8

Working Backwards

 

After Hyukjae had left, the two still stood in awkwardness. Well, it was awkward for Donghae, but as for Yeonji, the girl seemed delighted to see the other man leave.

“You need to stop pretending, Donghae. You know this isn’t you.” She spoke as she approached him closer. “I can’t believe you’d go as far as actually going out with another guy just to convince me you don’t want me.”

He stood with his feet frozen to the grown, his brain felt numb just as well as the rest of his body. He thought he was sure, he was convinced, but some strangely demented though deep within his mind was still confused. There was a part of him that wasn’t sure whether rejecting the woman he once loved would be the right thing to do.

Yeonji saw just how lost the man before her looked, and gladly she took the chance to make a move. Her hands slowly crept their way to Donghae’s face, her fingers finding strands of hair to play with. And yet, he stood there, in some sort of daze, not really noticing what was going on.

She shouldn’t have done so, but she inched closer, staring at Donghae’s lost, unfocused eyes.
Feeling daring, she moved in even closer, landing her lips on to his. She was kissing him, her lips softly moving atop of his, and for the shortest second, just a split moment, he responded. Within that moment just about a million thoughts and emotions rushed to him, as if waking his brain from slumber. And so the next moment he pushed her away, not harshly, but enough to let her know the actions were not wanted.

Somehow he felt guilty, he kissed her too, it wasn’t long nor did it mean anything, but he only realized it was wrong as soon as his own lips started to move.

Donghae took a step back, distancing himself from the woman more. He shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair; a sort of frustration entered his body.
“You don’t get it do you? This isn’t about you, I had time to forget you and how you cheated on me. I don’t care what you do anymore, I know who I like and who I want. So can’t you just leave me alone?”

She stood wide-eyed, not wanting to believe what she heard.
“But I came back for you, I still love you, I have for a long time!”

“How can you say you ever loved me when you went around spreading your legs for other guys?” Even to Donghae his own words seemed a bit harsh, but he just wanted it to end quickly even if he hurt her in the process.

“That’s…I was—”

“Just leave.”

Yeonji was always a strong person and even as a girl she could hold herself well, holding in her tears, but this time it didn’t go down how she wanted it to.

“It’s disgusting, you and that guy. How can you do that? Just the thought of you two is repulsing.” She spoke bitterly with tears in her eyes. It wasn’t clear whether she meant what she said or if she just wanted to make some negative impact on Donghae, however, he didn’t respond to her words. He turned away, shaking his head lightly and whispered a small goodbye before he briskly stalked off.

 

 

Hyukjae was indeed surprised by the presence of a familiar person at his door.

“What are you doing here?” He questioned again when an answer didn’t come. “Didn’t I walk you home a while ago?” now he smiled a little, still confused, yet when he took a closer look at the man before him, he noticed the other was just slightly out of breath, a few particles of sweat collecting on his face. “You okay?”

Donghae nodded. “I came here to get my goodnight kiss.” He grinned, almost foolishly, feeling slightly embarrassed for saying that.

“So you ran here?” Hyukjae reached out to pull away some hair from the younger man’s face, along the way wiping of some of the sweat. He moved away from the door, allowing his guest to enter.

“Not exactly. I walked, took the bus and then I ran.” Donghae explained, sticking out his bottom lip into a pout as he finished his sentence. “And I only ran because a dog chased me…”

“Oh, are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine, it was just a small dog…but it was evil, I’ve never met a dog I didn’t like, but this thing…” He removed his shoes and welcomed himself to the couch in the living room he’d visited a few times before.

“Sorry, what was the reason you came here again?” Hyukjae raised an eyebrow in amusement, leaning his body against the couch where Donghae sat.

After a hesitant second the younger almost sprung off the couch, with some sort of new found determination that Hyukjae couldn’t really figure out at that moment. Donghae approached him, coming into close distance, intimate distance even.

“We didn’t kiss at the end of our date.” He spoke softly, yet somehow Hyukjae found it very much alluring.

There were no other words needed afterwards, they knew well what came next. They felt comfortable being close, but honestly, this was the first time they would kiss just for the sake of that, a kiss that shouldn’t lead anything more, a kiss that would display feelings more pure than just some hidden lust.

It didn’t take them very long to close the gap that resided between them. This time it was different, incomparable to the kisses before, a feeling not just of a bodily need, but also a kind of feeling that made butterflies appear in one’s stomach, made their knees feel weak because of the blissful spark ignited by their lips.
It was a loving play of lips they shared, but something came to Donghae’s mind, cutting his actions and movements short. He took a half a step back, looking down instead of at Hyukjae.

“I…when you left, she….Yeonji and I kissed…” For some reason Donghae felt ashamed and a bit angry at himself for being brain-dead at that moment.

However, the answer wasn’t like he expected. The only thing Hyukjae said was “Oh,” his arms dropped to his sides and nothing more.

Donghae quickly looked up to see a sort of blank expression, not really understanding what was going through the other man’s head.
“‘Oh’? That’s all you’ve got?”

“I don’t know what to say. I don’t have to right to be upset…” Hyukjae blankly walked over towards the couch, sinking into it, like he’d done times before.

At that moment Donghae really wanted to smack himself, it was probably beyond stupid of him to bring something like that up at such a time. They were enjoying a moment together, but he had to go and ruin it. But even if he hadn’t done it then, wouldn’t it still be an upsetting thing to say to someone who likes you?

“I told her to leave. I mean, I hope she doesn’t ever contact me, but she’s stubborn…”

“Do you have any sort of feelings for her, romantically or something like that?” Hyukjae questioned, now sporting a childish frown on his face. He looked more annoyed than angered and the younger noticed this, feeling just a little bit relieved. And once again a strange shot of courage flowed through him. He approached the guy sitting on the couch and without much hesitation, climbed right on to him, straddling Hyukjae, so he faced the man and was seated on his lap all at once.

Initially the older man was surprised, of course, but quickly relaxed as Donghae neared closer to his face, landing small kisses on the corners of his mouth.
“I don’t have feelings for her, but there’s someone who I do have feelings for.”

Hyukjae’s hands unknowingly found their way to Donghae’s waist, his fingers, not able to keep calm, were drawing circles on the younger man’s sides.
“I knew it, it’s Kibum, right?” he joked, with his eyes half open as the guy, just on his lap, brushed his lips against Hyukjae’s own neck.

“Yeah” Donghae murmured, definitely meaning it to sound sarcastic, but that feeling was lost just as his mind when his lips wandered across Hyukjae’s milky skin. The smell of the other man was intoxicating and comforting and finally his body soaked up the realization of what time it actually was, making him sleepy. He jolted up quickly, remembering he didn’t exactly ask for permission to be staying in this apartment.

Hyukjae was startled once more by Donghae’s spastic movements, it didn’t help the fact that he too was ready to relax in his comfortable bed.

“Can I sleep with you?” The younger asked.

“Why are you asking now? You’ve never asked before.” Hyukjae smirked, implying a completely different activity.

“Tonight, just sleep.” Donghae lightly smacked the guy’s arm, getting off the couch he stretched his arms out for helping Hyukjae get up from where he’d sunk into. Instead of letting go, however, the older of the two held on to the other’s hand, leading him into the bedroom, where they undressed to their underwear for sleep.

They had shared a bed before, more than once, they had even slept, however, sleep was only the activity that followed a much more exhausting, heated, and lustful situation. Tonight it was different, it was just sleep, and it was almost crazy to think how easily they fit together, how easily their arms could wrap around one another. It’s as if something new had started between them in one evening.

 

 

might be a lot of mistakes....don't know what I just wrote ..no one really cares anyway