Look at me, not him. Look in my heart, not his.

[ONESHOT] Look at Me, Not Him. Look into my Heart, Not His.

 

It's been 2 years already since Kai; a heart-throb in my school became my boyfriend. He's sweet and cute. He was actually my first boyfriend. Kinda silly how we became together though... We were paired up by a Marriage Booth in a festival at school, they said that we look perfect for each other...
 
I was reluctant at first...
 
But when he showed his sweet side, I fell for it. However, when we reached college...Slowly, because of studies, we felt distant...
 
"Just because of studies? He didn't even try to communicate with you?" Kyungsoo suddenly said.
 
Kyungsoo was my closest friend ever since 1st Year HighSchool. He was my first friend when I didn't know where my classroom was, turns out he was my classmate and immediately, we became friends. He always wears that signature eyeglasses of his  and a watch given to him by his father upon graduating Elementary. He's still the same up until now that we're university students... He's really entertaining. He tends to make jokes when we're hanging out, and most of the time, he's the only person I run to when I have problems.
 
"Well...He does...but it only happens like...when we date...then after that day...no communication."
 
I sighed.
 
"Why did he even go to another university anyway.."
 
"I think there's something fishy about your boyfriend. There was always something fishy about him."
 
I looked at him.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"You know, if he really means something to you, he could have done many things regarding the distance. Not just during the times that you two meet. It feels like he'll only care for you when you two are together and put you aside after. If I were you, you better be alert and watch his move."
 
I glared back at him. 
 
"I'm leaving."
 
I stood up and walked away from Kyungsoo. That was one thing I hated to hear the most. I didn't want to believe it, although I myself had doubts. I didn't want to assume.
 
2 Weeks after my talk with Kyungsoo, I walk home using my bicycle. It was raining hard that I had to stop using it for a while and walk with it on the way home. The one thing I needed the most was the one thing I left behind in school...umbrella. After I realized that I left it, I detoured and walked my way back to the university.
 
I was looking through the store windows until I saw a familiar face. 
 
Is that who I think it is...? I stopped and went closer to the store. It was an expensive restaurant and everyone looked high class inside. I looked into the person inside and saw his face near a woman. Afterwards I saw them kiss. My eyes widen as the man returned back to his seat.
 
I trembled. My body began shaking...
 
The man was Kai.
 
I stood there for a couple of minutes until the woman saw me staring at them. She pointed out and Kai looked at me with a surprised expression. I couldn't take the pain I'm feeling anymore. I wanted to run away. I want to believe it was all a nightmare.
 
Without thinking, I rode my bicycle and dashed off towards home. Tears started trickling down my face, the heavy rain was dropping hard. My eyes was getting blurry until I felt a hard bump. My head suddenly like it was spinning, I must have made my bicycle crash into something hard.
 
Slowly, I felt my leg in pain... Slowly losing my consciousness under the rain. Before I completely lose my consciousness I heard a man calling my name over and over. I looked to were the voice was coming from until I saw my umbrella, but the face of the man was blurry. His voice sounded like Kyungsoo, but his outline seemed different. I wanted to take a good look but all I saw was black..
 
I opened my eyes, finding myself inside my room already. I felt a sweat dripping down my face as I breathed out heavily. Thank God it was only a nightmare!
 
I sat up from my bed and felt a sudden pain on my right leg. Wincing in pain, the door opened. I looked at the door to see who it was.
 
"Are you feeling better now?" He said. I looked back at my legs and pulled up the blanket to see my leg have a big bandage on it. 
 
It wasn't a nightmare. It really did happen. I looked back at the person who came inside my room, he wore a normal tee with graphics on it, skinny jeans and sneakers. But, it seemed like it got wet. His hair was short and wet. He isn't someone that I know but, he was handsome.
 
"Who are you?" I asked.
 
There was silence between us until he laughed.
 
