Key-Umma is Better

Key-Umma is Better

 

I MEAN NO OFFENSE TO SHIN SE KYUNG WHATSOEVER!! Truly, I just want Jonghyun to be happy. It's just that I'm a huge JongKey shipper :D Also, I wrote this in class earlier today haha. Sorry if it's short :]

Taemin wondered what his hyung saw in her. Sure, she was pretty and nice, but he could not understand why he chose her over Key. It had been clear to everyone that Key had feelings for Jonghyun. Even Jonghyun himself knew. He had confronted Key once. Of course, being the honest person he was, Key had admitted that he had feelings for the vocalist. Jonghyun had been flustered and started to stutter. Key had interrupted him and told him it was fine if his feelings were not reciprocated. Key had said their friendship was the most important thing. Although Jonghyun had been relieved, things between the two were not the same for the next couple of weeks. Eventually, Key had had enough and confronted Jonghyun. 
 
"We're best friends! Why are you avoiding me?!" Key exclaimed.
 
Jonghyun had looked away and said, "I'm not avoiding you. You're reading too much into things." 
 
"Yes you are! Look Jonghyun-hyung! I love you, okay? But I already told you it's okay if you don't return my feelings. I figured there would be a period where we would be awkward with each other after I told you, but it's been weeks!" Key practically screamed at him. 
 
"It's not that," Jonghyun mumbled.
 
"Yes it is!" Key retorted. He sighed before continuing, "Jonghyun-hyung, it's okay. It really is okay. I don't mind that you don't have the same feelings for me. What's important to me is our friendship. I don't want that to change."'
 
Key couldn't believe he was going to lose a friend over this. Their friendship meant a lot to Key. Although Key had felt saddened that Jonghyun did not love him the same way, he had gotten over it. He had thought that even though he could not have Jonghyun as a lover, he could still have him as a friend. They were the best of friends, and Key wanted that to remain the same. He did not want to lose his best friend. With that possibility in mind, Key could feel the tears coming to his eyes. How was he going to get it through that thick dino head of Jonghyun's that he just wanted to be best friends again?
 
"Do you not want to be friends anymore?" Key asked softly.
 
Jonghyun's head shot up. His gaze met Key's, and Jonghyun realized just how much he was hurting his friend. His friend...That's right, Key was his friend. His best friend. Why was he acting this way? Sure it was awkward when he found out Key loved him, but it had been weeks since then. Was he so afraid of hurting his best friend that he ended up avoiding him? He was being so stupid.
 
Jonghyun took a few steps forward and hugged Key.
 
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," he apologized, "I'll always be your friend. I'm sorry for being such an idiot."
 
Key returned the hug, and the relationship between them returned to normal. In fact, they seemed to have gotten closer. Taemin had wondered if they were together romantically. Before he had a chance to ask his Key-umma, Jonghyun-hyung announced that he was going to ask Shin Se Kyung to be his girlfriend. Taemin's gaze had immediately shifted to his umma's. Key was composed, but Taemin could see his umma's eyes start to water. The members had all congratulated Jonghyun, even Key. Taemin saw his Key-umma smile and it saddened him. In his opinion, Jonghyun-hyung looked better with Key-umma.