I Remember

One Shot Stories

“Let’s break up.” Choi Minhwan’s cold words rang through Eliza’s ears as she remembered what had just happen 2 hours ago…

~Flashback~

It was the 2 years anniversary between Eliza Cho and Choi Minhwan, Eliza herself was super excited. She’s been preparing for this day for almost 2 weeks, and now she just has to bake the perfect cake.

‘Black Forest’ was Minhwan’s favorite. She got the best teacher to teach her to bake that particular cake, a lot of preparation has been done for this special day. Even her lazy brother, Kyuhyun --- who was forced by their mother --- helped her to prepare.

“Oppa, it’s me Lizzy. I’m just finishing the final touches for our special night. Call me back when you get this message.” She slid her phone back into her apron and continued her preparations.

‘Minhwan has not been around lately, I wonder what he’s been doing. Must be planning a surprise for me, that boyfriend of mine.” But what she didn’t know was that her surprise was more of a breaking news.

 It was 8 pm in the evening and Eliza was dressed beautifully. Her dark blue strapless dress went well with her newly bought LV purse. Everything was ready and now it was time to wait for the main character himself.

3 hours has passed and still no Minhwan, Eliza was beginning to get worry. She had texted him for like 200 hundred times since 8 pm and he still hasn’t answered his phone.

She dialed Minhwan’s number once more as she held next to her right ear, “Oppa, where are you? Did you forget that today’s our 2 year anniversary together? Don’t worry if you think I’ll get mad, we’ll just celebrate in your apartment. Call me if you get this message, I’ll be waiting for you until you come back.”

And then she ended the video message. In truth, she was a little disappointed that Minhwan has forgotten their special day. But being the big hearted Eliza Cho, she is willing to forgive Minhwan if he apologize to her.

She got up from her seat --- which she has been sitting for 3 whole hours --- and took the cake before leaving. It was still snowing in Seoul, wearing a strapless dress didn’t help Eliza one bit. She was practically pale in the winter wonderland.

It took half an hour of driving to reach to Minhwan’s apartment. Unlocking the door to his home --- she has the key --- she opened the door and entered.

Letting out a long sigh, she switched on the light to find clothes scattered everywhere in the room --- girl’s clothes included! She settled down her cake on the table and investigated the perimeter.

She picked up some clothes from the floor and sniffed it, “Perfume…”

She dashed towards Minhwan’s room to find a couple on the bed ! “Oppa, what are you doing? With Amy unnie…” Minhwan widened his eyes in shock as he broke the hug with the girl.

“Lizzy- ah…” Beaded tears flowed down Eliza’s cheek as she glared at Minhwan for explanation. “Waeyo?”

“Lizzy, mianhaeyo.” Amy shamefully gazed the corner of the room as if there was something fascinating there.

Minhwan stared at Eliza’s eyes with no emotion as he muttered 3 words Eliza never wanted to hear in her entire life, “Let’s break up…”

~

And here she is now here at the Soul Bar, drinking the strongest Vodka there is. ‘How could Minhwan cheat on me, and with my own sister for that matter.’ Tears started trickling down from her face once again as she stood up from her stool.

She was too drunk to drive so she decided to walk, besides getting some fresh air might calm her down. She was now out of tears, she could cry anymore. She was tired and depressed to do anything.

Still thinking about what just happened 2 hours ago, she didn’t noticed a car dashing towards her.

“MISS!” CRASH! Eliza was hit by the car, “Is this goodbye?”

~3 years later~

‘Dear diary, it’s official. I can go home today! I’m so excited. But, I’ve been awake for a week now and I still don’t remember what happened to me. How did I get hit? Was I pushed by someone? Maybe it’s just my imagination.” Eliza ended her diary with her initial ‘E.C’ as she closed the book.

Knock! Knock! “Come in.” 5 people came entered.

“Omma, appa, Minhwan oppa, Kyuhyun oppa, Amy unnie. Anyong.” She sheepishly waved at the 4, she hasn’t seen them for 3 years and it’s still kinda weird for her.

“Lizzy- ah, we have exciting news. Minhwan and Amy are getting MARRIED!” her mom announced excitingly.

“Omo, jeongmal. Congratulations!” she jumped up from her bed and hugged the smiling couple.

“Not so tight, Lizzy- ah” Amy caressed her sister’s hair as she apologetically smiled at her amnesiac sister, ‘Mianhae…’

“Okay so we’re gonna have lunch down at the cafeteria, you can meet us there when you’re done packing. Araso?” her father asked.

“Nae appa.” She grinned at the older man. Her parents gave her a kiss on the forehead before exiting the room, Kyuhyun gave her a light punch too before exiting with the 5.

Suddenly her head started to throbbed, “Ahh…”

As if a tsunami happened, it flooded her brains with memories of the past. Tears started b out of her eyes as it continuously flowed down.

“I remember…”

The door clicked open to reveal Minhwan and Amy, “Lizzy- ah, mom and dad asked us to help you pack.”

“Oppa, unnie, I remember…”