must add. Everything happened for the better I guess. It was funny because for a moment I could sympathize with her. I did seem to come out of nowhere and things up but like I said many times before; I was in his life first. I just hoped that she wasn’t going to come back. That chick was crazy.

After that day, I went back to Korea to start packing to move. Dimitri had called me and asked me how everything went. I had to fill him in on the details. He was ecstatic to find out that everything had worked out for me. Slowly but surely, I was sending off things to Chansung and getting rid of things that I did not need. I moved out, caught my plane, and in two weeks’ time was fully settled with Chansung.

More and more, Megan could not accept the fact that she and Chansung were over. She went as far as to sue him for emotional distress, but the judge granted her nothing. I didn’t see the point. She owned nothing in the house or even the house itself for that matter. There was nothing that he owed her. He was nice enough to apologize to her and her family. Her parents understood the whole situation and were able to convince Megan to move on.

As for me and Chansung, we remained together in the house. It became really cozy and the house was full of love. I knew that at some point he wanted children, and I talked to him about it. He said that he didn’t want to adopt, and I wasn’t going to go so far as to have someone have our child, so the only thing we could come to a consensus was is to get a pet. We soon ended up with two cats: Jeonggam and Ggomaengi. They were our little puff balls of joy and kept us active and entertained. Life was great. Dimitri even came to visit and met Chansung. The two of them became the best of friends. It seemed that everything in my life finally fell into place and I was so glad that Dimitri was able to convince me to go for it.

Sometimes in life we make mistakes and there is nothing that we can do about it. Other times, we may get a second chance to make things right again. If you get that second chance, please make it count. True love; love that you know without a shadow of a doubt that you can’t live without, only happens but so many times in our lives. I was lucky and did something before it was too late. Now, my heart no longer needs to long for Chansung; he is mine forever.

 

The End