Series Of Misfortune

I Love Both Brothers

 

Dear Diary,

            This is the first day of my new life, I hope that life would be kind for me this time. No more tears, heartaches and problems, I just want to enjoy my life with no worries and to do my best in everything that I’ll do.

            I met a guy earlier, he is so annoying and such an airhead. But thanks to him I was saved by a group of erts in the train station, I haven’t asked his name. But I bet he was still in high school, and I have a tough competition just now. His name is Im Jae Bum, he doesn’t look like that smart and more like whimppy kid.

            The best part of this day is I made a friend, her name is Eun Jung, and she’s a very shy person and totally has no self-confidence in herself. She’s quite pretty and smart too, that’s why I think we’ll be going to be good friends.

 

After Ji Yeon finished writing in her diary, she watched the news.

 

A group of terrorist in America  made a horrible massacre in New Jersey, the police report said that many died during the incident. It was 4 o’clock in the afternoon when the said incident happened, there are no clear reasons why the suspects did this.’

 

Ji Yeon felt very nervous and scared. She’s worried that something bad must had happened in her mom. She kept on praying to God for her Mom’s condition. Random thoughts ran around in her mind about the situation of her mother, suddenly the phone rang.

 

“Hello?” She answered.

“Hello, Ji Yeon-a, this is Umma. How are you—“

“Mom! How are you? Are you okay? Is Min Ah safe? What happened?!” Ji Yeon asked with relief in her tone.

“I’m okay, your sister’s okay too. She’s with me, about the incident lately. We cannot go back there this month, you see the company that I was working is one of the establishments that are really affected. Because of that the employees cannot get their full payment, and I’m afraid that the company will be bankrupt.” Her mom explained.

“Then where the hell will I go, there are many disconnection notice in our house. And my food budget and allowance is not good, what am I going to do now?” Ji Yeon asked with worries.

“About that, I asked the help of one of my closest friend there in Korea, and she agreed to help us.”

“And how will she do that huh? Is she going to pay all the bills, give me money and cook for me?” Ji Yeon asked sarcastically.

“Yah! Let me finish first. You’re going to stay about two to four months there, she said that she cannot support all your needs because she has her own family—“

“See?! You’re giving me to a person who cannot support me? Then I will just be a burden to her family—“

“I SAID LET ME FINISH FIRST. You’re going to work at her flower shop so that she can replace the other worker there, you will not have any salary there. You will work there so you can help her family too, but don’t worry I will keep on sending you you’re allowance for every month. You’re a smart girl Ji Yeon so be wise on spending the money, okay?” Her mom explained with enthusiasm.

“Arraseo. Just be careful there huh? Always take good care of yourselves, I miss you mom.” Ji Yeon whispered, almost crying.

“I miss you too my sweetie.” Her mom said, in tears.

 

And the lines we’re disconnected, Ji Yeon was left alone at their house. Lonely and has no one to turn to, no one.