Chapter 41

Two Is Better Than One

“sweety wake up” bom quietly tries to wake up jiyong who is sound asleep, “wake up” she shakes him gently, “WAKE UP!”

“what? What is it honey?” jiyong got up startling and immediately turn to bom whose now pouting.

“i want asparagus cup with corn it” she said still pouting

“what?” he says rubbing his eyes and looks up to the watch beside him. it was 2 in the morning. Ever since bom’s pregnancy, she’s been craving food in the middle of the dawn. When she’s on her 1 to 5 months she usually have this sudden craving at 11 at night, but when the month turns 6 to 8 1/2, the time turned to dawn. “alright. i’ll get you that soup” he says smiling and kiss his wife who is now smiling of joy.

What bom doesn’t know, jiyong already had prepared all the food that she possibility would crave at this kind of hour. It’s been 2 weeks in the row, she ask for asparagus soup with corn so every time before he comes home, he would stop by to a restaurant near his office and take away the soup. Now he’s in the kitchen heating the soup while imagining his first born son will be like.

*flashbacks*

congratulation mr kwon, it’s a boy” said the doctor who just usg bom.

no wonder i’ve been acting all lazy. Turns out we’ll be having a son” said bom while walking to the car, “still, i hope our son looks like me” she threw a smile to jiyong before entering the car.

Jiyong can’t help smiling back, “my first son” he says getting in

*end of flashback*

 

“vioalaa..” jiyong says entering back the master bedroom, “one asparagus soup with extra corn at your service madam” he continued crawling up the bed while holding the hot soup in his hand, “oh no no” he says avoiding bom’s hand to touch it, “let me feed you and my baby this time” he said with a smile.

While jiyong was busy blowing the soup to cool off, bom can’t take her off from him. ever since they got married, she got to know more about jiyong and ever since her pregnancy, she got more surprise by him. there’s not a day and month jiyong never comes home empty handed. She sometimes tell him to stop because there’s no more room to place the stuff but he just won’t stop, “if my son become spoiled, i blame you” she remembered when they argue a little on that day.

“say ah” jiyong says holding a full spoon to bom.

 

***

 

2ne1 been going to shows from shows without their lead vocal. The president give a her months off when she turned 3 months till her labor day. the girls were indeed missing bom. 2ne1 isn’t the same without her on shows. The fans keep asking and wishing well bom through them. Sometimes they even buy stuffs animal for bom and when the girls have their day off, there's not a day they don’t visit her. Now they are waiting in the same room with  dami, bom’s parents, jiyong’s bom’s and even their president plus most of the staff that’s close with bom. 9 months has passed already and the baby due date is today. “umma calm down already” says dami who came all the way from the states just to see her first nephew, “your making me nervous” she continue seeing her mom been standing and sitting nonstop.

“mianhe dami” she sigh, “why are they taking so long” she says getting closer to dami, “do you think their alright in there?”

“ummaaa” dami shouts and everyone in the waiting room look to them, “umma. i’m sure their alright. now sit and stop worrying”

“can you believe our friend is going to a mother soon” said chaerin smiling to minzy and dara, “it just feels like yesterday when i met her in school” she chuckled

“i know what you mean” minzy continued

“and i regret for being so mean to her at school” dara cut in looking sad

“dara-ah” minzy says holding her hands, “those day are gone now” she said smiling and dara nodded, “ah.. i’m gonna be a aunt soon”

“me too” dara exclaimed

“me three” chaerin exclaimed back, “i wonder how many kids are they planning to have after this?” she suddenly asked to the girls

“i don’t know but i’m sure him” minzy cut in while pointing to yang hyun suk, “will ask to put the breaks for a while” she said giggling

 

***

 

Jiyong was standing beside bom holding her hands. He tries to avoid seeing the blood and kept his eyes focus on bom. “push slowly mrs kwon” the doctor giving her instruction. “now push harder” the doctor continue

“ughhhh” bom groaning

“breathe hunny breathe” said jiyong getting nervous

“a little more mrs kwon”

“omo, i see the head” jiyong says and starts to panic for taking a peek, “you doing great hunny” he says looking back to bom who looks exhausted trying to give labor.

“on the 3 now mrs kwon. 1..2..3” the doctor give her the final instruction. Bom keep panting nonstop and when the baby finally came out and starts crying, bom grips tightly to jiyong’s hand, “it’s that my baby?” she asked weakly trying to catch her breath

“yes, its our baby bom” jiyong says getting teary, “it’s beautiful bom-ah”

“congratulation mr and mrs kwon” the nurse says showing the baby

“that’s it” dami mom says getting up, “i wanna ask what’s taking so long”

Before she could open the door, jiyong enters the room, “i’m officially a dad starting today” he says smiling. Everyone in the room got up and starts to congratulate asking him and rained him with lot’s of question. Jiyong didn’t know which one to answer. all he can answer was, “the baby is fine and what’s more relieving, the mother is fine also” he said getting teary.

Dami embrace her little brother, “when can i see my nephew?” she says letting go.

Jiyong told everyone to come with him and see he’s first son. “that’s him” he says pointing from outside, “jiyong junior”

“omo oppa. He looks like bom-ah” says minzy

“he surely does” he smiles

“he’s lovely ji” his mom wrap her arms around him

“look president, bom junior” said a staff, “i bet he will have her talents”

“i bet he will” said yang hyun suk.

“he will” jiyong cut him in and smiling to yang hyun suk.