My One And Only, True Love

Desperately Loving You

 

It was supposed to be just any other day for the two of them. Well, it WAS supposed to be, anyway. Instead, they had an unexpected argument about something, which resulted in her, being really hurt and angry at him.

 

When they were about to leave for somewhere, she just suddenly snatched the bike away from him and took off. When he saw her, he started chasing after her while calling out to her. She chose not to listen to him as she kept riding the bike while looking at the road to see if there were any crossing cars, and thanks to that, he started to catch up to her. She became more and more frantic at each passing second as he got nearer and nearer to her... So she started to panick and directly headed for the sea.

 

During the time she took the bike and left, committing suicide never even crossed her mind, but as frantic and frustrated as she got, she decided that to keep him away from her, even diving in the ocean at night wasn't that much of a bad idea... and so she did it! She went straight for the sea.

 

When he realized what it is that she was about to do, he himself became frantic, and his face was that of pain and fear. I guess it was because the idea of her committing suicide by drowning herself then dying after some weird fight they had for an unknown reason, that might or might not be his fault, finally dawned on him... 

 

He was seriously trying his best to get to her first, but before he could, however, the bike took off from the ground and flew high up, with him saying "no, no, no, no, Noo!!!!"... Then it started plummeting down to the sea, her with it, while it rapidly drowned as well. He jumped into the water and became so frustrated and frantic as he tried his best to reach her. 

 

By the time he got to her though, she was already out of it, and as if it was the most natural thing on earth for a person to do, he started blaming himself. He was ready to kill himself for what happened. How could he have let her do something so stupid, just like that! It was his responsibility to take care of her, after all. Which also meant: Keeping her safe. However, THIS happened instead. But it wasn't the right time for him to start blaming himself like a mad man though, he had to get her back to DRY land first! 

 

After some time of him trying to drag her back to the shore, she gained consciousness. At first she seemed shocked, but soon enough, got herself back together and directly pushed him away from her. She started to swim back, saying something close to, "the bracelet! I have to find that bracelet!" and his face once again, changed into that face full of fear and dread, just like that time when her committing suicide dawned on him. So he tried his best to stop her from finding that "bracelet", but she didn't stop. Soon enough, she lost consciousness again. And now, he was worse off this time, thinking "I just saved her! She can't be dead! Please no!!" as he pulled her up and dragged her to the stairs on the port. He tried his best to see if she was still alive or not, thinking "no! You can't die! Please, no!! Don't die on me, babe! Please come back". Whether or not he was crying, she would never have known, but at that moment, she started stirring, and when she regained consciousness, she coughed, real hard.

 

The amount of water she gulped down must have been a lot. As she coughed out the water, his expression changed to that of a relieved and happy one. The longing in his eyes were so apparent... And then she said it again, "the bracelet!". He told her to just stay still and catch her breath while he looks for it himself, strictly forbidding her from touching or even just inching closer to the sea. It was somehow morning already, partial sunshine illuminating the sea.

 

He came up with her "bracelet", the first gift he ever gave her, something she cherished more than her life. He went to her saying, "your bracelet. What's so important about that? For you to risk your life just to find it? You almost died!!". "It was your first ever gift to me." she replied. "I cherish it more than my life.". His face had this unreadable expression that she couldn't comprehend, before turning into one with pain and anger. "Then why did you do that?! Why did you try to kill yourself?! Do you know how that made me feel?!?!" he shouted. "I was probably desperate" she replied. "Desperate?" he asked, expression full of shock and disbelief. "Yes. Desperate to get your attention, to make you look at me, think of me, and only me." she replied, face adorned with a bitter smile, eyes clouding with tears, voice filled with sadness.

 

To say that he was shocked was an understatement. "What do you mean by that?? Didn't I already do that?" he asked, sadness painted across his face. "I don't know." she answered truthfully. "I guess it was probably different for me then.. In the first place, I was mad at you for what you did, that's why I ran away. Hahaha. And since you were chasing me, it made my fear grow worse. And then the idea just hit me. 'Jump in the ocean!', it said. That was actually pretty pathetic of me! I was actually scared you know. Practically shaking from fear! But as I said, I was desperate. Hahaha, how ironic! I never knew that my desperation could lead me to such acts! But I guess it worked, didn't it? You came to save me... But it doesn't feel any better.. The way I felt before I left, and now, it's still the same.." it was too long of a statement, really, and by this time, the tears were already flowing down her face. But what do you expect? She said it herself, didn't she? She was "desperate". IRONIC.

 

He looked at her, straight in the eyes... And this time, for once, after the duration of the whole incident, she was truly scared. Never once has she seen him with that expression, and his eyes, they were dark. Even the sun's rays didn't reflect in them. She was slightly trembling by now.. Then suddenly, his expression changed. Now it was of pure joy and longing, peace and relief.. Then he hugged her, and just like that, all her fears seemed to vanish.. That feeling of dread that brought her to the idea of killing herself was gone. All she could feel now was happiness and love. 'Yes, this person loves me. He truly loves me.' she thought.

