01.

The Thing I Can Never Have

Tick. Tick. Tick.

 

Seungho was quiet as he listened to the metronome swinging back and forth. The arm was rather hypnotizing really. His fingers ran along the ivory keys of the piano; and he revelled in their cool smoothness. He didn't press down however, wanting to bask in the sacred silence of the moment. This was his moment, with his baby. He cherished this silence, because in these small moments, he seemed to be the happiest.

A cough echoed through the room, and he looked up. The cabaret bar was nearly empty by now, save for a few patrons, the bartender, and a single waiter. The waiter was leaning against the bar, staring at Seungho from afar. It seemed like he wanted something...Had he been the one who had coughed? Seungho blinked a few times, then realized that everybody was waiting for him to resume playing. He took a deep breath, then shook his head to clear his thoughts, moving his fingers so that a bittersweet tune poured from the very heart of his favorite instrument.

Mir sighed a bit as he listened to the music coming from Seungho's piano. He'd never heard a tune like this before, and he frequently listened to the pianist play on the nights when he worked. Had the older male written this lovely melody himself?  He wouldn't have put it past seungho. After all, the man was brilliant, and he and the piano went together like bacon and eggs. 

A glass of scotch was placed in front of him, and he looked up to see Joon leaning in a bit to whisper where glass was destined to go. Mir nodded, taking a deep breath before grabbing the glass, and making his way towards the small stage. Maybe today would be the day where he finally had the guts to tell the pianist how he felt. He had always had an odd facination with Seungho. As he approached the stage, he took a moment to appreciate the way that his fingers danced effortlessly over the keys.

For a moment, he just stared at Seungho. Soon enough, he found himself staring into the older male's chocolate brown orbs. Seungho's eyes were full of curiosity, and a bit of amusement. The pianist's eyebrow rose slowly, his fingers never ceasing their movement as he looked at Mir. The waiter felt a slight blush rising in his cheeks, internally cursing himself before removing the empty glass sitting on a napkin on the edge of the piano. He replaced it with the full glass of scotch he'd been given before starting to turn away.

"Thank you." Seungho's deep voice came softly from behind him, Mir turned back to see a slight smile blooming across the older man's plush lips. Mir immediately felt his heart beginning to pound. Did this man have any clue what he did to him? Any thoughts of confessing to Seungho went out the window as Mir lost his nerve, his blush becoming more prominent now.

"N-No problem." He stammered, biting his lips for a moment before all but running back to his place near the bar. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Joon smirking at him. He turned to face the bartender, and narrowed his eyes at him. "What?" He hissed. Joon knew very well that the younger male hated being stared at like that. 

"Nothing." Joon said with a slight shrug, looking away as he began to clean the empty glass that Mir had brought back to him.

Mir's attention went back to the bar as the music once again came to the end. He saw Seungho standing up, and gathering his things. There was a man with a rather young, handsome looking face waiting patiently for him near the edge of the stage. He held out his hand for Seungho, and the pianist took his hand happily, intertwining their fingers. Mir felt his heart ripping in half as he watched the two ment walk out of the club together, they seemed so happy....Were they a couple?

He gripped the bar, unable to watch anymore. He wished, with every fiber of his being that he could be that lucky man holding Seungho's hand. Joon looked at the younger, not quite sure what to say. He glanced around, noticing that everyone else had left. He filled it up with a drink of his choice, slipping the cup in front of the waiter.

Mir looked at the cup, and sighed.  He wrapped his hand around the glass and looked down at the translucent, golden liquid for a few moments. He raised the cup to his lips, and allowed the alcohol to slip past his lips.

That night, the whiskey was tinged with the salt of his tears.


Okay, so that's the end. 

Obviously the other male is G.O. 

So, this was supposed to be a oneshot, however...The way it's set up, I could write a lot more....

What do you guys want? Continue or not?