Mianhae...

One Shot Stories

 

Yang Mi Young, aged 20 and currently studying in Seoul University with her twin Yo Seob. She was only older than him by 37 seconds but he still called her ‘noona’, much to her dismay --- it makes her feel old.

Anyway, Mi Young is currently going out with one of Yo Seob’s close buddies, Yong Jun Hyung --- whom she had a crush on since the 7th grade. It was like a dream come true for her, seriously. But not everything always ends with a happy ending, sometimes it ends with nothing but sadness.

Mi Young was staring out of her tinted dorm window --- she was rooming with Tiffany Hwang --- as she let out a sigh. Jun Hyung hasn’t been calling her since early that morning which was really rare because Jun Hyung has always been her alarm clock in the morning.

What if something happened to Jun Hyung, did he get hit by a car when he was driving? Questions begun flooding her brain and soon she fell asleep on the lumpy couch.

“Diane? D, wake up.” Mi Young was awoken --- Diane is her English name --- as she turned to the culprit.

It was a best friend, Yoon Doo Joon. “Oppa, why are you here? I thought you were supposed to be out of town during winter’s break.”

“I was but then I realized my honey and her blonde twin had nowhere to go, and it was really unfair for me to leave the 2 of you in SU while I was having my vacation. So, I asked my mom. And she said ‘yes’.” Doo Joon started blabbering about nonsense which she has no idea what he was talking about.

“Chakamal, said ‘yes’ to what?” asked the sleepy Mi Young.

“Congratulations Diana Felicity Yang Mi Young, you and your brother are going to Cali with me for 2 whole weeks!” Doo Joon announced with excitement.

“Jeongmalyeo?!” Mi Young jumped up and down from the couch, she then gave a big hug to her best friend and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Mi Young, what are you doing?” a voice called the 20 year old girl as she widened in shock. Behind her was Yong Jun Hyung, the man of her life.

“Oh J-Jun Hyung, what are you doing here?” Mi Young stuttered. She broke the hug with Doo Joon as she walked towards her boyfriend.

Jun Hyung was holding a bouquet of rose and chocolate in his hand, “I’m just here because I wanna give my GIRLFRIEND her soon-to-be birthday present that I had prepared since this morning.” Emphasizing on the word ‘girlfriend’, the younger boy glared at the older one.

“But it seems like you guys are having more fun, so I’ll just leave you guys to it. Bye.” Giving Mi Young a peck on the cheek, he exited the room.

“Chakamal, oppa. It isn’t what it looks like, Doo Joon oppa was just telling me an exciting news, the kiss on the cheek meant nothing to me or to Doo Joon. You’ve gotta believe me.” Tears were threatening to spill out from her eyes, Jun Hyung just sigh as he gave Mi Young an understanding nod.

“Araso, don’t cry anymore.” Jun Hyung pulled Mi Young gave her a passionate kiss which Mi Young immediately responded.

It was like a stab in the heart to Doo Joon seeing that sight he didn’t ever want to see, all he could do was lowered his head and stared on the ground.

~

Doo Joon went to his usual coffee shop to buy a cup of coffee when he spotted Jun Hyung, with another GIRL. It shocked Doo Joon so much that it made him drop his drink.

‘What is that dude doing with another chick?” Doo Joon watched the scene as Jun Hyung leaned in and practically shoved him tongue down the girl’s throat.

He immediately dumped the cup and dashed towards Mi Young’s dorm, students at the campus looked at him as if he was a freak show.

He practically run through the door of his best friend’s dorm, “Diane, D, where are you?”

Mi Young was in the corner, weeping, “Diane, what happened?”

“Jun Hyung broke up with me.” Diane said between sobs. “He’s back with his ex-girlfriend. I guess he doesn’t love me just as much as I love him. He said that he didn’t believe what happened last time, that the peck I gave you doesn’t mean anything.”

“Shh… Don’t cry…” he gave the 20 year old a hug, trying to calm the girl down. ‘If only you knew…”

~

‘Mianhae, Mi Young… take care of her, Doo Joon hyung…” tears flowed down from Jun Hyung’s cheek when he kissed the woman he never loved.

~

A few days later, Yong Jun Hyung left Korea…