 

As she hugged him back, he said, "I don't know what it is that I did. Right now, I can't even rack my brain for whatever it is that I might have done to hurt you and bring you to do this.. But whatever I did, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for letting this happen. I should have been stronger! I should have protected you! It's my job to take care of you... I'm so sorry!" and by this time, she knew that he was already crying... She cried even harder now. "I'm sorry too, for being so stupid. I'm sorry for being so pathetic and desperate... I even dragged you into my own selfishness... Something could have happened to you.. I'm really sorry, please don't leave me! Please don't! I beg you! Don't leave me! Don't break up with me! I promise to do better! Please don't... Please!" her voice was getting more desperate by the second, and he hugged her tighter, pulling her closer to him.

 

"Ssshhh... It's okay. I won't leave you. I promise I won't... So please stop crying.. I can't bear to see you so broken like this.. It's breaking my heart." he said while caressing her hair gently, as if putting a little more force would break her, and she would forever be gone.. Then he kissed her forehead, as if to stop her from crying.. But she only cried even harder.. Not letting go of him. He caressed her face with his left hand, the right one still gently caressing her hair. He smiled down at her and said, "I'm really sorry for whatever it is that I did. I never meant for you to get hurt. You know how much I love you, and I can't bear to see you in pain. I love you so much, baby! You're my everything, and you know that! I couldn't possibly survive and live in this world without you, I just can't. I love you too much to even try to think about letting you go! No matter what happens, you'll always be mine! And I will always be yours too, until the end of time, baby. Until the end of time... So don't give up on us, okay? Whatever trials we might face, or whatever circumstances might come, never for once think about giving up on us, 'cause we are more than those trials and circumstances. And remember that we've got each other! We can face all those things together, and overcome them with our love. So don't give up on us, okay? You know how much i love you babe. I'll never ever let you go, you got that?!" As he finished his sentence, she could distinctly feel herself slowly stop to cry. 

 

 

'Yes, I really do love this person. I truly do!' she said to herself once again. It was very stupid of her to, even for a second, try killing herself and undoubtedly bring her away from his warmth, from his love, and from the feeling of belongingness and freedom that he gives her. It was indeed very stupid, and she is glad that he saved her.. For she would have regretted it for the rest of her life if he didn't.. Oh how she loves him, she truly does. "I love you." she said, after that moment of silence. Then she softly kissed him on the lips, and smiled. He looked at her for a moment, somehow perplexed with her actions, but soon enough, he too, smiled. She looked up to him as she was about to say something, but he beat her to it. "I love you too, and more, and I always will. So don't ever, even for just a second, think that I would leave you for someone else, because that will never happen. Not in this lifetime, nor even in our next lifetimes, nor in our past lifetimes as well! We are one. We belong together, and nothing or no one in this world can take that away from us, you got that babe?" he smiled down at her again... His eyes full of love and determination. 

 

'Yes, that's right. He is the man I fell in love with. He is the one who saved me from that period of darkness in my life. He has been there for me, all throughout the bad things and the good. How could I ever have doubted him? How stupid I am... How stupid.' she thought to herself truthfully. She remained silent for a moment, then she smiled. "Thank you, for everything. Thank you, for always being there for me. Thank you, for loving me so much, even though I don't deserve it. Thank you, for doing anything and everything just for my sake. I really love you, yes I do. I may not have been the most perfect girlfriend you could ever have, but I'll definitely try harder from now on. I'll make sure never to doubt you, especially to the extent where I would bring myself to commit suicide. I'm really sorry, Jiyong. You know how much you mean to me, right? I couldn't possibly survive in this world without you, too. You're my everything, and therefore if you weren't here, there would be no meaning to my existence. I love you, Kwon Jiyong. I really do." she finally let out. Her expression was so calm, angelic, even. She looked up to him, then she smiled, as she hugged him really tightly.

 

"You know how much you mean to me, Dara. Ever since the first day I met you, I was already in love. I could never explain in words, these feelings that I feel towards you. I could never explain this happiness that I feel whenever you're with me, or when I see you smile. You mean the world to me too, you know! I'm very blessed to have you in my life. You're an amazing gift from heaven, and I am very grateful for that. I love you so much, my dearest Sandara Park. I love you, and I ALWAYS WILL. FOREVER UNTIL THE END OF TIME. Don't you dare forget that, you hear?!" he said, as he squeezed her tight.

 

It was so amazing, the feelings that were welling up inside the both of them. They were starting to overflow, just like the sea. Letting them out, they finally got everything pieced out together. It was a great step for their relationship, a trial in its wake. Thanks to that, all the insecurities they've been carrying around with them have finally disappeared. They were finally free. It may have started out wrong, and it could have ended up wrong too, however, they are both there now, hugging each other. It simply means that they ARE definitely stronger than that trial that was laid out for them.

 

"Let's go home." he said, as he helped her stand up. They plan on walking back, the bike having been long forgotten already. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So, what was the reason why you ran out on me?" he asked.

 

"Oh that, well, I can't even remember anymore... It was probably nothing, I guess?" she replied.

 

There was a long period of eerie silence, then suddenly, "WHAT?! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT YOU FORGOT?! YOU RAN OUT AND ALMOST KILLED YOURSELF, FOR A REASON THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER ANYMORE?!" he bellowed.

 

She laughed, awkwardly. "I guess so?" she answered cutely.

 

He glared at her. "Oh, don't you DARE, SANDARA PARK! You are sooooo dead meat! How DARE you! I was worried sick! Oh my god! You are... definitely, YOU." he smirked.

 

And the look on her face was that of UTTER SHOCK. She knew what that smirk meant. She's really in for it now....

 

 

END!