"You don't know me?!" he asked back. He took the chair on my study table and placed it beside my bed. Placed his hand on his pocket and took out something.
 
"You know me now?" He looked at me with a face I know pretty well.
 
"Kyu-kyungsoo!?" My eyes widen by just looking at him. He didn't seem...him. He laughed at my reaction and took out his glasses again. His voice suddenly soften.
 
"Yeah...It's me. Kyungsoo Do." 
 
"Ho-how...Wh-wha--"
"I've been wanting to change my style long before. I guess I found the right time to do so now" He smiled back, but turned into a smirk.
 
"Why~ Do I look....handsome?" His big round eyes narrowed towards me. I looked at him surprised, my blood suddenly coiled up to my cheeks. 
 
"Wh-wha?!"
 
I looked away from his face. He was...really handsome. There was silence for awhile. 
 
"Ho-how did you find me?"
"Oh that. I saw your umbrella on the floor at the university so I planned to visit your home and drop it off...When you dashed right beside me using your bicycle. I called out but you didn't stop so I ran after you until...your bicycle slipped because of the slippery floor.."
 
So...that's what happened. I started hitting myself with my clenched fist.
 
"Ah. I'm too clumsy. Why did I even use my bicycle when it was raining hard. Aish. So clumsy!!"
 
I kept on hitting my head until I felt his hand on my head, protecting it from my clenched fist.
 
"What happened?" He whispered.
 
I dropped down my hand and looked down. His question made me remember everything that I saw in that restaurant. The woman, Kai, the kiss....everything. Once again I felt the pain. Tears trickled down my face. 
 
"I..."
 
I couldn't say it. I want to, but I felt that I'll get scolded by him for not listening 2 weeks ago...
 
"It's nothing..." I said, trying to make my tears stop. His hand suddenly touch mine, caressing it. 
 
"It's okay...You can tell me. I won't say a thing. I'll listen."
 
I looked at him once more. Whenever he says those exact words on me, like always, I blurt out my problem. I couldn't stop my tears, I turned away and looked at the window.
 
"You...you were right..." my voice started cracking. "I should have listened to you...I should have had believed in my suspicion way before... I saw him...with another woman...kissing...If I listened and believed in you I wouldn't fe--"
 
I felt my head suddenly being turned, feeling my lips crash unto him. My eyes widened as soon as I realized of what he did. His lips was soft, gentle...Different from how Kai kisses me before... Kyungsoo's kiss made my heart race differently. It made me felt secure. 
 
He slowly broke the kiss and looked at me in the eye.
 
"Look at me." His voice suddenly felt different. 
 
"I've been loving you...ever since. I am not as handsome as Kai, I know. Everyone called me a nerd because of my glasses and my haircut...until I found courage to make a complete change for myself. I tried my best to look like him just so you can look at me, and not him. I want you to notice me. To see my heart. The one thing I couldn't stand is seeing you crying...."
 
His eyes started forming tears. His voice cracked and whispered.
 
"Please...break up with him." 
 
I looked at him. His words was stabbing me like a knife. The person who can let me feel safe the most, was the person who loved me true. Why didn't I look at him before? He was always beside me ever since. 
 
"I.."
 
I couldn't muster my courage towards him. I looked up to him once more and saw his face; his eyes watery from tears. My body started to act on its own. My hands cupped his cheeks, wiping off the tears coming down his eyes. I leaned closer and kissed his lips once more. 
 
"I'm sorry for not noticing you...Can you still give me a chance to see your heart?" I whispered to him. I looked at him and saw his big round eyes; shocked, his mouth open. I gave a reassuring smile.
 
"I'll break up with him. Thank you for everything you've done up until now, Kyungsoo. I really--"
 
Before I can even finish my sentence, he pulled me into a hug.
 
"Thank You! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!" 
 
=====================
Yey! You've reached the end of the story! Sorry if the one shot is long! 
I really hoped you liked it! :D
Comments are loved!
[Edit : changed some words]