Let's Dance

Stranger

I stared at the ceiling fan for what seemed like forever....turning...turning...turning. Always turning.

I won't let her know for sure that it's me yet. Not yet.

As I opened the window the glaring morning sun stung my eyes and I quickly pulled on my skinny jeans and school uniform button down and tie.

Grabbing a bananamilk from the fridge, I started my car and headed for school.

Just as I was turning the first right, my cell rang. The golden shoe charm twinkled in the sunlight and I was once again reminded of the only thing that had been going through my mind for days- Chaemin. Her dark black hair, her big almond brown eyes, and those wonderful fingers that made magic of a piano... I was falling for her.

_______________________________________________________________________

" Oh, hey, you're here before me today." I  smiled when I saw that Taemin was in my- oh wait, now its our- practice room.

" Yeah I was wondering if maybe we could skip school altogether today? I want to take you somewhere." he said

" Cool! Where are we going?"

" Not telling! You'll see." He playfully pushed me toward the door.

_______________________________________________________________________

" We're here. Lets go inside!" Taemin said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the trendy little building. I was caught by surprise. An electric shock went through my body from where he touched me.  My heart was starting to beat a little faster...if only he knew who I was...

We had arrived at a cute little cafe. Some band was playing on stage and setting a relaxed mood while people were chatting over a cup of coffee.

" That's my band over there. " he said as he waved in the direction of a stage with 4 boys. The drummer waved back.

" Dance with me." Taemin pulled me toward the center of the dance floor, in front of the band. He tapped his feet to the beat and started to dance.

" Taemin- ah, I can't dance like you..." I said, self-conscious.

" Come on Chaemin, just follow me." He held my hand as he did a series of moves. I hesitated for a second, but finally tried my best to follow his steps. We both ended up bursting in laughter. The song ended and everybody clapped.

The band stepped off the stage aqnd immediately embraced Taemin in a warm hug.

" Yah, Taemin- haven't seen you in a while." they said as they took turns messing with his hair. " Who's this you have with you, she's pretty." said the lead singer.

" Annyeong, I'm Jonghyun. This is Key, Onew, and Minho", as he pointed to the other members in turn.

" I'm Chaemin, I go to school with Taemin now." I replied.

" Take care of our maknae, will you? Haha." Onew said. Everyone chuckled.

" Well, got to keep the show going." Key reminded everyone, and they all returned to the stage.

" We are going to take soloists now!" called Jonghyun. " Don't be shy! Come on up!"

" Chaemin!" Taemin turned to me excitedly,

" Aniya, Taemin, I can't..."

" Yes you can!" And before I could stop him he pushed me onto the stage.

" Oh hello there Chaemin, what do you play?"

" Piano."

Minho got up to pick up a keyboard and set it up for me. I looked to Taemin and gave him a teasing glare. He just gave me a thumbs up in response.

" Uh one, two, uh one, tow, three, four." Minho counted off and he set the beat and started to play. After the first chorus, they signaled for me to start my solo.

I froze. I had never played in front of a crowd before. I looked behind me.

Besides the drum keeping the beat, everything was silent. But suddenly, I heard Jonghyun whisper to me from his spot:

Just play what you feel.

And so I did. I didn't think. I just played. By the time the next verse had started I didn't stop playing, all I could hear was thunderous applause. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taemin dancing to the music. As he looked up and met my eyes, he gave me an encouraging smile, and continued to dance. Everyone was clapping for him too. The song ended and people started to stand up and clap even louder. The band clapped for me and I exited the stage. On the floor, Taemin grabbed my hand and spun me towards him. I almost tripped but just as I was about to fall, Taemin caught and brought me towards himself.

He brought my face close to his with his hand on the back of my head and suddenly, our lips were touching. It was the most magical kiss I had ever experienced. His lips were soft, yet slightly chapped. His mouth tasted like banana milk.

Only when we parted did I realize that eveyone in the cafe had cleared from the center and were now clapping and hollering. We both embarrassingly ran out the door. I sat us down on a bench in the back, where it would be quiet.

" You did great, Chae."

I still hadn't looked at Taemin yet. Not after he kissed me.

Chae.

" Y-You knew? But I thought You moved to Incheon."

" I knew all along." This surprised me.

" I did move to Incheon, but then 3 years ago I moved to the next district over."

I just stared. It's Taemin. The Taemin from all those years ago. I reached into my purse and pulled out the musical not charm that he had given me when we were kids.

" I remember that." He said, with his silly little smirk on his face.

" Minnie.." he just smiled again. I pulled him toward me and we shared one more kiss.

" Thank you." I said.

" For what?"

" For loving me."